Page 28 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    We could also say that the average player will spend 4 months leveling to 90. People here are not average. So that's 4 months of subscription fees.
    ^
    My friend who recently started about a month ago finally hit 85 today. I think this assumption that everyone power levels through things is kind of crazy.

Even recalling when I first played WoW I didn't get to 60 for almost if I could recall three months since I was still trying to figure out what I wanted to do. (Mind you that was Vanilla)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethality View Post
    I guess I was too subtle. It doesn't mean shit what a reporter says. What matters is the people buying (or not buying) the products. End of story.
    Of course it does. When the voting is done by *your customers* and then published on nearly every major financial investment website it does mean something. Otherwise your CEO wouldn't keep saying year after year they are striving to improve quality and bring back the EA image of the 90's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roamingstorm View Post
    Now I am not trying to poop on Blizzard parade at all on saying more money means better development and what not. I always try to look at both sides of the coin and if history has shown me anything with the gaming industry throwing tons of money at something doesn't always guarantee an amazing product.

Obviously this is Blizzard though, and their finances go to every franchise from Diablo, WoW, SC, Hearthstone, Titan, and now Heroes of the Storm. As long as they continue to make good games, which they have, I have no problem for what they do. But obviously if WoD comes out and the amount of content isn't there or something that they stated would be in the expansion isn't at launch, then I would begin to question things.
    I know people will have differing opinions, and there are optimists, pessimists, and realists. I would just rather give them the benefit of the doubt since they have already delivered on:

- nothing important gated behind dailies. In fact, they blew up the dailies hub.
    - paid boosts to 90
    - cross realm mail
    - inc player housing with mercs
    - a return to a world/time we enjoyed years ago and now get to see it pre-destruction
    - no new races or classes. A chance to finally focus on the story and not the OP FotM new class (looking at you Monks and DKs)

and the list goes on. If people want to bitch about the steak before it even comes to the table, that is their prerogative. I for one am looking forward to some great things and plan to smile the entire time after the release as people start fabricating things to bitch about

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyshade View Post
    Well, that's a wee bit expensive, not too sure if that's gonna be the final pricing tho.
    It's the cost of the battlechest and WoD minus the $25 to transfer the character to your account. Not very expensive or time consuming when you really look at it.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard deserves the money because they worked for it, it’s a product, they provided it, and they should get paid.

You do not have to use it, if you make the choice to use it then its 60 bucks, but no one is making you do that. Stop bitching about something you don’t have to use, at least they gave us the option.

So does the 90 boost in the shop come with WOD ? if not then might as well just buy WOD and get that free 90. If so then that's a pretty good price cos it means it's like $20

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    It's the cost of the battlechest and WoD minus the $25 to transfer the character to your account. Not very expensive or time consuming when you really look at it.
    True, still I think it's a tad high, I'm not sure many people would want to spend so much money on just leveling up a toon to 90 with green gear. Still, the boost to professions (if lvl 60) is a great advantage.

So does the 90 boost in the shop come with WOD ? if not then might as well just buy WOD and get that free 90. If so then that's a pretty good price cos it means it's like $20
    Yes, WoD comes with a free boost to level 90 for just one toon.

Deleted
    LOL, I was planning on buying boosts as an excuse for not paying €45 for each main (which has gear and progress 'n shit) to transfer, this is fucking insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    We could also say that the average player will spend 4 months leveling to 90. People here are not average. So that's 4 months of subscription fees.
    I'd need a recent survey that starts no earlier than the 33% exp reduction in MoP. Even without heirlooms, I'm thinking it takes about 24-30 hours total. The average player playing maybe 3 hours a day, five days a week would still only take about two weeks.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    I think the term "advantage" is subjective here I suppose, for example, is losing to a guy in world pvp that bought his gear an advantage if the guy that died had the opportunity to get the same gear, but passed up on it? What about person A that lost his spot on the roster as a dps, but the guild needs a healer, and person B purchases a lvl 90 healer and gets him to max level faster than the person A... did person B have an advantage? Would paying to power level professions be an advantage, when for the most part, people can just take a few days to obtain the mats and do it the old fashion way? Does a lvl 100 that bought the lvl 90 toon have an advantage over lowbies that he may gank, who may have put more time into their character?

