Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    That's because it's kind of ridiculous to expect anything in an online game to have "prestige" or "meaning." I know, I know... you're out saving the world ... of warcraft. The widows and orphans you're helping in the game aren't real. The evil horde warchief isn't real. These "challenge modes" aren't actually challenging. They require persistence and maybe a little study. Your in-game achievements aren't actually achievements. More often than not you don't even realize they exist until the achievement message pops up on your screen. If you want prestige and meaning I suggest you seek them outside of a video game.
    People can find pride and achievement in playing a game well whether you like it or not.

I find joy and pride in real life too, that doesn't stop me being happy and proud of what i achieved inside games, because i'm not that insecure

Atleast those things remain Awesuuuum.
    Think i spend 30 days played in ZG farming the mounts, never got any.
    I dont mind they are non-optainable anymore, thats what makes them so damn awesome naow!...
    Everytime i see some guy with ashbringer i drool aswell!. And i think hes a bastard for having it!
    But id rather see him be a special snowflake, then any mr. random can get the same stuff for no effort. Aka random drops in a bag.
    Thats just me, as far as im concerned this game needs more uniqueness & diversity.

About challenge mode gear, i dont really care. Even though its weird they are removing that idd.

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    People can find pride and achievement in playing a game well whether you like it or not.
    It doesn't have anything to do with what I like or don't like. You're just destined for disappointment because a game isn't real. Every time a new expansion comes out your "achievements" are going to be trivialized and then you'll see many threads like these crying over what Blizzard does and doesn't want to do in their world. You can be proud of your in-game "accomplishments," and I'm definitely not going to begrudge you that. I'm just saying that too many players fail to understand in-game accomplishments for what they are: virtual. They can be snatched away at a moments' notice and there's really nothing you can do about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    It doesn't have anything to do with what I like or don't like. You're just destined for disappointment because a game isn't real. Every time a new expansion comes out your "achievements" are going to be trivialized and then you'll see many threads like these crying over what Blizzard does and doesn't want to do in their world. You can be proud of your in-game "accomplishments," and I'm definitely not going to begrudge you that. I'm just saying that too many players fail to understand in-game accomplishments for what they are: virtual. They can be snatched away at a moments' notice and there's really nothing you can do about it.
    Yes we can.

We can go to forums and say we're not happy with such things losing prestige and meaning and how everything shouldn't always be available for everybody as it's bad for the game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholydevil View Post
    Does this mean they should consider putting all glad mounts back into the game in some capacity? That even sounds like a terrible idea typing it out but yet you are asking for the PvE equivalent of that.
    Aren't gladiator mounts like 0.1% of arena? That's thousands+ of times more rare than anything PVE. Not to mention that the closest PVE equivalent are the heroic Cutting Edge achievements, which even so are a lot more common than gladiator ones. You have no point here.

Also quoting my own post from yet another thread on topic:
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    They could've just made it harder instead of removing content.
    I'm pissed because I have (and have had since Sept '13) no reason to play for at the moment, but maybe in a year or 10 I might, (and as a somewhat achievement collector) so I don't like missing out on content, a la protodrakes for example. This is one instance where they could've actually done something about it for a change, instead of just scrubbing it and calling it a FoS and a day.
    Last edited by Vargur; 2014-02-18 at 10:39 PM.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Yes we can.

We can go to forums and say we're not happy with such things losing prestige and meaning and how everything shouldn't always be available for everybody as it's bad for the game
    If that makes you feel better go ahead, but I think you're overestimating the impact of that on Blizzard's actions. The majority of players in the game know better than to tie "prestige" to in-game achievements. Look at Preach's video and consider how many more views it's gotten than your posts have. Notice that LFR is still in the game. Yes, you can complain on the forums, but are you actually doing anything about Blizzard's ability to demote all your achievements to feats of strength or reskin your legendary weapon as a pogo stick? No. You can't do anything about that. You may perceive complaining as doing something about it, but Blizzard is not a democracy; it's a business. Buy out the majority of Blizzard's stock, and then maybe you can do something about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

Deleted
    Please stop complaining because you're not good enough at the game to get certain content.
    Its like going up to a hooker, wanting to have sex with her, but you can't afford it.
    Do you realize how stupid you look?

Deleted
    thanks god they're removing challenge modes, monk set is so ugly i have to lie to my friends so i dont need to help them with challenge modes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozziee View Post
    This.

It took less than 6 hours for a group like ours to do all Gold, and none of us had any major experience with challenge modes except maybe some videos of the world best runs. Of course it helps to have a disc and a brewmaster monk in the group, at least it's faster and makes it somewhat easier
    Grats, I used 4 hours to make a group, then the healer's connection died and we didn't find a replacement.
    Now my guildies log out if i mention challenge modes

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkie View Post
    I dont mind they are non-optainable anymore, thats what makes them so damn awesome naow!...
    Everytime i see some guy with ashbringer i drool aswell!. And i think hes a bastard for having it!
    But id rather see him be a special snowflake, then any mr. random can get the same stuff for no effort. Aka random drops in a bag.
    Thats just me, as far as im concerned this game needs more uniqueness & diversity.

About challenge mode gear, i dont really care. Even though its weird they are removing that idd.
    Because its impossible to add something challenging for it, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delion View Post
    Please stop complaining because you're not good enough at the game to get certain content.
    Its like going up to a hooker, wanting to have sex with her, but you can't afford it.
    Do you realize how stupid you look?
    ^ What about the people that are only started playing, or the ones that will start playing years from now?
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delion View Post
    Better be good at running then at least, huh?

