Page 33 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiana View Post
    It's not.
    But if you knew that blizzard employee gave his friend/his alt an instant boost to lvl90, how would you call him but cheater?
    The main difference between me and you is that I wouldn't give a fart in a in a high wind what a blizzard employee gives his friend or alt. Maybe the secret to your not being upset any longer is not to crusade for an end to paid level boosts, but rather to stop obsessing over what other people are doing with their time and money and game experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    And when you find yourself bored with them, and come back to WoW, you will wish you'd spent that money on a character class that you would never want to go through the pain of leveling.
    Chances are those games will last him probably 8-12 months of content. He'd not only save $180 on subscriptions not paid, but WoD would be out by then so he can just level his main from 90 to 100 and enjoy that content for however many months that lasts until he's bored with WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Then do so?
    Personally, since I've started playing WoW ~9 years ago, I didn't feel the need to buy more than maybe 4 or 5 other games...including Starcraft and Diablo - so why would I care about how many other games the same amount of money would get me elsewhere?
    Wait, so you don't go to the supermarket, pick up products and loudly announce what you'd rather buy with that same amount of money? You're really missing out, friend.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    You can get ESO for 60 $ and play for a month, just saying.
    I wouldnt play ESO even if i got it for free. Just saying!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Chances are those games will last him probably 8-12 months of content. He'd not only save $180 on subscriptions not paid, but WoD would be out by then so he can just level his main from 90 to 100 and enjoy that content for however many months that lasts
    He did not say he wouldn't also get WoD. He just said he would rather spend $60 elsewhere. We cannot assume things from the way we read them. His intent is clear. Though, had he said "No, I will unsub, buy 20 new games, and just play those", then your statement would hold true.

He did not say he wouldn't also get WoD. He just said he would rather spend $60 elsewhere. We cannot assume things from the way we read them. His intent is clear. Though, had he said "No, I will unsub, buy 20 new games, and just play those", then your statement would hold true.
    Then 8-12 months later he'd be bored of those games, and would simply buy the NEW games that come out that year that will last him another 8-12 months.

it's not that hard, really.

Oh, and please don't tell me that if I boost my bankalt priest to 90 (a class I never played) that I'd get more than an ENTIRE brand new game's worth of content out of her as opposed to simply playing my rogue?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    making it the price minus the transfer, which isn't required to play the character btw, isn't really what I would call a legitimate reason for putting it at that price point. $40, which is $10 higher than their standard character services seems like the more acceptable price point. To think that they are 'doing you a solid' is not a valid reason to over price something. That's like saying that a department store is selling a $100 pair of jeans because the cost of me buying the fabric not in bulk, plus a machine to make it, plus my man hours would equal $200...so they are totally being reasonable even though it only costs them $1.00 to make each pair.

Like I said it affects me none, so I'm not presenting these ideas as an argument 'against' it. It's just too high of a price and it doesn't make me warm and fuzzy inside like playing their games do.
    Price is subjective, it only over priced if people aren't paying for it. You might not value the service enough to pay 60$, but that doesn't make it over priced.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewhan View Post
    so much for my post saying it logically had to be less than $40 because now i can just buy battlechest for $10 and RAF myself to 85 in 24 hours real time. Who wants to spend another $50 for 5 levels.
    Yup, I'll be going with the battlechest RAF method. Pandaria isn't that evil. Plus I might be able to sell off the RAF account afterwards or give it to a friend or some shit.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Chances are those games will last him probably 8-12 months of content. He'd not only save $180 on subscriptions not paid, but WoD would be out by then so he can just level his main from 90 to 100 and enjoy that content for however many months that lasts until he's bored with WoD.
    I don't really think 60$ of steam games would last a year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    The main difference between me and you is that I wouldn't give a fart in a in a high wind what a blizzard employee gives his friend or alt. Maybe the secret to your not being upset any longer is not to crusade for an end to paid level boosts, but rather to stop obsessing over what other people are doing with their time and money and game experience.
    This is correct, but it does not work like that for multiplayer games.
    Using your logic you can meet an overpowered player in arena that will insta kill you and you just "stop obsessing over what other people are doing with their time and money and game experience".

And even in single player games a cheater is a cheater. No obsession, it's not your business really. Just if someone tells you that he managed to beat the game faster than you and when you wonder how come he tells you than he hacked his way through 90 levels out of 100, you can say "Ah, so you are a cheater!".
    It's just a word to describe curtain actions. Not a big deal.

