Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Best Proffessions for ele shammy?

What do you guys think?

Blacksmithing is always good for the 2x prismatic sockets you can stick some 320 mastery gems in. The second is really a tossup. Pretty much everything is a +int boost, so its up to you. JC is always good for the extra money-making potential. Engineering is great for utility and those gliders are pro. Other than that, its up to you.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...l-shaman-(PVE)

For absolute min max, 1 of the 2 would be BS. Rest are fairly even, although I would favor eng for the on demand burst + utility items.

Deleted
    engineering is the best profession for any class atm (except tanks, dunno about them).

blacksmithing is in 2nd place.
    Last edited by mmocacb1eadbce; 2014-02-16 at 01:25 AM.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    jc blacksmith always be best route but you could do herbing for lifeblood haste 1m boost or enchanting for int to rings .

- - - Updated - - -

and what earthan said that is debateable

- - - Updated - - -

cause yeah you get the 1m boost to int by synapse but with bs you and extra gem and jc you 640 int with means in total between jc and bs in total 800 extra constant spell power vs 1920 every minute

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelei View Post
    jc blacksmith always be best route but you could do herbing for lifeblood haste 1m boost or enchanting for int to rings .

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

cause yeah you get the 1m boost to int by synapse but with bs you and extra gem and jc you 640 int with means in total between jc and bs in total 800 extra constant spell power vs 1920 every minute
    JC only gives 320 extra int but is suboptimal since you have to use pure int JC gems. BS is good because you can use gems with haste or mastery. Theres really no debate JC/Eng combo is the best right now.

Deleted
    How is Engi debatable? It's always ahead of other SP profession boosts.

320 constant SP vs 10sec 1920 SP.

320 x 6 = 1920, meaning engi is always ahead. Especially since you can use it on pull with all the trinket procs + cooldowns. Not to mention the Nitro boost... So while you have a constant 320SP from other professions it still takes 1minute for those professions to "catch up" to what engi could make use of at the pull.

Blacksmithing is good because of the extra mastery you can get. JC at the moment is the worst profession due to the fact you sacrifice mastery gems for powerful int gems. You won't use the JC secondary stats gems as elemental since they only provide a 50% stat increase from the regular gem, 480 mastery, meaning you would get 320 extra mastery for using those gems. wheareas the Blacksmithing profession gives you 2 extra sockets meaning 640 mastery.

You can't say it's an opinion when the facts can back up which one does more damage.
    Last edited by mmocacb1eadbce; 2014-02-16 at 07:46 AM.

Ahahahahaha, same fight, different thread. Engi is best to max your SP during burst phases such as during ascendance or the 50% korven burn on H Paragons. BS offers the most flexibility with gemming in case you play any off specs. All other professions are static +320 int gains (except the cloak proc from tailoring, but i'd rather have the consistency from the other professions imo), only thing to mention is 2x flask time from alchemy. JC isn't even worth mentioning from a raiding standpoint.

Engineering and and maybe BS

Quote Originally Posted by earthan View Post
    engineering is the best profession for any class atm (except tanks, dunno about them).

blacksmithing is in 2nd place.
    Earthan is right.

I don't understand the rest of the responses. Why reply in a thread about the best Elemental professions if you don't know what they are?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelei View Post

- - - Updated - - -

JC has never been the best, Herbalism is terrible for Elemental and nothing Earthan said was really debatable.
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-02-17 at 09:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you can micromanage your rotation, tailoring/engineering is always going to win, especially when you are an orc. But that depends on the fight (e.g. a fight where tailoring procs right before no-dps phase is going to backfire). 1920 int on use + 2k int proc + 2.2k sp are quite a big deal when you can make best use of them.

Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    If you can micromanage your rotation, tailoring/engineering is always going to win, especially when you are an orc. But that depends on the fight (e.g. a fight where tailoring procs right before no-dps phase is going to backfire). 1920 int on use + 2k int proc + 2.2k sp are quite a big deal when you can make best use of them.
    Except Tailoring isn't better than Blacksmthing.

Static stats are generally better than proc'ing stats (with the exception of Engineering because you can choose when to use it).

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Except Tailoring isn't better than Blacksmthing.

Static stats are generally better than proc'ing stats (with the exception of Engineering because you can choose when to use it).
    Except it's going to proc every minute with less than 1 sec variation so you'll always have it for Ascendance (unless you have to hold on to it which almost never happens in SoO). Worst case scenario it procs 2/3 secs after you popped Ascendance and even then it's better than the passive mastery.

The difference between the two is pretty negligible anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Recom View Post
    Except it's going to proc every minute with less than 1 sec variation so you'll always have it for Ascendance (unless you have to hold on to it which almost never happens in SoO). Worst case scenario it procs 2/3 secs after you popped Ascendance and even then it's better than the passive mastery.

The difference between the two is pretty negligible anyway.
    In a real raiding scene, who pops Ascendance exactly on CD? Nearly all the bosses in SoO I can think of a situation I'd need to delay using it.

Immerseus - you'd be lucky if the boss just came up just as Ascendance comes up, likely need to delay it here.
    Fallen Protectors - probably worth waiting for Sun's desperate measure phase after your first/second ascendance.
    Norushen - you'd delay the second until you lost your corruption and probably when heroism was up.
    Sha - probably delay it for self reflection if you want to top deeps.
    Galakras - you'd need to be lucky with Ascendance lining up just as a 5 mob pack spawns so you'd likely delay it.
    Iron Juggernaut - since you are limited to two Ascendance's (unless you take a long time killing it), you'd want to wait for a trinket proc to Ascendance, you wouldn't pop it because of a 2k intellect increase.
    Dark Shamans - if you want to top deeps you'll need to delay it for the foul slimes.

That's the first seven bosses.

Blacksmithing is easily better than Tailoring (and I'm not a BS on my main before you ask :P)
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-02-17 at 02:10 PM.

I'm not going to get into a point by point argument because I'm too lazy right now

The main argument IMO is that mastery is great for aoe and there are quite a bit of aoe in SoO and ele isn't renowned for it's single target DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Recom View Post
    I'm not going to get into a point by point argument because I'm too lazy right now

The main argument IMO is that mastery is great for aoe and there are quite a bit of aoe in SoO and ele isn't renowned for it's single target DPS.
    Who's arguing? Forums are for debating, and I put my opinion across :P
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-02-17 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Sounded offensive :(

(jc is not good as of dragonsoul)
    (everyone claiming it to be the best is wrong)
    Hi Sephurik

Even though my endorsement of eng sounds lackluster, I have it and strongly advocate eng for any main toon. The utility stuff alone makes it worth it (if you take the time to make it all).

BS grants the most flexibility of the static stat bonuses, hence why I suggested it. I use alchemy with eng on my main and would be hard pressed to drop alch due to having rare recipes (vial of sands ).

Eng/BS are best right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Who's arguing? Forums are for debating, and I put my opinion across :P
    Poor choice of words, meant debating