Page 43 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TanksBosses View Post
    It's a part of the game tho. If you don't like that part don't do it. I'm sure you have plenty of 90's, they are giving you a free one with WoD, why do you need more cheap ones?

On a side note I would GLADLY pay 60 "to save me two gruling days of boring stuff just to see the new content" if I hated that much.

I also find it funny that before the boost to 90 BARELY anyone complained about the actually process of getting a new character to 90. Actually people would often make reference to how easy it is, and how your stupid if you can't do it in like 20 hours. Buck up and pay if you don't feel like doing a couple days of something 'easy'
    I agree. I have been exploiting every alternative. I leveled my shaman and mage to 90 using only pet battles. My Druid was all quests, my DK was all dungeons, and my Paladin was all pvp. After 7 years it is growing more and more difficult to try or play new classes without having to take that long trek to 90. Now, if I feel the urge to play a lock, I spend $60 and give it a whirl. I like having this as an OPTION. Should I ever decide to quest again, I know they will still be there waiting for me.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Most would rathe spend that money on a brand new game that provides 40+ hours of NEW content vs using it to save two whole days of leveling.

People who buy this are the kind of people credit card companies love :P
    1. But most active WoW players consider the adventures in Azeroth as the only valid game available in the long run.

2. Spending 60 dollars on game boxes for 15 hours of play (if that much) is probably the rule in gaming land these days. So what's the fuzz?

And so starting with a free lvl 90 in a "brand new" WoW continent is terrific. Getting a second character for 60 dollars to that point is probably worth it for some compared to the many unopened game boxes they already have at home.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2014-02-19 at 03:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    It gave them a better idea of how to play than a freshly spawned 90 thats for sure.
    I would imagine people said the same thing about instant 80s in Cata thanks to the Scroll of Res. "Hey! You can't learn how to play in just 5 levels! You should be kicked out of all raids for being a noob!" Please don't quote me, but I am guessing people with instant 80s were likely not ostracized by those at lvl 85.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like the instant 90's are going to lead to human cloning. You're not a real boy, Jimmy. You're just a clone. Sure you can talk and eat and pee in a toilet, but you aren't real. You don't know how to live life. How dare you breathe my air.
    BAD WOLF

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    lol :P

but paying $60 to skip... 4 expansions worth of content you already payed for just seems silly to me. Even if it is something you have done to death.
    If it's your 5th character who cares? You've already seen and experienced the content already. I just did dungeons and pvp only on my monk to 85. Not one single piece of old content is interesting to me after 9 years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    I would imagine people said the same thing about instant 80s in Cata thanks to the Scroll of Res. "Hey! You can't learn how to play in just 5 levels! You should be kicked out of all raids for being a noob!"
    Shhh, people like to "forget" the Insta boost provided by the SoR when it comes to arguing against the boosts.

Deleted
    I agree. I have been exploiting every alternative. I leveled my shaman and mage to 90 using only pet battles. My Druid was all quests, my DK was all dungeons, and my Paladin was all pvp. After 7 years it is growing more and more difficult to try or play new classes without having to take that long trek to 90. Now, if I feel the urge to play a lock, I spend $60 and give it a whirl. I like having this as an OPTION. Should I ever decide to quest again, I know they will still be there waiting for me.
    Or you could just try a level 90 lock on PTR and if you thoroughly enjoy it, shell out the 60.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goretex View Post
    I know, it's just stupid to me how people would pay that much to instant 90 lol, It's pathetic.
    Glad to know you're the authority on how people spend their money. Spending $60 on a video game is trivial to many people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamacus View Post
    Done this crap at least six times already and it is a pain and pretty much pointless. Guess I have some grinding to do because I am not paying sixty bucks but not sure I can stomach it anymore. Thanks for nothing Blizz!
    So how many members of your family does blizzard have hostage? No?
    What about pets? Hummmm not pets either.
    OK they must have some pictures of you in an embarrassing situation? No as well....

How strange, I can't imagine how they're forcing you to continue to do something you don't like over and over again, unless, your doing it yourself?!?

