Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    how about when full heroic 570 guy attacks some poor alt in TI gear? is that PvP? heirlooms vs. questing items? premade vs. pug? i mean at what point do you make a distinction?

when one players attack the other it's PvP and that's that. it doesn't have to be fair.
    If you have full 570s and you splatter a newly dinged 90, well so be it. At least said 90 could hurt you, even kill you if you go AFK. A level 20 can't hurt you no matter what he or she does, even if you are AFK and, further, you bloody well know that before the you attack them whereas the 90 could be in transmogged 570s so you are at least taking some risk by attacking them. Additionally the 90 will usually be somewhere where other 90s are so you risk retaliation, whereas the 20 will be somewhere only other helpless lowbies are likely to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BonesTheRabbit View Post
    I personally find no gratification in ganking low-level characters, because there really is no challenge.
    i think the main reason people do it is that they get off on knowing that feeling that somewhere out there, on the planet, someone is sitting at their computer and is frustrated. Probably exhaling a big sigh going, ahhhh crap.

That knowledge makes the ganker happy.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by runedhill View Post
    People do it because they can, there is no set reason. Maybe their lowbie died a bunch of times and they're looking for the 90 who did it. Maybe they're just mean.

You're being so pretentious and it's kind of infuriating.
    Try asking us like we're actual people instead of "intriguing" test subjects - it's offensive.
    So the same type of people that do something to get a ruse out of others is infuriated that someone said something that got them in a ruse, especially when unintended? Brilliant!
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    i think the main reason people do it is that they get off on knowing that feeling that somewhere out there, on the planet, someone is sitting at their computer and is frustrated. Probably exhaling a big sigh going, ahhhh crap.

That knowledge makes the ganker happy.
    Did you not read the rest of my post?

Funny thing is, that with cross realm zones, players who have a capable main many times can't even go get their main to kill the ganker because they end up in a different cross ream Arathi Highlands or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Karnak View Post
    Funny thing is, that with cross realm zones, players who have a capable main many times can't even go get their main to kill the ganker because they end up in a different cross ream Arathi Highlands or whatever.
    This. So frustrating

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DonTirri View Post

What makes a lowbie ganker tick? I honestly want to know.
    Knowing your pixel life is mine to do with as I please.
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    If its red its dead.

But seriously, if I see a lowbie of the opposite faction I'll kill them.

Just once though, no camping or anything. (Unless they emote spam at me. /rude /lol, that kind of thing.)
    whatever man

Deleted
    I miss vanilla ganking because to some degree they had a small chance of getting away. When people would gank me on my mage, I'd pray for my sheep to work, blink out of ther and run for the woods and play a game of hide and seek. Now flying mounts have kind of killed that aspect to it .

because "fuck you! you'd do it too"

thats my mindset.
    if its red its dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    For me, it's just part of the war. No matter their level, if I see a player of the opposite faction, I'll kill them, because they're my enemy. It's got nothing to do with trolling, or being unskilled, or whatever other lame excuse they'll come up with. It's just a big part of the game for me, killing the opposite faction's players. There's also the fact that it's a great way to get big battles started, when they bring their friends or mains. Besides, I got killed a lot leveling, so it's only fair I get to have my revenge. All's fair in war.
    question is.

Are you the ganker that flee's when other 90's are nearby or do you take up the fight.

I play on a pvp server to pvp from time to time. and i usually get ganked often. don't really mind much unless they corpse camp me for more than 10min. when i relog to my main they flee as soon i try to engage fight.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    It is PvP, stop trying to cloud the issue.
    If you're standing around 1shotting lowbies as a 90 its not PvP, its become griefing which is something completely else.

It would take a person with a brain to come to that conclusion though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    How so? You rolling a Rogue and playing with him at level 20 or so, does not make Rogues lose their status as the least played class in the game.
    Lvl 90*
    I mentioned that people shouldn't make stupid assumptions without any reason in my post, you might want to read again.
    I was also referring to your line "Nobody ganks with a Rogue these days b/c next to nobody -except old schoolers- play a Rogue." I am not an oldschool player, therefore you are wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    If you're standing around 1shotting lowbies as a 90 its not PvP, its become griefing which is something completely else.

You are fighting against another player, therefore it's PvP. No, it doesn't matter that you can 1shot the other guy without him ever seeing you, it's still combat interaction between 2 players.
    Besides blizzard's stance on ingame issues is "if the game allows you to do it without modding/hacking/cheating it's allowed".

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainistal View Post
    Obviously their tears and I like to imagine the person infront of the computer raging and swearing, it makes me feel happy
    This...is basically my reason for killing anyone in any game.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    No, it doesn't matter that you can 1shot the other guy without him ever seeing you, it's still combat interaction between 2 players.
    At which point did the one getting oneshot out of the blue interact with the ganker?

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    The question is why do you not like being ganked? It's all part of the fun!

If you get angry or pissed off being ganked you're doing it all wrong.
    The same reason I don't like wiping in raids?

And at least in wiping, it rarely has the opportunity to happen often enough to be suck as a ghost while you're waiting for a timer to finish so you can start playing the game again

10+ Year Old Account
    Most people who gank lowbies are usually bads who cant make it in a pvp enviroment i.e arenas and rbgs, so they need to gank someone who cant fight back so they can feel like they are good at pvp, except that ganking lowbies who cant fight back isnt pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Karnak View Post
    If you have full 570s and you splatter a newly dinged 90, well so be it. At least said 90 could hurt you, even kill you if you go AFK. A level 20 can't hurt you no matter what he or she does, even if you are AFK and, further, you bloody well know that before the you attack them whereas the 90 could be in transmogged 570s so you are at least taking some risk by attacking them. Additionally the 90 will usually be somewhere where other 90s are so you risk retaliation, whereas the 20 will be somewhere only other helpless lowbies are likely to be.
    full 570 will roflstomp a fresh dinger as badly as it would be a lowbie. you basically have 0 zero chances unless the guy dc's or is actually afk. damn, a skilled person with good gear can take on 3+ lvl 90s at once depending on how much they suck.

low level heirloom vs. questing gear is the same - takes literally 2-3 seconds to nuke the guy (done it on my hunter not long ago). how is that any more pvp then ganking lowbies?

lowbie ganking is pvp, lowest form of pvp but still pvp.

Field Marshal Romantic Novelist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    I will /violin your corpse before you release and then screen shot your obscenities when you make a level one before reporting your harassing whisper to Blizzard and my day will be complete.