Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    skeptical nancy, go f yourself

Infracted.
    Lol? How is he Sceptical it's the truth people paint pictures about how every-one wants vanilla wow back, News flash players that never played vanilla wow want it back not those that did.

This is rediculous.

Blizz is already having to merge servers to keep guilds together, now you want to make special individual "Progress" tiers that separate people further?

I agree with people that Nostalgae will wear off VERY quickly - especially when they go back to their suposed "golden" era and they're now shouting things like "Wait... I have to keep my mounts in my BAGS!?!" and "...where did the Stormwind Auction House go to!?!", nevermind all the rediculous things you'll have to do like hours upon hours of farming that you've totally forgotten, and when you're denied your Grand Marshal title because the 24/7 PVPers are keeping/deeming who can get that title due to the old system... yeah...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zemin View Post
    Lol? How is he Sceptical it's the truth people paint pictures about how every-one wants vanilla wow back, News flash players that never played vanilla wow want it back not those that did.
    No way in hell do I believe that at all.

If anything, IMO it's just the elitist jackasses who miss the day when they had special clothing they could wear that others could not get easily who want Vanilla back.

10+ Year Old Account
    some of the ideas the OP presented were good but in the long term i think it would fall apart.

people cry out for nostalgia but when they get it they quickly turn against it because YOU are not the same as you were back then. You changed with the content and while you think it may be better to go back, it never is.
    Hi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post

- - - Updated - - -

No way in hell do I believe that at all.

If anything, IMO it's just the elitist jackasses who miss the day when they had special clothing they could wear that others could not get easily who want Vanilla back.
    Think what you want, yes maybe one in every 20 want to be a special snowflake again but trust me vanilla WoW wasn't as hot as it's cut out to be.

Wow will become easier and simplistic with each expansion. Blizzard seems to be catering to the angry bird generation and only cares about money and not true gaming.

I mean seriously. Who the hell needs a guide from level 1-10? Are you kidding me? Not to the mention that the Blue that posted in the comments section is arrogant enought to say that new people need help. Oh my God...

The best way to play an MMO is to find things for yourself and explore. Not sit in the main city and press one button from level 1 to 90.

10+ Year Old Account
    The vast majority of the playerbase could not function in MC, original Nax, Ony's Lair or even Zul'gurub. Just think of the idiots in LFR and how well pugs would go in those raids from classic wow.

Besides, raiding overall has gotten much easier and not as complicated as it was in the past. Do you even see mage or lock tank specific adds in the game any more in the recent raids?

It is just nothing but nostalgia. And since I haven't seen the OP even come back to refute his/her claims or chime in, I highly doubt he/she was that serious about the topic in the first place....

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Wow will become easier and simplistic with each expansion.
    *looks at boss fights then vs now*

Oh yeah a lot easier...

Blizzard seems to be catering to the angry bird generation and only cares about money and not true gaming.
    No True Scotsman fallacy.

The best way to play an MMO is to find things for yourself and explore. Not sit in the main city and press one button from level 1 to 90.
    Subjective opinion is subjective.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    some of the ideas the OP presented were good but in the long term i think it would fall apart.

people cry out for nostalgia but when they get it they quickly turn against it because YOU are not the same as you were back then. You changed with the content and while you think it may be better to go back, it never is.
    What exactly is better about linear as hell questing? Not to mention that if you want to level by questing from 1 to 90 it has absolutely no difference from any other single player game.

Todays gamers want fast and easy, no way they would want vanilla servers. I know I would sub just for a vanilla/bc server and I know more than a few that would return if it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Neow View Post
    how is repeating the same thing over and over again for eternity..... skipping repetiveness ?
    I meant I was skipping the rest of the bullets since they would all be the same style/idea.

Quote Originally Posted by ngc2440 View Post
    *looks at boss fights then vs now*

Oh yeah a lot easier...
    Yeah last night I pressed one button and I killed the last boss of this expansion. Umm, you were saying?

No True Scotsman fallacy.

