Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    What is the limiting amount of damage that can be outhealed with a full Parry/Mastery build?

Situation: Auriaya 25H at level 85. I'm getting destroyed by the adds, and I'm wondering whether reforging to Mastery will help. Death Strike is healing me in many instances for 35% of my health, in full DPS gear with very little Mastery.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    What is the limiting amount of damage that can be outhealed with a full Parry/Mastery build?

Situation: Auriaya 25H at level 85. I'm getting destroyed by the adds, and I'm wondering whether reforging to Mastery will help. Death Strike is healing me in many instances for 35% of my health, in full DPS gear with very little Mastery.
    Mastery wont make you heal for more, and avoiding damage > reducing damage taken.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    dodge/parry will be completely worthless on that fight, what's destroying you are stacks of the bleed, and iirc they are not dodge/parry'able.

just kill the adds faster, I guess.
    I have to keep the adds alive for the achievement T.T.
    In any case I'm sure Blood Shield can absorb bleed damage, so I'll just reforge into an absurd amount of Mastery as currently I would beat the enrage timer by 4-5 minutes.

@Yogg/LK times
    \faint

dodge/parry will be completely worthless on that fight, what's destroying you are stacks of the bleed, and iirc they are not dodge/parry'able.

just kill the adds faster, I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

4:12

Was bored and did a random LK speedkill for the n-th time, this time as Unholy (this was first attempt btw). Fairly sure you could easily get below 4 minutes if you start learning how to play around the silences.

- - - Updated - - -

and 3:51 for yogg this week. 3:30 doable. oh well.
    Lol, and I am still a few seconds faster as blood than frost due to the fact I'm not able to dps him in transition and survive raging spirits!

Won't even say the time it takes me for LK, but my record on yogg is 6 min 35 (I think) as blood and around 5 min 20 as frost, 564 average, no buffs, no BL, may be I used a potion.

I am trying to solo Heroic Maloriak in BWD but I am dying during the blue phase due to being frozen. I can AMS one then drop a D&D for the next one but then I'm screwed when I get one after that. Desecrated Ground doesn't seem to work either. Help?
    Last edited by Sflame; 2014-02-09 at 07:00 AM.

Never interrupt Arcane Storm during blue phase. This messes with the boss' ability timers and means that you will only have one flash freeze in the last few seconds of the phase.
    Got it down! Thanks for the help Mionelol!

Deleted
    I tried doing LK faster too, after a tip from someone here to focus on death strike

It did seem faster, but by doing less heart strikes I didn't get one of the shambling horrors down before LK. He kept healing up to 100% between frostmourne phases. This seems to mess up the encounter a lot, since I didn't get resurrected. After I released, I found LK still casting his raise dead thingy, so I hit him to 1 hp. He couldn't be killed until I killed that shambling horror.

All ended well, but I think I'll stick with killing the adds before phase 3 :P

@mionelol: you who did alysrazor 25 hc back in the other patch, was it hard as a dps check? How much item level did you have roughly? And did you stay inside the area during any ground phase or just stood outside always (could have it been possible back then to stay inside and dps with crit + haste buff)?

Cause I tried today, took me around 4 hours of attempts, 564 dps gear and the typical 4 buffs, gear must've been higher than what you could get back then, but also have to keep into account the vengeance nerf, she has 197 millions, on my best try I managed to dps her inside during phase 1 and get her to around 100 millions, but then at around 29%, on the second ground phase, 6 hatchlings came outside for some reason..... wipe ofc. On my killshot she had 107 mil at the end of the first ground phase (also stood inside), 68 mil in the end of the second and 18 mil when she came to attack me the last time and "enraged", barely made it, although my record was surviving blazing cleave through 27 mil alysrazor's hp. I normally fail at circles but in dint of trying and trying I think I got them in somewhat quick way, 1 min and 30 or so with crit buff every time, should it be so hard in this gear after vengeance nerf or am I missing something?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    ^
    Your post in this thread was on May 6th, well before Patch 5.3, thus it was done with ~535-537ish I'd guess.

@Esploratore Possibly try again with that new strategy? I'm not sure the RPPM + Vengeance nerfs would have increased the requirement that much.
    Last edited by Khiyone; 2014-02-10 at 04:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Esploratore View Post
    @mionelol: you who did alysrazor 25 hc back in the other patch, was it hard as a dps check? How much item level did you have roughly? And did you stay inside the area during any ground phase or just stood outside always (could have it been possible back then to stay inside and dps with crit + haste buff)?

