Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    We cant because it will cost us literally an entire raid tier + Wod being pushed back to 2015
    Chronomancer Club

Seeing as it's redundant with the free 90s I'm guessing it'll probably just stay as it is.

Blizzard probably doesn't want to encourage camping old content mobs anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    If you can't stand leveling, maybe RPG's just aren't for you.
    If you can't stand engineering and assembling cars, maybe driving one isn't for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

I loved leveling alts until end of cata - had something like 22 max level characters, but then less time to play, IRL commitements, etc so i cleaned my account.

I really love leveling new characters (and planning to do so at least once when 6.0 hits since i'm moving my main to a PvE server), but still doing the journey alone tends to be boring. I found the best way to level up is playing with other people...anyway i can see the lvl90 istant boost to be a really diffused thing.

RAF-ing a character costs X euros/dollars, very likely the istant boost will cost less (and it's istant).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

15+ Year Old Account
    Skipping leveling process is for me skipping the best fun of the game. I'm baffled.

10+ Year Old Account
    Buying a 90 is not pay to win.

Do I think it's shady shit and it's not something that should ever be in the game? Sure, but plenty of people like the idea and it's not really "P2W".

I assure you, the people who are bad with their current 90s weren't learning anything by leveling anyways and will gain no tactical advantage by pulling out their or their mommy's card.

Just be glad WoW isn't setup like Rift

"You want more than 3 bag slots? That'll be (whatever it costs)."
    "Would you like to use the AH? $5 please (to be fair, it's a one time fee)."

Truly P2W and F2P games often combine mediocre gameplay with shitty optional purchases that ruin your mood. "HEY THIS NEW CLASS LOOKS SO COOL! Oh... it costs $60 to play.. that's stupid." Sadly, most F2P games aren't setup like LoL where you buy purely cosmetic items.

Do I hate the idea of Blizzard selling 90s? Absolutely.. I think it's greedy as shit. Do I think it's Pay 2 Win? Absolutely not. No one gains any kind of advantage, it's not like reaching 90 in 2-3 days with BoAs taught anyone anything anyways. As evident by the number of horrendously bad players in LFRs/BGs and some Flex groups.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    Disagreed. It'll ensure fewer people purchase new accounts for re-RAFing, and it'll lower their profits earned from their P2W 90 feature. You have to think of the children of the developers - they have to eat too. You selfish being.
    I was going to make a legit post, and then I read this, and I seriously cannot stop laughing. My sides hurt, seriously. I seriously hope this is a poor attempt at humor, because if it is, bravo, you won teh interwebz. If not...oh gods, I think that thought is even more humorous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by xezar View Post
    And that's before you get to visit TBC/WotLK/Cata content (again in some cases for the umpteenth time) until you get to the actual relevant levels for the expansion.
    Personally I'd be quite happy doing 1-60 in the revamped zones and then immediately proceeding to the latest expansion.

I think the actual progress of levels needs to remain for new players who have not seen all the stories. I'd have preferred an xp boost implemented with a multiplier based on how many max level characters you already have on the account up to the current content, but I'll settle for the 90 boost paid or free without much complaining. Paying the money, depending on how much it will be, will probably be worth avoiding the tedium.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leveling can be fun. You only get out of it what you put in.
    Hi

Increasing the elixir up to level 90 is a deterrence from purchasing one. Doubt it will ever happen.

i honestly wish they'd do this

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Even with my servers realm merge, i have a 6 hour window of no one camping Krol. So I have about 4 in my bags already, lmao. Makes leveling on a new server so much easier and simpler. 1-58 I don't mind, 58-68 I have to try not to kill myself, 68-72 is where the eye gouging might happen, stock up on hella quests - Pop my 300% exp elixir, get to 75, have someone carry me through Amphitheater, 77, and storm peaks for 77-80. 80-85 is bearable, but the 85-90 stretch is making me cry. I would love if they buffed it to last until 90, hahah.

Um perhaps having the option to have it decreased to 50% but last to 90 instead? I think that the 90 boost wouldn't even be bought if this thing lasted all the way to 90 and stacked with other exp buffs.

Meh, the boost is ok I guess. Recently used them to lvl up my rogue and it only took a couple hours off my normal lvl time from 1-85. Would be cool though to have them go to 90.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I actually love levelling, it's sorta an addiction too though. This weekend, I hit 26th lvl 90. It's too easy to level now, not really even a need to remove it like some wish. 4 of my alts are already HC raid ready. But fully, I don't see the problem from people with a subject of levelling. It's an RPG after all.
    You really think WOW is a viable RPG? I completely and utterly disagree. There is no comparison of the RPG factor of WOW and Skyrim for example.

WOW basically requires max level and multiple people to experience its content. There is no character developement. No consequences for your actions like in Elder Scrolls games. Shitty quests with little to no NPC interaction. You can't do anything outside of pathetic linear questing, which is usually 90% "go kill X number of mobs for me" or "collect X number of items", repeated 2000 times. I have leveled a warrior and DK. I would like to try a shaman, but without a level 90 boost I never will as I am beyond sick of the boring and monotonous leveling experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    You really think WOW is a viable RPG? I completely and utterly disagree. There is no comparison of the RPG factor of WOW and Skyrim for example.

WOW basically requires max level and multiple people to experience its content. There is no character developement. No consequences for your actions like in Elder Scrolls games. Shitty quests with little to no NPC interaction. You can't do anything outside of pathetic linear questing, which is usually 90% "go kill X number of mobs for me" or "collect X number of items", repeated 2000 times. I have leveled a warrior and DK. I would like to try a shaman, but without a level 90 boost I never will as I am beyond sick of the boring and monotonous leveling experience.
    I've despised questing since I started wow, never enjoyed their quest system, but I enjoy leveling specifically being able to experience a new class.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryonic View Post
    Skipping leveling process is for me skipping the best fun of the game. I'm baffled.
    For me skipping leveling is skipping the one thing that is definitely NOT fun. I am baffled by how much people want others to be forced to spend weeks doing something they find boring (in a GAME) just so they can start having fun with raiding and PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I actually love levelling, it's sorta an addiction too though. This weekend, I hit 26th lvl 90. It's too easy to level now, not really even a need to remove it like some wish. 4 of my alts are already HC raid ready. But fully, I don't see the problem from people with a subject of levelling. It's an RPG after all.
    It's entirely uninteresting for the majority. You don't see how that's a problem? I'm not for or against removing it, cause personally I can deal with it either way, but it should at least be interesting if it's going to exist. Right now most people just dread it. That's not what any developer wants for their game.

I think we could drop the 300% leveling boost entirely if they'd just scale down clevel and scale up xp and gear from quest rewards. Leveling wouldn't be nearly so annoying if I didn't out level an area after 1/4 of the quests in it.