Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    That reasoning hasn't ever been valid because it wouldn't make haste any better for melee than it currently is for ranged, caster dots already have quadratic dpet scaling with haste, and censure scales with haste anyway. Sometimes I feel like blizzard have a worse understanding of the mechanics of their own game than we do.

Have they specifically stated that dots that don't currently scale with haste will scale in wod? This is the first I've heard of it.

I'm not really sure, but i alos had that in my head. It kinda feels a necessary for unholys also, as snapshotting is getting removed and that was the core of unholy DoTs in this expansion, would be really sad if DoTs were background material like for frost, awesome passive dmg, AoE and game play in my opinion.

While it may be a bit "problematic" looking at our current system. FeS increases duration and is currently adding 2 ticks per diseases kinda, if you have more haste you cannot only get more ticks via more FeS via more resources, but FeS increases in value itself by granting more ticks, because they tick like every 2 secs instead of 3, RC mechanic could fix things, but kinda weird overall.
    Also necrotic plague, if every tick is stronger for a good amount haste could brutally favor that talent and do nasty things.
    Dunno, beta should tell us soon, hopefully.
    Last edited by Raikh; 2014-02-15 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    That reasoning hasn't ever been valid because it wouldn't make haste any better for melee than it currently is for ranged, caster dots already have quadratic dpet scaling with haste, and censure scales with haste anyway. Sometimes I feel like blizzard have a worse understanding of the mechanics of their own game than we do.
    Does censure scale with haste? Didn't know that. Ret scales like crazy with haste anyway, since it also reduces their cooldowns. Which is a very good thing, and should be applied to all other melee too. Anyway, I said that was their reasoning, not that it was valid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Does censure scale with haste? Didn't know that. Ret scales like crazy with haste anyway, since it also reduces their cooldowns. Which is a very good thing, and should be applied to all other melee too. Anyway, I said that was their reasoning, not that it was valid.
    The DOT itself doesn't, but ret gets shorter GCDs from haste, so it scales in that way.

That's just rampup time. So no, it doesn't scale.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Anyway, all DoTs will scale with haste in WoD, so it's a non-issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    all DoTs will scale with haste in WoD
    Citation needed. I've honestly not heard anything of the like.

I believe it was in a Celestalon tweet at some point, but can't find it in a quick search now. Asked him for clarification.

Deleted
    I also love KM

Feels so nice with 2h.
    With DW its not so neccesary for your playstyle i think so

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They should change Might of the Frozen Wastes to say that KM only effects Obliterate and Threat of Thassarian to say KM only effects Frost Strike.

Why? It's not like frost takes any effort to play as it is.