Poll: Remove LFR from WoW?

Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Yes, I did. It's either you should've invoked your leadership decision in here before the roll or there would be no roll because the other person has a first upgrade priority. You've basically invoked this on yourself, imo.
    You're still not grasping the point. There was no leadership decision involved. The rules are (excluding the leadership provision which is seldom invoked and was not even in play here):

Main spec roll and haven't won a roll that raid > Main spec roll and already won a roll that raid > Offspec roll

If you don't roll it's assumed you don't want the item, so the guy was expected and even encouraged to roll main spec. The only reason he "lost" was because someone else who hadn't won yet also rolled main spec. I don't know why that's so hard for you or the guy who left the guild to understand. How did we bring this on ourselves? The guy walked away with several upgrades. He's no big loss, to be honest, because we don't need a guild full of loot whores. Still, he really had no business participating in a raid when he didn't agree with the loot rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

Quote Originally Posted by soulzek View Post
    Blizzard’s time invested in tuning raids for LFR should be reallocated into tuning them for 5-man versions of the instances instead.

Back in the day, casuals ran 5-mans, and we liked it. Instead of giving us a drama filled LFR snooze fests, give us a challenge with 5-man versions of the high-end raids.

This opens a new endgame for those who do not want to commit to 10-25 man raiding. Make them hard, but doable in 1-2 hours with a competent group. Don’t put them into the dungeon finder. Make people fly out to them. Put a one week lockout on them. Loot is equivalent to LFR gear.
    Speak for yourself only. LFR is fine. If you don't like it don't run it. There are guilds that still do MSV, HoF, ToES, and ToT you know.

All you have to do is organize with people. It's not going to bite your face off. Then you will realize how stupid it was to complain about something erelevant to you.

Deleted
    I dont think there is anything Wrong with LFR it dose the job it was meant to do give people the feel or a large group and to see end content. idk why so many people complain about it if u want to do harder content go do Normal/Heroic if your dont have time then raiding is not for you and go do somthing else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomthulsa View Post
    Speak for yourself only. LFR is fine.
    Speak for yourself only!

Quote Originally Posted by MajaFang View Post
    I dont think there is anything Wrong with LFR it dose the job it was meant to do give people the feel or a large group and to see end content. idk why so many people complain about it if u want to do harder content go do Normal/Heroic if your dont have time then raiding is not for you and go do somthing else.
    For some, it is not just about the difficulty, it is about the "exclusivity" of raiding. Previously, a very small percentage of the players based raided. Blizzard decided to open up a new easier setting of the raid to allow more to raid. This removed "exclusivity" of being a raider.

Lore said it best. There are people who enjoy doing something more if others cannot do it or does not get the opportunity to do it. It is called bragging.

Quote Originally Posted by DStrukt View Post
    Not see the news lately?
    The news that their at the sub count they had before Burning crusade and other than this and one or two other moments there has been a steady, deep decline for the last several years?

I don't really like how everything is so impersonal, but I don't know that I'd be doing much raiding without it.

LFR is there for people who arent good enough to get into a guild raid line-up or cant play at guild raid times. If you dont like it dont que for it

Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    Old question is old....

LFR isn't killing the game in terms of the populace more or less thriving
    LFR killed the quality of the community and the quality of players that were bred from its experiences
    I would not say LFR has killed the quality of the community I just think it's now allowing us to come in contact with some of the less sociable/savoury players in the game. They were always there but, because they were not particularly social or likable they could not join guilds or get into PUGs for dungeons or raiding. Some of these players, who because of how they acted in trade chat, dungeons & raids quickly became black listed on their servers from being welcome in any group content. And then of course there are the other people who never joined guilds or PUGs because they didn't want to or were too scared to, who now have a method for joining groups.

Certainly the cross-realm nature of both LFD & LFR does not in any way promote accountability & that has it consequences from a social perspective. At the same time it also allows people to experience content without being forced to conform to the expectations & demands of guild leaders/members which can sometimes be a little confrontational all of its own. I'm sure quite a few people have had somewhat negative experiences in guilds/raids that makes them not want to go down that path.

At the end of the day the Wow community is it's own worse enemy and I doubt at this point it will ever sort itself out, assuming it remotely even wants to.