If they offered gear, absolutely. Then I could spend more time doing the things I want to do and less time farming gear in a video game. Gear is not even the purpose of the dungeon/raid. So yeah, if they sold LFR gear, I would absolutely purchase it.
    Son, if you believe that, then you're REALLY not playing the right MMORPG.

I suggest playing others where it's about the adventure, scenery, camaraderie of people and enjoyment of the game. Warcraft's content is to push the "gotta upgrade!" mentality.

Tell me, what's the point of getting the gear in a raid then if that's not the purpose? Tell me how many people YOU believe would still raid if there was no gear that drops?

Because, son, let me point out Challenge modes and how SOOOO few people play those - and sadly the reason is because Blizz has pushed this mentality of their game to be about the gear-grind.

ROFL, 60 FUCKING DOLLARS? Thats more than what an AAA-title game cost often...

I would never have tough it could be this high, at worst 25 euro.

If anyone spends such gold on this shit they got way to much spending power for there gaming hobbies.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Because two weeks of leveling isn't worth 60 dollar to most people.
    But those two weeks of leveling is surely worth 20 dollar.
    What? You are not making any sense. A lower price point might make something seem more attractive to the customer but they will still not feel forced to buy it at the lower price as you claimed.

Again: The difference is that EA prices it as low as possible so they sell as much as possible.
    Blizzard on the other hand prices it as high as possible so not everyone will use it.

The difference shouldn't be that hard to understand.
    Again, your response in nonsensical. Blizzard have not chosen this price point for altruistic reasons they have chosen it because they believe it will make them the most money. In simplistic terms if it is less expensive the more players using the service will not result in more money and the more expensive it is the less players using the service will result in less income.

Are we having that lame attack again?
    If they were that greedy, they would have made it 20 dollar and see a gigantic profit.
    Nonsense, they would not price it at $60 if they believed that they would make more profit at $20.

No, the point is that I don't see it as 'pay to win' when you are not really getting an advantage.
    Everyone's definition of pay to win is different why do you think that yours should be the yardstick we measure pay to win by? Especially when you are quite prepared to shift the goal posts in favour of Blizzard?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In the bigger scheme of things, without the paid service, there would have been a higher cost, and bigger inconvenience to find the same end result. But, I am not out to change your mind about the sticker shock, only to demonstrate there were uglier stickers they could have used.
    Well as I stated it's nothing that will affect me personally, but I'm approaching it more from an overall effectiveness of the product. At the current price, I don't think it will have maximum penetration. Essentially I think it was poor form on their part. They certainly have more knowledge than me and think this price will earn them more in the end, but with my limited consumer knowledge of how I approach purchases and the other products in the market it seems that this is overpriced.

It really says that they know their remaining player base will pay higher price points for their product. As someone who likes a fair market for all, I don't exactly look on that knowledge favorably towards the future. In any case, until something actually affects my game (which nothing in their store has ever) then I personally don't care what they offer or how expensive it is. I do think they need some rewards for loyal customers, but we've talked about that before.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    good troll attempt since they are not up yet, infact the entire battle.net is down for all game clients just as we speak. so good troll attempt.
    Well, this is awkward.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    $60 to save 150 hours is overpriced? Is your time not even worth 40 cents an hour? If that's the case I have some sweatshops you can apply to.
    If 150 hours of product that is supposed to provide enjoyment is not worth playing then why is it worth paying for? Let alone paying a $60 premium not to play it?

$60? No thanks, I'll go buy a game I will actually enjoy for that much money.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Price is subjective, it only over priced if people aren't paying for it. You might not value the service enough to pay 60$, but that doesn't make it over priced.
    If you actually followed my posts on the matter, though admittedly hard in such a thread, it's actually not 'only over priced if people aren't paying for it'. Something is over priced when it exceeds the typical market price of the same goods relative to the value. Personal value is debatable. Value in the scheme of similar offerings (account services) is not debatable. They may be the first to provide this specific service, but it's not incomparable to all account services. Some of which, I might add, are free of charge in other MMOs.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Paying the full price of a brand new game to not play a game you pay a sub for.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I don't really think 60$ of steam games would last a year.
    When he suggested sales, yes they would. Hell man, they had Witcher 2 for 6 bucks during one of those sales. That's less than the price of a movie ticket!