10+ Year Old Account
    Spare me. When I was a boy, if you wanted something shiny, you put in the effort, got better at it, and earned the reward.

The key words being "want", "effort", "better" and "reward".

If you miss out on something due to whatever reasoning you might have, so what? There'll always be new shinies for you to attain, provided you put in the aforementioned effort.

What's wrong with people who put the effort back then to earn rare rewards having something to show for it? I missed the Black/Plagued protodrakes due to taking a break from WoW at the time, and sure, it's annoying, but hey, I didn't put in the effort when it was relevant, so I acknowledge the effort of those who DID put in the effort - their shiny, rare mounts.

To an extent, I think they've gone way TOO far in making more rare mounts accessible.

The first example would have to be the Winterspring Frostsaber. In early WoW, if you saw someone with this mount, your first reaction would always be, "They have no life. Absolutely no life". It was a COLOSSAL time investment. Later on in TBC, with War Bears, you saw someone with the mount, you thought, 'Cool, nice mount - I'd love to earn it myself!" And you could. It wasn't a difficult mount to earn. Same with the ones in WotLK - they were cool mounts, required a modicum of effort, and once you had them, they were yours, a token of the effort you put in at the time.

Except then they weren't - Blizzard allowed anyone to go back and get them at any time, even though they require around zero effort at present. You may think that's great and all, but it DOES kinda detract from the excitement of earning them when they're actually a challenge. It really did encourage people to stick together and work through difficult bosses, knowing there'd be a shiny, permanent token of their effort at the end, that they'd keep for the rest of WoW, that'd signify that they put in the effort in that CURRENT tier to earn the CURRENT reward.

Nowadays, most of that's gone, and that's a shame, in my opinion. Which is why I'm supremely glad that CM mounts etc are to be gone, owned only by those who COMPLETED THE CHALLENGE.

It's not a difficult concept to understand. Put the effort/skill in, and you're receive your rewards. Comprendez-vous?

They should just make it still available from MoP dungeons. Calculate how much stronger %wise people will be in WoD gear and just tune up or down the MoP dungeons to fit the change in difficulty. There's no legit reason for removing it other than people who have the gear wanting to be special snowflakes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    They should just make it still available from MoP dungeons. Calculate how much stronger %wise people will be in WoD gear and just tune up or down the MoP dungeons to fit the change in difficulty. There's no legit reason for removing it other than people who have the gear wanting to be special snowflakes.
    Getting sick of this braindead argument.

How is keeping rewards relevant in relation to their challenge factor "wanting to be special snowflakes"?

More to the point, what is wrong with, in a video game, people gaining relevant rewards for their accomplishments?

If you want the same reward, DO THE DAMN CONTENT WHEN IT'S RELEVANT. What do you expect? Everyone receiving the exact same rewards for doing virtually nothing in exchange?

As Blizzard have quite explicitly said, the challenge will NOT be the same once the changes hit - the reward for completing the CMs in their PRESENT tuning is a shiny mount and shiny gear - so... drumroll... DO THE CONTENT. And you'll get your shiny pixels.

TL;DR - people AGAINST rewarding skilled play is fucking ridiculous. It really is.

Then you haven't read the explanations posted repeatedly throughout this thread. Pro tip: It's nothing to do with higher stats but rather more of them and different ways classes will behave after the expansion lands.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkie View Post

I feel the exact same way.

I wish I would have got the Corrupted Ashbringer while I still could, but it's still cool to see someone who has it, way it would not be the same if anyone could still get it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanos27 View Post
    So if I just picked up some timeless isle gear and use that it would suffice?
    Do not use timeless isle gear. Some of the best gear you can obtain for challenge modes is from ToT(normal, lfr or hc doesnt matter). What matters is that they have a lot of gem slots and they do not scale down gems.

That being said though i have run a fair share of them now and this is what i can say. Find yourself a few mates who dont suck(it is a mmo, do not expect to succeed without having some contacts). Get a hold of some invis pots and then start practising. There is a lot of guides on challenge modes that can help you out.

The most important think you can get a hold of is one strong single target nuker, and preferebly 2 strong cleavers. Couple that with some heavy cc(stuns, aoe silence, so on) and a good healer who doesnt just react, but pre-act and you have a good chance. Maybe start with the scarlet monestary dungeons and scholomance. Gl HF

Oh and i fully support them being removed and new challenge modes being introduced in WoD. After all whats the point of having worked hard for something if someone else can come achieve it easily

Deleted
    You are the special snowflake that thinks is entitled to all the content without even work for it.
    You are the cancer for the lack of immersion in this game.

Little baby whiners:
    "Uahh epics! plz epics Blizzard! Uahhh! PLZ give me epics without effort! uahhhhhh" cry cry

(sorry I hate this thread so much, you have no idea)

I did mine on my Ele shammy in 3 days with a random guys from OpenRaid.
    First day took us 3h to get Brewery, on the next day i did 3 more, and on the last day i did the last 5.
    So get flasks/pots/food/invi pots, and watch up the movies, and aint remotly hard.

P.s.: After we did Brewery first, everything after seemd like a faceroll.
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    The day the Mythic Progression Thread isn't 95% trolling is the day Prime comes back to power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just don't slack when the content is there for everyone, if u don't get it in that time dont whine to blizzard that you didn't do it at the right time.
    That's like saying give us 5.3 back for the Feats of Strength the hordebreaker because you forgot to do it.

Just don't slack and do it.

Blizzard is doing a great job removing CM Gold rewards for the pple who actually did them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?