Page 47 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    60 dollars is way too fucking expensive. You might as well just buy the whole game and level for that price since it barely takes any time. 25 dollars is where it should be. Being over 40 doesn't make any sense at all though. People can just buy the expansion over and over and merge accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by therayeffect View Post
    60 dollars is way too fucking expensive. You might as well just buy the whole game and level for that price since it barely takes any time. 25 dollars is where it should be. Being over 40 doesn't make any sense at all though. People can just buy the expansion over and over and merge accounts.
    5-6 days of grinding extremely boring and horrendous content is worth well over 60 dollars of my time, personally.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    5-6 days of grinding extremely boring and horrendous content is worth well over 60 dollars of my time, personally.
    It's like 12 hours... but you can just buy the expansion and get another free one for 40? It makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    But considering this $60 price is likely fixed whereas over time and with various deals that $100 could come down, they would want to go lower just to be on the safe side anyway.
    I'm sure they'll offer sales on 90 boosts from time to time, considering that they have started to offer sales on other character services.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I'm sure they'll offer sales on 90 boosts from time to time, considering that they have started to offer sales on other character services.
    Maybe. There was only one sale on character services that I remember.

And oh lord the QQ about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixxiom View Post
    You must be new.
    If anyone is new it is you. NOTHING about the leveling experience teaches you about rotations and cooldowns and avoiding stuff on the ground etc...
    Especially questing, you use 3 spells (or less) to kill a mob and move to the next one.

And low level dungeons have so few hazards in them these days, and healers are so OP at low levels, that you can just stand in EVERYTHING and not die and win in 2 seconds.

Barely takes any time? I've leveled 21 toons by all kinds of methods. They all take a long time. You can only do it fast if you can sit and grind for hours on end without getting horribly bored.

I have several 86s that I've put off levelling to 90 for months because I get too bored running the same dungeons 20 times in a row.

Anyway it's not supposed to be so cheap that buying a toon instead of levelling is a no-brainer.

It's like 12 hours... but you can just buy the expansion and get another free one for 40? It makes no sense.
    If you stream 1-90 in 12 hours solo without RAF, I'd be surprised. Hell, I'll buy you a 90.

It can't be done and you're a liar. Stop using dodgy anecdotal data to back up your even less logical arguments.

Good price in my opinion.

If you got a job and some other stuff going on in your life AND you want to play WoW as a different class.... -> you can.

And if you don't have a job... well then you have time to level one yourself.

cheaper to RaF yourself, doesn't take that long, you get like 3-5 levels per instance.

Deleted
    I honestly dont see why i should buy this service.

I actually enjoy leveling my characters.

The only problem is people abusing it to FOTM then again they will have no knowledge on how to play the class properly and get fucked sideways because they havent the faintest idea how to play the class they just boosted all the way to 90.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't believe what WoW has become. Evidently me unsubbing after the WoD announcement is among the best decisions I've ever made in my life. TESO can't come soon enough.

I'm absolutely shocked how many people are OK with the idea of paying to skip content in the game, but aren't OK that it's expensive. This community is a completely different one then when I joined the game in 2005.

I don't care if this costed $1, $1 million dollars, or was free. You should never - ever - be able to skip content in an RPG game, let alone for money. This point blank should not even be available.

This admits multiple things to an MMO player such as myself. 1) Game is dying 2) leveling isnt fun and they dont have any intent on fixing it 3) the game is completely raid centric now (PvP lololol) 4)they know they're going to lose more subs and are trying to make up for lost ground 5) most importantly, they've run out of ideas on how to fix the game and are praying on addicts to keep them afloat

What makes this any different from an MMO F2P like LOTRO? They have microtransactions for everything short of gear now in the game. Subs, pets, mounts, leveling boosts, RaF feature, character transfers, guild transfers, faction changes, expansions, gender changes, name changes, vanity gear... literally the only thing missing now is gear. Also, I should add you can't buy gear in LOTRO either.

My logical conclusion says WoW is going F2P in the very near future. They have all the systems in place to seamlessly transition at this point. I know the devs said they never would, but they also said that leveling is an important part of the WoW experience... evidently not.

This is the nail in the coffin for me never returning. I cannot and willnot play a game where you remove half of what it is for a fee. Blizzard has become a shadow of its former self. Legacy of the Void will be the last Blizzard game I buy before they become a complete corporate clone of EA. Further proof that things can become so big that they destroy themselves.

And for you flaming WoW fanboys who are sure hate on me/TESO go for it - you're the kind of people I don't want in that game anyway. I'd prefer you stay in WoW and pay for your subscription and your paygates at the same time. Please don't come ruin my MMO - stay in yours.
    Last edited by The Iron Fist; 2014-02-19 at 03:28 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lol 60 bucks thats hilarious i cant stop laughing i might suffocate this is the most outrageous thing ive ever seen in my entire life who in their right mind would ever pay that much????

Quote Originally Posted by valentine1 View Post
    If you stream 1-90 in 12 hours solo without RAF, I'd be surprised. Hell, I'll buy you a 90.

It can't be done and you're a liar. Stop using dodgy anecdotal data to back up your even less logical arguments.
    Whoa there buddy, I said 'it's like 12 hours' Sure that's a bit low for nonRAF but you can do near that with help. Sure the amount of effort is unreasonable but the amount of time needed to level is paltry. While I hate leveling as much as the next guy, charging for 50% MORE than the expansion costs just makes it sound like they're trying to get people to buy multiple copies of the expansion so they can say 'it sold so many more than the last one!!!11!' even though they'll probably not have that many new subscribers.

Deleted
    I disagree with this service since it doesn't allow you to full learn your class. I don't see the issue with leveling? Isn't that what an MMO is all about? Rolling a class not having a clue, getting ganked, running dungeons and experiencing the game? All this instant 90 will do to the game is leave people bored afk in their main city waiting for dungeon queues (which is pretty much what we do now anyway but even more so after this idea). Also... what on Earth is that price? you're charging the players who have been subscribed to this game for YEARS stupid prices for an instant 90. Personally I think this will really ruin the game, it'll tempt new players to buy an instant 90 and not have a single idea how to play their class and not perform 110% in raids or dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't even live in-game so how do you know it's the actual price? I just logged in and I don't see it anywhere. They were probably just messing with it and accidentally turned it on to see our reactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulravager View Post
    I honestly dont see why i should buy this service.

I actually enjoy leveling my characters.
    Then...

it's...

not aimed at you...

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    I can't believe what WoW has become. Evidently me unsubbing after the WoD announcement is among the best decisions I've ever made in my life. TESO can't come soon enough.
    I don't think any decision I have ever made in relation to a video game could even crack the top 100 best decisions I have ever made. Interesting...

I'm absolutely shocked how many people are OK with the idea of paying to skip content in the game, but aren't OK that it's expensive. This community is a completely different one then when I joined the game in 2005.
    Who's arguing with you about that? No-one.

I don't care if this costed $1, $1 million dollars, or was free. You should never - ever - be able to skip content in an RPG game, let alone for money. This point blank should not even be available.
    I'm sorry they took you out too early, Neo. Welcome to the real world where money wins.

This admits multiple things to an MMO player such as myself. 1) Game is dying 2) leveling isnt fun and they dont have any intent on fixing it 3) the game is completely raid centric now (PvP lololol) 4)they know they're going to lose more subs and are trying to make up for lost ground 5) most importantly, they've run out of ideas on how to fix the game and are praying on addicts to keep them afloat.
    Or, like all product designers, have realised that there is an end date for their product. As business owners they'd like to prolong that. Perhaps they've just run out of ideas that you like, which, when reading your post for the first time, made me consider that I am glad we don't like the same things.

What makes this any different from an MMO F2P like LOTRO? They have microtransactions for everything short of gear now in the game. Subs, pets, mounts, leveling boosts, RaF feature, character transfers, guild transfers, faction changes, expansions, gender changes, name changes, vanity gear... literally the only thing missing now is gear. Also, I should add you can't buy gear in LOTRO either.
    What makes it different? The fact that there aren't microtransactions for everything in WoW. I would have thought that rather obvious.

My logical conclusion says WoW is going F2P in the very near future. They have all the systems in place to seamlessly transition at this point. I know the devs said they never would, but they also said that leveling is an important part of the WoW experience... evidently not.
    It's lucky it's just you who relies on your logical conclusions, because if you were in charge of anything remotely important, it would likely be in shambles.

And for you flaming WoW fanboys who are sure hate on me/TESO go for it - you're the kind of people I don't want in that game anyway. I'd prefer you stay in WoW and pay for your subscription and your paygates at the same time. Please don't come ruin my MMO - stay in yours.
    I feed on your hate.

It is curious that you've unsubscribed yet still frequent the forums...

Whoa there buddy, I said 'it's like 12 hours' Sure that's a bit low for nonRAF but you can do near that with help. Sure the amount of effort is unreasonable but the amount of time needed to level is paltry. While I hate leveling as much as the next guy, charging for 50% MORE than the expansion costs just makes it sound like they're trying to get people to buy multiple copies of the expansion so they can say 'it sold so many more than the last one!!!11!' even though they'll probably not have that many new subscribers.
    You realise that by selling 90s on the store they are REDUCING the number of copies of WoD that will be sold because if they didn't some people would buy copies just for the free 90.

When you take WoD, battlechest, 1 month of sub (which IIRC you need in order to add an expansion) and a character transfer back to your main account the cost of a 90 via that way is about $100 or so.

Ah I see Blizzard's strategy.

1. Strip leveling of all interest and fun.
    2. Charge the earth to skip the process.
    3. Ordinarily this stage would be some mysterious link between stage 2. and 4. But in this case there is no mystery so we can go straight to:
    4. Profit.