Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by korruna View Post
    Don't worry it'll show up on the Black Market Trading Post one day.
    is the BMAH going to be continuing with Warlords of Draenor? i forget if this was asked at blizzcon
    Hi

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    A good thing theres still time to complete them then, isnt it?

I dont understand why you're complaining about this now, when theres still time to gather friends&groups for it?
    Because it's better to complain about things before they happen than after. I like making new characters and I will keep making new characters, I know this will be a problem even before it happens.

I am somewhat displeased about this.

The problem we have is that we have a full group minus a healer (I tank, my bro and two of my friends DPS), so we have to grab whatever healer we can. Most of the time we just can't seem to find a healer, and... well, we suck at challenge modes. We've been doing them on and off throughout MoP but we can never seem to get higher than bronze and a couple of silvers.

It really sucks and feels shitty that all of our efforts will be for naught in the next few months simply because we don't have a dedicated healer or no one wants to help us, though perhaps our luck will change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aren't they on the black market auction house already? Well if not I think that's pretty likely. That being said I personally never bothered with challenge modes due to a long hiatus, no interest in my main's armour set (shaman) and I personally think that time trials don't fit well with RPGs and also find time limits cheap difficulty.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    Because it's better to complain about things before they happen than after. I like making new characters and I will keep making new characters, I know this will be a problem even before it happens.
    Well you've had more than a year on you to do it, and still plenty before the launch of WoD.

Its not like they come a week before release with it, is it?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    Well you've had more than a year on you to do it, and still plenty before the launch of WoD.

Its not like they come a week before release with it, is it?
    It's like you aren't listening at all.

I will keep making new characters
    I will make characters even after WoD launches because I like leveling and gearing new characters from scratch.

I don't really understand the complaining, you've had an entire expansion to do it.

Why shouldn't things from the past be unobtainable? I missed out on the Naxx drakes by one achievement, I missed out on server firsts for Naxx, Maly and Sarth because I was level 89 when I transferred to the new guild and obviously couldn't attend that raid, it sucks, but I wasn't there for it, or wasn't able to do it, if you weren't there for CM's well then, frankly, it's your fault.

This game needs more things like this, it's an insentive to improve yourself, set yourself goals.

People complain that everything gets handed to them these days, then when something thats been around for over a year, is getting removed, complain again, wut?

You've read the news post, go do it, now, go to OQ, go to OR, get a guild group, it's really not difficult, especially with all the gem slots currently, I one shot 7 golds in an Openraid group.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toiran View Post
    You've read the news post, go do it, now, go to OQ, go to OR, get a guild group, it's really not difficult, especially with all the gem slots currently, I one shot 7 golds in an Openraid group.
    I'm not sure anyone argued that it was difficult. That's kind of the point though, it isn't hard. If they're going to let things that were actually hard become really easy to get it makes very little sense to treat CMs differently.

15+ Year Old Account
    It kind of baffles me because challenge mode was supposed to be unrelated to level, and could perhaps be used later to make old instances relevant again... turns out, not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because rebalancing the current cm's will cost a raid tier apparently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khalkaroth View Post
    The Black and Plagued Proto-Drake, Corrupted Ashbringer, Old Zul'Gurub mounts, Atiesh... now they remove the challenge mode gear, mounts and, to a certain lesser extend, the title? They said themselves that they hate removing things from the game, they even said that they regretted removing the Naxx meta mounts, but it seems like they don't even listen to themselves.

They should make all this stuff reavailable but as a very insanely extreme rare drop from somewhere. Either from a bag you get at the end of every dungeons or raid or perhaps even as a near-nonexistent drop from those card packs you get in Hearthstone in the form of loot cards, but hey thats just an idea.

I was thinking about coming back to this game but this is just turning me off, why should I play this game when that kind of thing will just happen again and again? I mean I'm not playing this game just to see people with these kind of thing in a "you can't have that anymore I have it you don't trollolol" stance. It pissed me off so much when I was only an achivement away from getting the Black Proto-drake, my favorite mount, back when the new version of Naxx came out.

