Deleted

Paragons of the Klaxxi, first time as a fury warrior

Hello there fellow warriors! My guild will begin klaxxi progression today, altough we're only going for a sneak peak (1-1:30h) I still come here for advice. Any tips and tricks to some of the mechanics? positioning etc? Anything is much appreciated.

Deleted
    I havent done it myself as I am not actively raiding, from what ive gathered from reading here however i can tell you that you should pick bladestorm instead of DR since it doesnt have diminishing returns, making it deal more damage even if cleave doesnt work (as they heal when one dies)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tankz0 View Post
    I havent done it myself as I am not actively raiding, from what ive gathered from reading here however i can tell you that you should pick bladestorm instead of DR since it doesnt have diminishing returns, making it deal more damage even if cleave doesnt work (as they heal when one dies)
    Not a dps warrior but I can safely say you do not need to worry about cleave aoe damage afaik when you kill one the others heal back to full health so yes you can up your dps damage done by doing that but you aren't helping anyone or yourself by doing so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ronocko View Post
    Not a dps warrior but I can safely say you do not need to worry about cleave aoe damage afaik when you kill one the others heal back to full health so yes you can up your dps damage done by doing that but you aren't helping anyone or yourself by doing so.

Dragon Roar is a single target DPS loss on this fight compared to Bladestorm due to diminishing returns. there is only a 1k difference between the two when there is no diminishing returns applied to dragon roard, so bladestorm is an obvious choice. Convincing your guildies is the hard part.

So--tips: turn off your DPS meter and never stand in anything green/dance for rapid fire. Disrupting shout can be useful if you have a bunch of parasites eating melee.

Quote Originally Posted by sjsctt View Post
    Dragon Roar is a single target DPS loss on this fight compared to Bladestorm due to diminishing returns. there is only a 1k difference between the two when there is no diminishing returns applied to dragon roard, so bladestorm is an obvious choice. Convincing your guildies is the hard part.

So--tips: turn off your DPS meter and never stand in anything green/dance for rapid fire. Disrupting shout can be useful if you have a bunch of parasites eating melee.
    Just link your guild this:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post25391607

(And the posts that follow)

They'll either be convinced, or their eyes will glaze over and just accept it as fact.

What they all said.

Also that disrupting shout is a good skill to use, but so is Intimidating Shout. Most people forget about that one, but if your group for some reason has problems with parasite damage, it can be a nice quick interrupt. I recommend Glyphing it, so the parasites don't run around on people. Keep in mind Int Shout is on the GCD and use accordingly.

After that, the whole fight is about avoiding damage, not dealing damage. There are a lot of mechanics to remember and a lot of easy ways to get dead, if you stay alive, you can win the fight. The enrage is fairly forgiving. I recommend keeping your defensive CD's and D Stance on a trigger finger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fizzule View Post
    Hello there fellow warriors! My guild will begin klaxxi progression today, altough we're only going for a sneak peak (1-1:30h) I still come here for advice. Any tips and tricks to some of the mechanics? positioning etc? Anything is much appreciated.
    its better to watch videos on the fight
    yes, they do have tank spot videos for each fight and they will tell you everything youll need to know

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    What they all said.

Also that disrupting shout is a good skill to use, but so is Intimidating Shout. Most people forget about that one, but if your group for some reason has problems with parasite damage, it can be a nice quick interrupt. I recommend Glyphing it, so the parasites don't run around on people. Keep in mind Int Shout is on the GCD and use accordingly.

After that, the whole fight is about avoiding damage, not dealing damage. There are a lot of mechanics to remember and a lot of easy ways to get dead, if you stay alive, you can win the fight. The enrage is fairly forgiving. I recommend keeping your defensive CD's and D Stance on a trigger finger.
    Just to add to this, staying in defensive stance and adjusting by limiting the amount of heroic strikes that you use is only a 8-9% DPS loss, even if its for the entire fight. So use it liberally when survival is even remotely questionable. Fire edges after the third fire edge can be dicey so I just sit in d.stance for every edge after. Definitely use it when dodging the sonar pulse.

Enraged regeneration can be used in case you screw up and get whirled.

Deleted
    You all mention survival above all else pretty much, but isnt dealing alot of damage quite important aswell because of the stacking damage buff they get? Cheers for all the advice so far, i'll definitely put it to good use the next time we attempt them

I really dislike being melee on this fight, between the fire lines, whirling, rapid fire + korven cleave, green puddles and kunchons popping up enough ways to die so focus on staying alive, specially rapid fire when you're on korven or on hisek can be a pain.

We 2healed it so dps wasn't an issue if you 3heal it skeer/korven are small dps checks but not that hard with the gear now. I usually vigilance the korven tank when amber gets on Karoz, can cause some LoS issues. On the fiery lines you'd probably rotate rallying/demo at some point and use def stance personal cds to stay alive. Banner should be up for kaztik again after korven and can use the 2nd pot on whichever boss you have to most problems, we did it on hisek. I pick up the skeer ability as well and use that on cd.

All about avoiding mechanics, because there are A LOT. There are many ugly combinations of mechanics that can gib you, it's about being ready to handle any situation, and not improvising at all.

It is important to deal damage, but only at specific times do you need to output a large amount (e.g. Korven on Amber, Xaril landing, Skeer before bloods). Otherwise you just live, and stop worrying about the stupid damage meter.
    Rabsies
    <The Horsemen> US25 - Shadowmoon US - 14/14 25H
    "Just play the game"

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzule View Post
    You all mention survival above all else pretty much, but isnt dealing alot of damage quite important aswell because of the stacking damage buff they get? Cheers for all the advice so far, i'll definitely put it to good use the next time we attempt them
    If you survive, you'll put out more damage. Same is true of all fights really, it's just highlighted here as this is a fight with a lot of mechanics that can kill you if you aren't paying attention. As opposed to Garrosh which is more or less a game of "follow the leader", stay with the herd = you survive.