I mean that can't be the case can it, because then trying to blame anyone but yourself for your own choices would be especially dumb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goretex View Post
    I know, it's just stupid to me how people would pay that much to instant 90 lol, It's pathetic.
    I make that much money in 90 minutes. However, it takes more than 90 minutes to level from 1-90, and I have to go through the same tired and worn out lore jacked questing. Or pet battle, or dungeons, or pvp (which is broken til 90 anyway). Maybe, you could open your eyes to the fact that time is money and $60 vs 2 days of level = convenience for some of us.

10+ Year Old Account
    I make that much money in 90 minutes. However, it takes more than 90 minutes to level from 1-90, and I have to go through the same tired and worn out lore jacked questing. Or pet battle, or dungeons, or pvp (which is broken til 90 anyway). Maybe, you could open your eyes to the fact that time is money and $60 vs 2 days of level = convenience for some of us.
    If you don't enjoy playing the game (which includes leveling) then why are you playing it?

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    If you don't enjoy playing the game (which includes leveling) then why are you playing it?
    Maybe he enjoys end game content ? Maybe he dislikes leveling and can afford to skip it ?

I enjoy some parts of it, I don't enjoy others. Leveling is not one of the things I enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love collecting pets, running LFR with mates, trying flex with the guild, my guildies, my blingtron, my farm at halfhill, my shadowpan dailies, my cooking dailies in Northrend and Outland. I play because I love the freedom and adventure of being lvl 90. Doing the same low level stuff over and over just trying to get to 90 is boring as hell. For me, the bulk of the game, and my enjoyment of it rests at lvl cap.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderTaco View Post
    Maybe he enjoys end game content ? Maybe he dislikes leveling and can afford to skip it ?
    Precisely this. I make $60 in 90 minutes. I cannot level from 1-90 in 90 minutes. It is a convenience fee I am willing to pay.

Deleted
    It's almost humorous how some posters lack basic logic. They attack you by saying "stop crying, you are not affected if you don't pay for it" and they don't even see the irony hitting their skull with a sledgehammer:

It affects me because this is a multiplayer game, we are supposed to be on equal starting ground in a virtual world. If your rich daddy pays for you to violate the basic rules of the game then it's over.

I get their desperation for money though. The game is statistically dying. Google Trends consistently shows on it that the "Bell Curve" (for those that know statistics, the Normal Distribution) of its popularity clearly shows that it is at its dying end.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FemaleGoblinMage View Post
    It affects me because this is a multiplayer game, we are supposed to be on equal starting ground in a virtual world. If your rich daddy pays for you to violate the basic rules of the game then it's over.
    Please elaborate on how this affects you specifically. What does this prevent or alter in regards to your personal gameplay? To be honest, the only thing I can see being affected is lower level queue times being increased with higher level queue times being potentially decreased. Otherwise this doesn't affect you, but your 'feels' affects you.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    I enjoy some parts of it, I don't enjoy others. Leveling is not one of the things I enjoy.
    I agree completely with this statement. There are so many things to enjoy. Leveling... not-so-much... at least not after 7 years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderTaco View Post
    Maybe he enjoys end game content ?
    It really strikes me how some people here seem to be unable to understand that leveling is only a small part of the game by now. It's perfectly possible to enjoy a part of the game, but not another - aka the endgame, but not the leveling.

Either that, or they deliberately ignore it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FemaleGoblinMage View Post
    I've paid my own way my entire life. Not sure why you are so threatened with someone using something the equivalent of RaF or SoR to catch up. LvL 100 will be end game. Someone getting a lvl 90 is hardly a threat. I make $60 in 90 minutes. I cannot level a new character in 90 minutes. This is a convenience which I am happy to pay for. Also, EVERYONE is getting a 90 in WoD, including you.

Deleted
    Precisely this. I make $60 in 90 minutes. I cannot level from 1-90 in 90 minutes. It is a convenience fee I am willing to pay.

So much /facepalm. If I had $1 for each time someone said "I would pay Blizzard to give me something that costs them practically 0.000000000001 in electricity" subsequently followed by them bragging how many $$ dollars they make per hour (so they are so successful), I would make way more than $60 per 90 minutes.

It's clear some of those posters are Blizzard, and some others are a minority that can not keep this game going.

The alternative is the game goes to a state of a couple of thousand subscribers paying blindly for anything.