Cause I tried today, took me around 4 hours of attempts, 564 dps gear and the typical 4 buffs, gear must've been higher than what you could get back then, but also have to keep into account the vengeance nerf, she has 197 millions, on my best try I managed to dps her inside during phase 1 and get her to around 100 millions, but then at around 29%, on the second ground phase, 6 hatchlings came outside for some reason..... wipe ofc. On my killshot she had 107 mil at the end of the first ground phase (also stood inside), 68 mil in the end of the second and 18 mil when she came to attack me the last time and "enraged", barely made it, although my record was surviving blazing cleave through 27 mil alysrazor's hp. I normally fail at circles but in dint of trying and trying I think I got them in somewhat quick way, 1 min and 30 or so with crit buff every time, should it be so hard in this gear after vengeance nerf or am I missing something?
    I didn't even bother doing her as Blood, I went DW frost for it. I brought her down about 50%~ before the first air phase ended and when she started to swirl around I flew slightly outside the arena but close enough to be in Death Siphon range. You want to be far enough out to not agro the birds inside but close enough to still be in range to DS, basically. Spam DS on her with AMS/IBF/AMS to live through the stacks while the tornados are happening. Once that is over, go up the hill to Rhoylith and wait for her to come to you, then rinse repeat.

Don't bother going down at all to kill the birds... which might/might not have been obvious from the above, just focus solely on Alyszrazor.

I would not recommend doing this fight as blood.

e: Killed her at 565~ as DW frost. Could probably do it much lower as you have three air phases and I just did the one.

e2: i got bored- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUHDKP_e0bw i'm not the greatest at frost and i screwed up with adds part way through but eh, no big deal
    Last edited by Ryleylol; 2014-02-10 at 12:07 PM.

Deleted
    Sorry if this has been asked before:

What are the caps on hit and expertise for soloing lvl 80 content?

EDIT: After some research, I'm inclined to say: Same as for current content as bosses seem to be always 3 levels higher than me. Correct?
    Last edited by mmocb6cbea4a79; 2014-02-11 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drachenmond View Post
    Sorry if this has been asked before:

What are the caps on hit and expertise for soloing lvl 80 content?

EDIT: After some research, I'm inclined to say: Same as for current content as bosses seem to be always 3 levels higher than me. Correct?
    A boss always counts as 3 lvls higher then you as long as you are the intended level or higher, a if a lvl 80 enter ICC they bosses will counts as 83, but if a lvl 90 enters it the bosses will count as 93 but it won't change how much hit and expertise the lvl 80 needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Fungj View Post
    A boss always counts as 3 lvls higher then you as long as you are the intended level or higher, a if a lvl 80 enter ICC they bosses will counts as 83, but if a lvl 90 enters it the bosses will count as 93 but it won't change how much hit and expertise the lvl 80 needs.
    Just for completion: An 80 entering a 85s raid still needs the cap for lvl 88, or a 70 in an 80s raid needs the cap for 83.
    Nomi Solo - 70 DK soloing

It was extremely tight. I probably would have died right as my cds expired, and that wasn't a oneshot at all ;_;
    I don't remember the ilvl but I had to go outside on all 3 ground phases, and killed her on the third after the message saying that it was now permanently stuck on the ground, surviving for as long as possible with cds.
    The most important part is making sure to doubledip on the ring buffs, in order to get the %crit buff faster. RPPM used to work extremely well with RPPM trinkets and this isn't the case anymore, so it's not surprising that the required ilvl would be higher now. I had permanent full stacks of both Gaze of the Twins and Primordius back then.
    In order to doubledip buffs, you have to be preemptively placed where a new ring will spawn. Rings can spawn in fixed positions compared to Alysrazor, and she will usually spawn 3-4 in a row in the same position before switching to a new position, which allows for predicting where the new ones will spawn. The first ring in every flying phase (and after every firestorm) is to the right of Alysrazor, always, then it's random.
    Thanks for the answer, and yes, rppm could be the reason for the increased requirement, and I didn't know of this doubledip part, that would make quite the difference I guess.

@khiyone: yes, quite a lot of item level difference, most likely it's due to the doubledipping that it was as tight as in the other patch.

@ryleylol: well done, I didn't really think that to be possible as frost, but regardless, haven't been soloing challenging stuff for a while, and was looking for something like this in fl, wanted to do it as blood as a more challenging version of the 25-normal I soloed back in ToT patch.

Deleted
    On Yogg + 0 I can get to the final phase (sometimes with just 1 brain phase) but I just end up getting overwhelmed with guardians, 542ilvl, then the left over tentacles end up getting healed by Yogg? Am I doing something wrong that is triggering faster spawns of guardians? I seem to have way more than others do in the videos.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    So I just did a random Lich King 25N run, and I was expecting to do it asleep (wasn't paying attention to DBM notifications or anything), but right as he went into phase 2 I was blasted off the Frozen Throne. What's up with that? I thought that Shadow Traps were Heroic-mode only?

