Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewhan View Post
    so much for my post saying it logically had to be less than $40 because now i can just buy battlechest for $10 and RAF myself to 85 in 24 hours real time. Who wants to spend another $50 for 5 levels.
    Or, i could just pick up an extra shift at work, make around 200 dollars, and come out with a profit of 140 dollars, a level 90, and 16 hours unwasted?

I think most of what they offer (Server transfers/faction change/race change) is generally overpriced. $60 for a current max level character...is...probably not horrible.

As you get older, you begin to really put a price on your time. How many hours does it take to get to level 90...like actual played time? If someone has seen the content 5+ times and this is just "work" to level another, then $60 is a pretty good price. So unless you can get to level 90 in less than 10 hours, you're paying Blizz to do it for less than minimum wage.

It will likely drop down in price so they can drum up sales, but as it stands so far, not worth it in my opinion. I would have done about 30, max. Leveling isn't worth 60 dollars. I think they might be testing the initial waters with it to see just how much people would pay for it. If people jump for it, it will stay, if it doesn't gather what they projected, they'll drop it just to get the bulk sales going.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    It's funny how people are getting all butt hurt about this. I guess that leveling a toon is their greatest accomplishment in game and now people can buy that. And no, leveling doesn't mean that you know how to play. If this was true than everyone would be a good player and that is not the case.
    Exactly. People are mad about how they had to level apparently lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I was thinking $55 so I wasn't far off. $60 is a fair price. Remember the prices for Blizz paid services are supposed to be barriers to prevent these features from being abused.

And remember you get one boost free.

Wow if that's true it seems a little expensive. I was expecting $40 or $45. Either way I'm happy with my 4 characters and still don't know what to use my freebie on anyway.

Wow. 60 bucks? That's... Disgusting.

I am seriously hoping that's just a placeholder in the code that people aren't supposed to be able to see.

Otherwise, whoever sat at the table in the board room and suggested a level 90 character was worth the price of a new release triple A game needs to be moved to a department where they can't cause any more damage. Like the janitorial staff.

What did people expect? You can't even change your race without dropping almost $30, why would they give you a whole 90 for less than that?

Xpac + xfer to main account would've been 65 btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Galilei View Post
    Or, i could just pick up an extra shift at work, make around 200 dollars, and come out with a profit of 140 dollars, a level 90, and 16 hours unwasted?
    and I'll be still enjoying my tea while you work extra shifts to buy that pixel instead of getting there in 3 days playing when you get home from work. That extra day you spent working is a day missed with loved ones and now you are divorced and single. Kappa

Quote Originally Posted by Voldur View Post
    I thought blizz idea was to give new players the option to jump right into action and not let them be discouraged to play from all the levelling needed. So boosted 90s means more subscriptions from people who otherwise would level their first character to level 30, see that they still needed 70 levels to go and say "screw it" and never play again.

60$ is insane, maybe a long time player will pay it but a new player who has to buy the game plus all the xpansions and on top of that 60$? No one would do it, and that means less money for blizzard.
    On the other hand, completely new players usually aren't put off by levels since, guess what...they are NEW to the content of the leveling experience! Seeing new zones, quests, creatures etc etc.

No, this feature is probably aimed for long-time players and returning players above all. It will however be interesting to see if they gather data about how many new players got in, leveled, found the button and decided to use the boost.

Deleted
    You must be a real idi ot to buy this. It is soo easy to get to the max level, its ridicolous.

I will start my paladin from 1 level instead ^_^

Good price IMO.

Some people have time and some have money (some might have both or neither). I've played since vanilla and have over the years had quite a bit of time to level and have had multiple max level toons in every version of this game other than vanilla (only my priest hit 60). Currently I have every toon maxed but a mage.

Nowadays I have more money, but less time to play. So I'd gladly pay $60 for a 90 if I needed it (but I do not).

and I'll be still enjoying my tea while you work extra shifts to buy that pixel instead of getting there in 3 days playing when you get home from work. That extra day you spent working is a day missed with loved ones and now you are divorced and single. Kappa
    Lol, so much reasonable thinking right there. How about you stop pretending to know anything about strangers and their lives and priorities?

Your way of life isn't the proper one or the way to go for everyone else. Humility teaches you that early on. Or should at least.

For example, I'd much rather be single than married (and I am). Must mean I shall consider everyone not following my way to be idiots, right? No.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2014-02-18 at 05:56 PM.

This honestly surprises me. I was expecting $40 as that's the cost of the expansion and that's what they were afraid people would be for more free 90s. This goes above and beyond that.

Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    No we do not.

Just FUCKING STOP with this bullshit.
    It's Jaylock. You're not responding to a serious suggestion.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

That's nice, its not very expensive. I guess I'll buy 3 of them right away. Thanks for the info.

You can get a 90 boost from buying the base game plus WoD. The base game usually costs $20, and WoD will cost $40. That's where they got the price.

Once those $20 and $40 numbers drop, it will be initially cheaper to just buy another copy of the game+expansion and attach to your battle.net, but then you'd need to pay an extra $25 to transfer, or you'll be forced to pay $15/month. That assumes that the 90 boost can't be separated from the WoW account it comes with, of course. If it can, this is the way to go.

They were very careful coming up with that $60 price. It's just about as high as they can go.

I already have 11 90s, so I won't even be using the free boost. But if I didn't, I would consider it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aullahh View Post
    You must be a real idi ot to buy this. It is soo easy to get to the max level, its ridicolous.
    Can't buy time.

Deleted
    Your taking my words and twisting them but if you want to spend an extra $50 for a pixel now than you can achieve for $10 in 3 days by all means go ahead. I'll be sure to buy a nice chair, some food, tea and have money left over to buy some new clothes while watching you enjoy your new level 90 pixel for $60.
    Implying people will need to make the decision between buying food and a lvl 90 in WoW. Nice. Yeah we all live on the edge like that. Any decision money-wise we make is between starvation and luxury. Get a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    We need some sort of way to see if the character has been boosted to 90 through the paid service so we know who to vote kick in our dungeons.
    That would be absolutely ridiculous.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD