Deleted

Haste or Crit for CMs (Blood)

So me and a few friends have recently been pushing times in CMs. We got a few realm bests with me fully haste gemmed. I'm pretty confident in my ability to tank and stay alive. I'm just wondering if Crit would overall yield better DPS results? Whats your thoughts?

My armoury is aeró - Frostwhisper if anyone's interested.

Cheers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AeroJord View Post
    I'm just wondering if Crit would overall yield better DPS results? Whats your thoughts?
    That is true, crit will provide higher dps than haste. nothing more to say really

Quote Originally Posted by AeroJord View Post
    So me and a few friends have recently been pushing times in CMs. We got a few realm bests with me fully haste gemmed. I'm pretty confident in my ability to tank and stay alive. I'm just wondering if Crit would overall yield better DPS results? Whats your thoughts?

My armoury is aeró - Frostwhisper if anyone's interested.

Cheers

Actually, with riposte, parry provides both additional survivability and a lot more dps when tanking multiple mobs due to parry haste and the crit rating from riposte.

However, it loses potency single tanking (ie boss fights) where crit provides more.

Crit stacking will give you the most damage. If you want damage go crit. Be aware you will take a lot more damage and your healer has to do more healing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladimeir View Post
    Actually, with riposte, parry provides both additional survivability and a lot more dps when tanking multiple mobs due to parry haste and the crit rating from riposte.

However, it loses potency single tanking (ie boss fights) where crit provides more.
    Crit is always best for DPS, regardless of the number of mobs you're tanking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Forget haste. Go with a crit/parry build for max crit strike chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the haste build more then the crit one, but crit gives more damage!

I've done A LOT of timed runs and all but one of the runs have been with haste builds

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Forget haste. Go with a crit/parry build for max crit strike chance.
    What? is it even gear that gives Crit/parry? else I doubt its worth (never ever used tank gear in my life)
    Last edited by Kassina; 2014-02-18 at 06:35 AM.

Deleted
    While we're on the subject, i saw a few DKs going for the 120/180 str socket bonuses. Would these be worth it? I assume not but just want to check.
    Also i'm currently using relic of xuen and brutal talisman of SP assault, could anyone suggest a better choice?

I'm going to do a few with the stacking Crit build, might lose a few Death Strikes but as long as i dont die and top meters it'll be okay

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auk View Post
    Crit is always best for DPS, regardless of the number of mobs you're tanking.
    Wait, what? Why? I highly doubt this is true. . . (parryhaste)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    Autoattack damage is extremely insignificant in challenge modes when you're going for speed runs. DoTs and Blood Boil will make up a massive % of your dmg, the rest being Death Strike.

For CMs you should go Haste/Crit for speed and Mastery/Parry for safety.

Deleted
    I see many many Blood DKs going for DPS items with Crit Haste and a bit of mastery.
    I think for fast times like realm first you should go Crit>Haste>Mastery

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minxyqt View Post
    Autoattack damage is extremely insignificant in challenge modes when you're going for speed runs. DoTs and Blood Boil will make up a massive % of your dmg, the rest being Death Strike.

For CMs you should go Haste/Crit for speed and Mastery/Parry for safety.
    Haste increases Rune Regeneration. Rune Regen can be further increased with Runic Corruption. Making haste very valuable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiredmana View Post
    Haste increases Rune Regeneration. Rune Regen can be further increased with Runic Corruption. Making haste very valuable.
    Ignoring the other things that are wrong here, RC scales inversely with haste. The more haste, the LESS you gain from RC, to keep it at the same rune regen percentange as RE.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post

Parryhaste doesn't make up for the lost crit (75% from Riposte vs. 100% from pure crit). Parry on the other hand does provide survivability so it's preferable for that reason, just not because it's more DPS. :P

more parries + auto attacks = more rp = more rs = more rc procs
    and ds heals for more

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kassina View Post
    I like the haste build more then the crit one, but crit gives more damage!

I've done A LOT of timed runs and all but one of the runs have been with haste builds

What? is it even gear that gives Crit/parry? else I doubt its worth (never ever used tank gear in my life)
    Crit/Parry builds is more like- you got a dodge/parry piece? Reforge dodge into crit. You get a crit/haste piece? Reforge the haste into parry. Its for maximizing damage while keeping a modicum of survivability.

In addition, due to the 5.4 SoB changes, haste's value is VERY low as you fight more targets, as you quickly hit GCD cap where you do nothing but RS and DS on just 5 targets attacking you with 30% dodge/parry combined chance. Essentially, 1 point of parry will also give .75 crit rating and something like .4 haste rating, due to Riposte and Parryhaste.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Does parryhaste still exist for player characters? To my knowledge it has been removed for NPCS...Would like to know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zwergerl View Post
    Does parryhaste still exist for player characters? To my knowledge it has been removed for NPCS...Would like to know that.
    yes it does.