Edit: Whoops, completely forgot about Ice Spheres. Thank you quikbunny
    Last edited by Khiyone; 2014-02-13 at 05:34 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    So I just did a random Lich King 25N run, and I was expecting to do it asleep (wasn't paying attention to DBM notifications or anything), but right as he went into phase 2 I was blasted off the Frozen Throne. What's up with that? I thought that Shadow Traps were Heroic-mode only?
    Ice Spheres spawn during the transition, try and keep a D&D down but blood boil is usually enough to kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    On Yogg + 0 I can get to the final phase (sometimes with just 1 brain phase) but I just end up getting overwhelmed with guardians, 542ilvl, then the left over tentacles end up getting healed by Yogg? Am I doing something wrong that is triggering faster spawns of guardians? I seem to have way more than others do in the videos.
    Suppose it's just taking you too long on the last phase, your item level is a bit low actually (not saying it's not possible but makes it harder), tentacles will only get healed if the add with beacon on it is close to them, as far as I know.

On another note, I wanted to do morchok 25, but just missed (forgot to roll) a normal trinket from protectors (around 2.900 stam and reduction of aoe effects by 33% for 15 sec with 90 sec cd), which would be quite useful on it as it works on 2 stomps every cycle.

I have a mix of dps and mastery gear I can use for this, with which I have around 173% and 881k hp unbuffed but no avoidance (none of this is tank gear) unless I reforge away something. Reckon I can do this using full survival buffs? And how about the stomps, should I be able to take them all or do I have to avoid them if I have many stacks of sunder armor (assuming 6+)? If I have to get more avoidance, how much do I want? And I assume I'd reforge crit and haste to it and keep the mastery at max? Since I don't have the above trinket, I'm using thok normal and the 530 shado'pan assault one with 1.580 mastery and dodge on use, I also have the 2.900 stam and 20% tanking cd reduction if it can work better than any of the other 2, skeptical about it anyway. Also, is purgatory a viable talent on it? Normally I use lichborne, but most damage on this fight is from stomp, melee hits are almost irrelevant.

I've come to the conclusion that, I need a lot of practice. Been struggling on H-LK 25 today. Avg i-lvl 520 (weapon could be better) Yumieko-Bronzebeard. Doing it as blood and figured I would need to stay in for Transition phases. Using Tidy plates so I only see LKs and the Icy Spheres name plates (although still pretty difficult actually targeting what I need to without macros, and losing LK as a target is just a nightmare after so many shambling horrors are up) Anyways dealign with silences from Raging spirits and what not led to many ice spheres living longer than they should and I was never actually able to push him to phase 2 before falling off and one point or another.

On the one attempt I decided to stay out I managed to get to phase 2. eventually dying to infest (wtf) the silences again made it difficult for AMS etc. With so many guys on the screen made it very difficult targeting who i needed to when I needed to. Wondering if I should focus down raging spirits during transition...

Anyways final question about how long with my gear level (and upgraded yak-hearder's longstaff) should each phase be taking me as blood? And any other suggestions for the problems I was dealing with in other retrospects in terms of, well, dealing wtih everything on there at once.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomHabit View Post
    I've come to the conclusion that, I need a lot of practice. Been struggling on H-LK 25 today. Avg i-lvl 520 (weapon could be better) Yumieko-Bronzebeard. Doing it as blood and figured I would need to stay in for Transition phases. Using Tidy plates so I only see LKs and the Icy Spheres name plates (although still pretty difficult actually targeting what I need to without macros, and losing LK as a target is just a nightmare after so many shambling horrors are up) Anyways dealign with silences from Raging spirits and what not led to many ice spheres living longer than they should and I was never actually able to push him to phase 2 before falling off and one point or another.

On the one attempt I decided to stay out I managed to get to phase 2. eventually dying to infest (wtf) the silences again made it difficult for AMS etc. With so many guys on the screen made it very difficult targeting who i needed to when I needed to. Wondering if I should focus down raging spirits during transition...

Anyways final question about how long with my gear level (and upgraded yak-hearder's longstaff) should each phase be taking me as blood? And any other suggestions for the problems I was dealing with in other retrospects in terms of, well, dealing wtih everything on there at once.
    for me i use a macro
    /tar ice
    /cast runestrike
    /targetlasttarget
    and then personally run out to melee the ice sphere down this way i dont get silenced at an awkward moment and it activates

you have a couple second before its active and you can safely melee it

were you trying to soak defiles? what put you low enough that infest stayed on?

if your using http://www.wowhead.com/item=105925 then thats probably holding you back quite a bit weapon is pretty important if you can manage to get a 528 from SoO LFR youd see a big difference and probably easily make the enrage