It's all subjective, but I think in all of those cases you could say yes. For me personally, I just think bringing in this type of stuff to the game is just a negative thing that ultimately may lead to other bad stuff, especially if it "goes well" by blizzard's view point. I think in an MMO, things like leveling up are pretty much expected, some will think "it sucks" but at that point, why change the game to appease people that inherently don't like the MMO model?
    Well in the end it's all subjective, everyone draws their line on the p2w topic different.

You've got the example where person B effectively could take away a raidspot from another person A that would play his healer from level 1 up, this can be true sure, but in reality there is the other possibility that the guild would simply recruit the new guy they need and person A is screwed over anyway, it wouldn't matter if he got to 100 from 1 or 90.
    But on the other hand it gives our long trusted person A the possibility to consider buying the lvl 90 because he maybe wouldn't even reach max level before the next content patch because he lacks the time, but would like to fullfill the new role to support his guild.
    Really very situational and subjective yes.

Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    You get 1 free 90 boost for buying WoD.
    You can pay $60 in shop to get additional 90 boosts.
    In order to get another "free" 90 boost, you'd have to make a new account, Buy Vanilla-MoP which will eventually be $20, then buy WoD for $40, then buy a character transfer for $25. Total price of $85.

Deleted
    The blizzard stockholders will dance around the tree singing songs when they can sell insant win features for that kind of money

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    I'd need a recent survey that starts no earlier than the 33% exp reduction in MoP. Even without heirlooms, I'm thinking it takes about 24-30 hours total. The average player playing maybe 3 hours a day, five days a week would still only take about two weeks.
    It takes 2-3 days /played time for a non-DK/monk under normal circumstances to go 1-90 if you just do quests and don't spend time doing anything else.

A monk with full heirlooms+guild buff and full rested who only levels with the XP buff from the class daily can do it in a little over 1 day /played time.
    Last edited by Abysal; 2014-02-18 at 08:39 PM.

Deleted
    still not sure why people complain about a completely optional service. Prices for services are studied by marketing, if the price is too high for you then you're not the target for the service offered. If you're a person that enjoy levelling a character then you're not the target for this service.

Service is optional, one can easily do without it as anyone always did up until now.

Quote Originally Posted by Abysal View Post
    You get 1 free 90 boost for buying WoD.
    You can pay $60 in shop to get additional 90 boosts.
    In order to get another "free" 90 boost, you'd have to make a new account, Buy Vanilla-MoP which will eventually be $20, then buy WoD for $40, then buy a character transfer for $25. Total price of $85.
    Ahh ok thanks so I guess depends how cheap you can get the other games it could be cheaper. I got a bunch of Vanilla and Mop for $15 when they had sale. So just have to wait till WOD goes down in price

Deleted
    They really are greedy bastards by pricing at 60 instead of 59.99

Deleted
    Most people will drop that on booze for ONE night in a bar. I would rather invest it in a character I will spend hundreds of hours enjoying.
    Indeed. A lot of people spend the same kind of money at a bar. In a single night. Now talk about wasted money...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Indeed. A lot of people spend the same kind of money at a bar. In a single night. Now talk about wasted money...
    I see what you did there.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Yeah but can wow make ppl forget their problems for one night ?

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    LOL

They really need to rethink this. $60 and used by a few, or $20-30 and used by many. Hmm...
    The less people use this the better.

You don't want people paying to skip content in a MMORPG>

Deleted
    The one thing most people forget to acknowledge...
    12 million box sales x 60. (not including battlechests, special editions, etc) 720 mil
    2 years (24 months) of 15$ a month by an average of 9 million player subs. 3.2 billion
    Excluding the payed character transfers, faction changes etc. They made 4 billion during MoP alone.

Thats 2 billion a year they could spend on content, armor models, extra servers, new technologies, etc.
    If anything (assuming what you say is right), Blizzard should be fucking ashamed that they made Mists of Pandaria like this when they had
    4 billion to spend.