Page 10 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Pretty much what was expected. I mean, server transfers for 25, faction transfers for 30...all their "services" are severely overpriced as it is.

If you don't have the time to level to 90 why are you playing a MMO to begin with? This generation is filled with a bunch of soft casuals that are willing to use their wallet to buy a shortcut. Back in my day we had to work for what we wanted and leap through the same hoops as everyone else. *waves cane in the air* Now where's my applesauce?

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    It better come with a full service thai massage, and I am not talking just a blow job at the end.
    For a $60 romp you'll get your choice of 5 STDs, too.

I'm glad I already have every class at 90.

I'd pay $100 just to avoid the boring, monotonous, slow, shitty experience that is leveling through Outland and Northrend.

15+ Year Old Account
    I will buy it, totally useful to me... Oh wait...

i'm all for the boosts being buyable. but $60? fuck that shit. they're fucking goddamn retarded.

What a waste of money!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    I actually like to level. It will be nice though that once I get to 85 I can pay not to have to play through mope.
    You are saying that you'd actually level 1-85 THEN pay 60 bucks to skip 5 levels?

60$ isn't that much, think about it like this, you buy a game on steam for 60$ play it for 11 hours and the game is up, only reason you go back is to do some achievements etc and compare that to buying a level 90 and how many hours of play that will take you, even if you don't perma play it.
    I don't agree with the gear they get, as it will basicly eliminate heroic dungeons even more then they are after timeless isle, however I understand that this late in the expansion it doesn't really matter, most people are fed up with the content and just want to do raids to pass time til wod comes, so I accept it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I live in Washington. The minimum wage here is $9.32/hour. Let's assume it takes Dude A a total of a week of larding on chair to get to 90 and plays 10 hours a day 7 days for that week. That's a total of 70 hours(most hardcore MMO players will totally play more than this). 70x$9.32=$652.4. Theoretically, Dude A missed out on that amount of production just to level to 90. If he invested in this he could save himself $592! Whoa, math is great! What would you choose?

Haha, too bad for morons that planned to boost 10 characters i guess. Sounds like a fair price to me considering the time investment needed to get to 90.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    60$ isn't that much, think about it like this, you buy a game on steam for 60$ play it for 11 hours and the game is up, only reason you go back is to do some achievements etc and compare that to buying a level 90 and how many hours of play that will take you, even if you don't perma play it.
    I don't agree with the gear they get, as it will basicly eliminate heroic dungeons even more then they are after timeless isle, however I understand that this late in the expansion it doesn't really matter, most people are fed up with the content and just want to do raids to pass time til wod comes, so I accept it.
    Joke's on you for not waiting for a Steam Sale.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i'm all for the boosts being buyable. but $60? fuck that shit. they're fucking goddamn retarded.

It's the cost of the game.

I love leveling. Have lots of max toons. However, I would consider this if I wanted to play with friends on another server or faction just so I can avoid leveling in Pandaria. Most people hate TBC and Wrath zones....not me.....I like them. I hate leveling in Pandaria.

A $60 price point gives Blizzard a lot of room to discount.

If WoW is the golden goose, this is the platinum cow because man, it's going to be milked.

Apropos, sign me up. I'm ready to run another alt in guild Flex runs now.

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    I live in Washington. The minimum wage here is $9.32/hour. Let's assume it takes Dude A a total of a week of larding on chair to get to 90 and plays 10 hours a day 7 days for that week. That's a total of 70 hours(most hardcore MMO players will totally play more than this). 70x$9.32=$652.4. Theoretically, Dude A missed out on that amount of production just to level to 90. If he invested in this he could save himself $592! Whoa, math is great! What would you choose?
    I'll assume you're not an actual working adult or you'd know its not how things work.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldNSilence View Post
    If you don't have the time to level to 90 why are you playing a MMO to begin with? This generation is filled with a bunch of soft casuals that are willing to use their wallet to buy a shortcut. Back in my day we had to work for what we wanted and leap through the same hoops as everyone else. *waves cane in the air* Now where's my applesauce?
    What do you mean, not have the time? Leveling is a fuckin' time sink -- it's not fun (to most). The content most of us are trying to get to is at level 90. Why on earth would I spend the time to level when I can pay $60 and eliminate all of the BS? It's got nothing to do with being hardcore/casual. You can be like that dick leveling to 90 on the Panda starting zone...is that hardcore or stupid?

This is a value proposition. You have to decide whether or not it's for you. My free time not leveling another toon from 1-90 is worth way more than $60 to me in a game I actually want to play.

Until blizzard officially says what the price is - i would not take anything that "people saw for a few minutes" as final.

60$ sounds way way way too much, the more realistic price would be around 20$.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    I'll assume you're not an actual working adult or you'd know its not how things work.
    It's still reasonable relative to the time investment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.