Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    Change to a better PvP server. Also, Blizzard should make them account-wide, there's loads of people who have gladiator mounts but moved on to another class, race or faction (including me).
    I'm gonna disagree. IF we stand by the "not for sale, I'm a special snowflake" because they showed a certain mastery, then they should stay with the toon that you exhibited that mastery on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    Gladiator mounts are a reward of skill.

Making them require 0 skill to attain would ruin the whole point of them being a reward.

Terrible idea.
    But obtaining mounts from heroic LK, heroic Ragnaros, heroic Deathwing, etc. with zero skill is okay?

Quote Originally Posted by Whyt View Post
    I'm gonna disagree. IF we stand by the "not for sale, I'm a special snowflake" because they showed a certain mastery, then they should stay with the toon that you exhibited that mastery on.
    Although I see your point, why are Heroic PvE mounts an exception of this? Or, I have 2 Shamans, why can't I use the gladiator mounts that I acquired on shaman 1, on both Shamans? It's the same class.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    But obtaining mounts from heroic LK, heroic Ragnaros, heroic Deathwing, etc. with zero skill is okay?
    So because Blizzard ruined the exclusiveness of one aspect of the game, the PvP community has to suffer the same fate?

Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    Having a 1% drop rate for an old PvE mount once a week is not quite the same thing as just going and spending some in game currency on an old PvP mount.
    But in many cases it is an easy run.
    Onyxia and Kael'thas are like this now. Next xpac it will be Throne of the 4 Winds, Lich King, and possibly Elegon.
    Yes, those are all 1% (LK on HM) but there is a 0.00000% a Gladiator mount will drop off any mob.

The reason I mentioned conquest, and it was just a possible means, was if the old meta-achievements take 2-3 weeks to obtain, then assign a cost or requirement that makes the gladiator mounts take as much or more time. Have it every 200 rbgs or 3v3 victories you get a mount.

That would make sense if the mount were the sole reward for killing those bosses.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neddy View Post
    The reason I mentioned conquest, and it was just a possible means, was if the old meta-achievements take 2-3 weeks to obtain, then assign a cost or requirement that makes the gladiator mounts take as much or more time. Have it every 200 rbgs or 3v3 victories you get a mount.
    Ok, and how will the Black Qiraj Drone, the Black Proto Drake etc. be available then while we are at it?

10+ Year Old Account
    While I don't PvP much, and I don't have any PvP related mount, I don't think I should be able to get any of them. I didn't PvP at the time it was released, why should I be able to get something I didn't Earn.

Just like the PvP'rs shouldn't be able to easily obtain Hellscreams Downfall title or the Kor'kron Warwolf.

If I pvp and earn the Mount then it's all good, I just don't think everyone is entitled to everything just because they pay $15 a month.
    >>This is where I'd put a witty quote for my Signature<<
    IF I HAD ONE

Deleted
    That would make sense if the mount were the sole reward for killing those bosses.

Those bosses are also far easier than attaining gladiator rank in arena.

Apples and oranges.
    Yeah, now they are. Too bad they were nowhere near as easy as getting Glad when the content was current... but for some inept reason the mounts, symbols of status in this game, stayed for every single joe and bob to get.
    Last edited by mmocab3a46fee3; 2014-02-18 at 01:42 PM.

Deleted
    This is a really stupid topic...

Arena is a competition, the PRIZE is the mount, titles and the prestige of knowing at one point in the game you were the best.

PvE Metas are ACHIEVEMENTS, the REWARD is the mount and the title... But everyone can get them.

Thus, the mount should never be purchaseable.

The reason no-one gives a shit about Metas is because they're ALWAYS fucking easy, even when current it's so fucking easy to get the Meta Achievements. I won't get on the debate of PvE being easier than PvP (although it is by freaking miles) but this if this is a troll topic, 10/10.

Sed, I personally don't have any objection to the mounts being available to any toon of the same class, and it would be much more agreeable than seeing a crappy warlock riding a mount earned by an awesome warrior. I just don't know if the mount UI can support something like that. But, if there's no amount of effort that a PVEr can put in that would garner them such a mount, seasons after it's debut, then I think it's reasonable to say, special snowflakes have to stay really really special.

They required skill when they were 100% chance to drop, and now they're about sheer luck. Skill or no skill, the fact they have a low drop chance is more then enough compensation.

wtf is this about Rusted proto and stuff. meta mounts have never been prestige mounts unless it's the original Proto's. It's things like Crusaders White/Black Warhorse/ Invincible/ Mims/ Onyxia/ Pureblood/ Zulian Tiger ect. Also glad mounts are overwhelmingly MEHHHH anyhow unless it's S1-S4 mounts so idk why anyone cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post

Arena is a competition, the PRIZE is the mount, titles and the prestige of knowing at one point in the game you were the best.

PvE Metas are ACHIEVEMENTS, the REWARD is the mount and the title... But everyone can get them.

The reason no-one gives a shit about Metas is because they're ALWAYS fucking easy, even when current it's so fucking easy to get the Meta Achievements. I won't get on the debate of PvE being easier than PvP (although it is by freaking miles) but this if this is a troll topic, 10/10.
    No one cares about metas and achievements/titles two expacs later, but people do care if you carry a title early on in the current content.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Yeah, now they are. Too bad they were nowhere near as easy as getting Glad when the content was current... but for some inept reason the mounts, symbols of status in this game, stayed for every single joe and bob to get.
    As someone who used to sell LK heroic mounts for gold, I don't agree.

That, and many, many people killed LK heroic. 75-100 per server. You'd be lucky to get more than 10 gladiators per server.

Tell me again how bosses are harder than gladiator.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    They required skill when they were 100% chance to drop, and now they're about sheer luck. Skill or no skill, the fact they have a low drop chance is more then enough compensation.
    Well, then give the old glad mounts a tiny chance to drop when you kill a player. It's about sheer luck, skill or not skill the fact they would have a low drop chance should be more than enough compensation.
    As someone who used to sell LK heroic mounts for gold, I don't agree.

That, and many, many people killed LK heroic. 75-100 per server. You'd be lucky to get more than 10 gladiators per server.

Tell me again how bosses are harder than gladiator.
    Putting aside everything about difficulty, because that's a debate that is going to get some people fuming at the mouth and banned - the disparity between old Glad mounts being special snowflakes, but old raiding mounts being available for gold on BMAH and for lucky Joes from the bosses is simply out of place.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Whyt View Post
    No one cares about metas and achievements/titles two expacs later, but people do care if you carry a title early on in the current content.
    Not even that, Gladiator is hard to achieve and Metas never have been... I don't understand the OPs logic. It genuinely just sounds like he's covered up a "I can't pvp" thread with a "I pay X so I want everything" thread :/

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post

People seriously need to stop saying <X aspect of the game that I don't play is easy.>, it's getting annoying. Unless you're rank 1 on the 3v3 ladder and have cleared SoO HC 14/14. If you haven't mastered the other aspect, you cannot say it's easy.

Edit: I'd say it's about Rank 1 gladiator > full Heroic clear > Gladiator > anything. But hey, that's just me. Of course, that's only the case if you're in it from the beginning. Getting a full heroic clear as a recruit of Method isn't hard. Getting gladiator while paying 100k+ gold for it, isn't hard either.
    Last edited by Seditian; 2014-02-18 at 01:51 PM.

Well, then give the old glad mounts a tiny chance to drop when you kill a player. It's about sheer luck, skill or not skill the fact they would have a low drop chance should be more than enough compensation.
    Are you then suggesting that Invincible should drop off Barrens boars?

I don't really think you thought your opinion through.

Two difference game systems, two different reward systems. Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffseid View Post
    I did some 5 man heroic dungeons yesterday and me and the 3 dps put ourselves on follow on the tank while he soloed the whole thing whilst eating cake.

Gz on all them Gladiator mounts you got from random bgs full of bots.
    Why hello there