I'm willing to pay a couple of hundred bucks to get that thing if Blizzard is reading this, I'm serious.
    There's no reason for someone to have a reward if they weren't there to participate in the original event.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinksworth View Post
    Well. If the challenge mode armour becomes a "Rare drop" from somewhere, that means someone insanely lucky will have the same mark as someone who worked hard and excelled at their class or just paid for a carry to obtain it.
    Basically.

Deleted
    So they make everything with an insanely low drop chance, OP gets unlucky and never gets the items he want.

Now what?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolo View Post
    I just wish the mounts were account wide that way I'd feel like doing it again with other characters to get the other 3.
    The problem is that quite a lot of people probably picked the same colour twice etc., because they weren't account wide so far...which would leave them with...well, one mount.

Deleted
    well atiesh and zullian tiger. zullian tiger was removed due to the revamp of the raid in cataclysm but there are still 2 mounts you can get from there a raptor and a panther, atiesh was removed because of the wrath of the lich king and deathknight classes so naxx 40 no longer exists, well the next thing thats gonna be a feat of strength is prolly the scroll of ressurection mounts

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabos View Post
    So they make everything with an insanely low drop chance, OP gets unlucky and never gets the items he want.

Now what?
    i understand mounts should be a low drop rate but the ones on a timer like headless horseman which is a 0.5% drop chance and the big love rocket which is a patheticly low 0.03% drop chance with both of these events only lasting 14 days if you had 11 characters there is a high chance that you will never even see these mounts, ofc ashes of alar doesnt count cos you have 52 chances at that a year where as the ones mentioned you have 2 weeks then you gotta wait a year they should increase the drop rates a little on these so theres atleast a chance ive not seen 1 person with the big love rocket on my server yet and ive been on it since classic wow

Quote Originally Posted by Vanos27 View Post
    Only thing that pisses me off about the whole challenge modes being removed thing is that Balance Druids are very hard to play with such gimped stats right now and not a lot of people want them in a team. Only way I can get into groups is if I join my friend who's a tank. I've tried on multiple occasions to get into a group but it's just not happening and respecing is a big ordeal and I am terrible at healing.

So now I can't even wait it out and hope Boomkin gets some fixing so they aren't so gear dependent like they are now.

My only other choice is to pay a group to get me the gear but those go for a minimum of 80k on my server...

I know other Balance druids have got their gear/mounts but in my situation it's most likely not going to happen.
    Yet another reason it is good to be in a guild. We setup 3 seperate 5 man groups and those groups worked together until they got all their gold. It helps alot if you use the same group on all of them because you get to know the group and you can act and react together without even thinking. This is why I think it is funny that so many people are down on guilds. Everything in this game is better with a guild.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    Except that when they go away, you can't. It's fairly obvious that that was my point.
    Then new challenge mode gear will be available. We have until the pre-soo patch to get the CM's done. Giddy Up! If your character isn't max level to meet the challenge what are you complaining about?

Ofc, the LFR-colored gear will all be essentially unobtainable as well and no one is making long winded complaints about that. (I get the difference in that CM gear is unique, but its essentially the same thing)

I wish they would make a few more things limited to a certain time. Now you have one or two things in an expansion and there isn't any rhyme or reason to why they pick that and not other things. I would rather them bump up the amount of things they do so each tier or major patch has something big or small. For many players this wouldn't effect them really, but for the special snowflake crowds they could get their items and be happy with it. If nothing else it would add a little more uniqueness back to the game, now everybody can have almost everything. In some ways that is great but it muddles the game some too.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    I wish they would make a few more things limited to a certain time. Now you have one or two things in an expansion and there isn't any rhyme or reason to why they pick that and not other things. I would rather them bump up the amount of things they do so each tier or major patch has something big or small. For many players this wouldn't effect them really, but for the special snowflake crowds they could get their items and be happy with it. If nothing else it would add a little more uniqueness back to the game, now everybody can have almost everything. In some ways that is great but it muddles the game some too.
    We'll see if they continue it in WoD, but if they continue to have heroic and mythic only mounts off the final boss off every tier (as replacement for flex glory achieves), that would be a welcome change. And have them go away at the end of the tier or go 1%. (Or more likely end of xpac like with rag mount)