Subjective opinion is subjective.
    As I said, angry birds generation. Wanting to press 1 button to beat the game.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow will become easier and simplistic with each expansion. Blizzard seems to be catering to the angry bird generation and only cares about money and not true gaming
    This is plain ignorant to state. I don't mean that as an insult, I mean it's literally ignorant of the knowledge out there to think this is remotely true. Rude stereotyping aside, the game play from angry birds to WoW isn't remotely similar so there's no logical connection to say that Blizzard are somehow catering to people who play that game. Additionally you show little knowledge for how overwhelming MMOs are to people who are new to the genre and just a specific game in the genre.

New players do need help. It's not enjoyable nor a measure of worth to be able to figure out where things are in the menus or what features a game has. That doesn't somehow make you a better player. Do you expect surgeons in our modern day of knowledge to just 'get in there and figure it out'? Or would it be preferable for them to get detailed instruction on what they do. (inb4 lol, wow isn't brain surgery)
    Hrm...also shows no knowledge of the actual game design, since it incorporates knowledge of physics...speed/angles, etc. I guess you don't consider thinking to be challenging?
    BAD WOLF

This again? Blizzard making entirely seperate servers for a part of the game people will get bored of in a few months is not a key to a better WoW. It's a huge waste of resources and honestly, it would piss me off that effort is even being put into it. It's a step backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagecamia View Post
    Do you even see mage or lock tank specific adds in the game any more in the recent raids?
    That is due to their motto "bring the player not the class", the opposite than what it used to be. Don't delude yourself into thinking mage tanking was hard unless you seriously think hitting one button every time a boss gets a buff is "hard".

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    This is plain ignorant to state. I don't mean that as an insult, I mean it's literally ignorant of the knowledge out there to think this is remotely true. Rude stereotyping aside, the game play from angry birds to WoW isn't remotely similar so there's no logical connection to say that Blizzard are somehow catering to people who play that game. Additionally you show little knowledge for how overwhelming MMOs are to people who are new to the genre and just a specific game in the genre.

New players do need help. It's not enjoyable nor a measure of worth to be able to figure out where things are in the menus or what features a game has. That doesn't somehow make you a better player. Do you expect surgeons in our modern day of knowledge to just 'get in there and figure it out'? Or would it be preferable for them to get detailed instruction on what they do. (inb4 lol, wow isn't brain surgery) Hrm...also shows no knowledge of the actual game design, since it incorporates knowledge of physics...speed/angles, etc. I guess you don't consider thinking to be challenging?
    Blizzard has gone past the point of providing help. They don't provide help, they make things so easy that you don't need help. And if a new player isn't even willing to do a simple google search to improve their play, then they should suffer the consequences. You don't need Blizzard to hold your hand and guide you through everything, be better than that. Take things into your own hands and actually try.

all of us burn through all that content in 3~4 months , new players come after about a year of release , no one experienced left in the first realms , new players get stuck and leave after a week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow will become easier and simplistic with each expansion. Blizzard seems to be catering to the angry bird generation and only cares about money and not true gaming.

I mean seriously. Who the hell needs a guide from level 1-10? Are you kidding me? Not to the mention that the Blue that posted in the comments section is arrogant enought to say that new people need help. Oh my God...

And sadly that has changed. Gone are the days when you can commit several hours (5 plus) to the game. Now the new generation of gamer wants something easy and quick that yields very good rewards. New players need help but sadly alot of them are coming in with the idea that you don't have to put up the effort to do well in the game. Most of the people who don't give a damn about the game are lumped in with the new players. So there is this tendency to not even help people.

The changes for WoD look good on paper but you can't honestly think for a second that the item/stat squish isn't going to royaly fuck up somewhere during the process.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah last night I pressed one button and I killed the last boss of this expansion. Umm, you were saying?
    He is talking about the mechanics behind the bosses. They were very simple back in the day.

Sad but true :'(

ps : stop feeding this non-sense thread.

So you admit to being carried. Hate to break it to you but there have always been people being carried.

Do you honestly want to be taken seriously or are you purposely trying to be obtuse?