Page 26 of 79 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Refridge View Post
    I am mad I can't afford it. I'm a more than competent player, who enjoys raiding and end-game content, but not leveling. I sincerely don't enjoy leveling. Been doing it for almost a decade now. I enjoy challenge modes and heroic raiding, and the leveling process, with my school and work schedule, and main raiding schedule, is prohibitive. The ability to skip content, that I've already done about 7 times, to get to content I actually enjoy, that's what I'm paying for, and the prohibitive price will limit my boosting experience to just the one free boost. (free, lol) Had the price been in line with most of their other character options, i.e. 25$, I would've purchased two, and I think that situation is gonna play out for lots of people.

There's a difference between this and all of the other character services: this one has no restrictions and no cooldowns on how many times you can use it.

Thus the price. It's to prevent abuse.
    "When you've got to get down, but can't find the elevator, you have to do it any way you can. Even if it's with a shovel."- Dark Tower II: Drawing of the Three, Stephen King
    Juju's kgpanels: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/jujus-kgpanels Juju's blog: http://mouthygoblin.weebly.com/jujus-blog.html#/

Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
    Indeed. I'm enthralled with the idea of buying my way to endgame, and even more so with the idea of getting some Starter Raid Gear for cash.

I don't have 'time' to grind out another alt to 90 and I'm glad to see that Blizzard agrees that time=money. I also don't have time to grind out gear to get into Raiding with, so let me buy that, too. Time=money, after all.
    This.

I'm so excited to play with the high quality individuals who didn't have the patience to actually level their character. The quality of LFR will surely improve with less practice, right?

Blizzard is right in fostering an ecosystem where you can try less, pay more and stand on the same ground.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's reasonable I think, If they set it too low, say in the $35 range it you would see a lot more. As it is I might buy one so I can finally level a rogue or a mage. (warlock is getting my free one)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by brirrspliff View Post
    i think it should have been around the $600 mark.
    At $600, people would still rather spend $75 for some illegal service to take it from 1-90. A service that also likely sells gold. Gold which is likely obtained by account hacking. By making this completely optional service available, they are essentially cutting the gold farmers business by HALF.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Refridge View Post
    I am mad I can't afford it.
    Other things which cost $60:

- A carton of smokes
    - A night at the bar
    - Fast food 6 days in a row
    - A small bag of recreational glaucoma medicine

and the list goes on. $60 is a small price in the grand scheme of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Warfare View Post
    But whats next? Buying Achievements/Gear/professions. Whats the point of an MMO if you can buy your way to the finish.
    Comments like this are annoying. This game has tremendous amount of content. That being said, there's going to be five expansions added to the original game. I think it is a great move by blizzard to incorporate a free character boost to 90 with buying this xpack. It's a daunting task to go from 1 to 90 for a new player, even with all the changes to leveling to make it go by faster. If you only play 2-3 hours a night it will take you about a month or two if you do that consistently. On that note, that's 30 dollars worth if you get your character to 90 in two month. It doesn't seem like a bad idea to just buy a 90 for only 60 dollars. So anyone that has lagged behind and hasn't played the last two expansions or more really has a negative effect in coming back.They have to level up their existing character just to play end game. Including a 90 level character with this xpack will be best for this game. It will have existing/new players being introduced to the game which will definitely being some life back into WoW imo.

On a side note, i definitely think everyone should at least experience the 1-100 trek sometime in their WoW career.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The game has? Because last time I check the 1-90 leveling isn't difficult, hard, challenging, or bad. So where has the game created the demand for boosts?

- - - Updated - - -

And the boost is for WoD, which is why it goes to 90, which is the equivalent of 85 today.
    If it hasn't created the need, why does it exist?

It's about 60 hours to go from 1-90 currently, with guild XP boost and heirlooms. So, $1/hour isn't all that bad really. Ask your self this, what's you time worth? mine sure as hell worth more then that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Which is laughable. The faction imbalance totally justifies a discounted rate for ALL services on Alliance (or going to Alliance). That's the only thing keeping me from changing all my 90's to Alliance.
    RealmPop US realm info page shows 52.7% Alliance versus 47% Horde. The Alliance numbers versus Horde (population-wise) for Stormrage, Darkspear, Sargeras, Kel'Thuzad and Proudmoore (among others) would all like to have a word with you on your stance.

On-topic: I'll take my one free boosted character and run with my heirlooms for all the rest of my alts. So, the price-point makes no difference to me. Anyone who does boost a character and has no real understanding of the class in question will surely show himself/herself to be a complete incompetent, and thus be added to enough ignore lists that he/she will either learn to play properly, or be left high and dry. It's simple, really.

#FlightIsImportant

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    At $600, people would still rather spend $75 for some illegal service to take it from 1-90. A service that also likely sells gold. Gold which is likely obtained by account hacking. By making this completely optional service available, they are essentially cutting the gold farmers business by HALF.

- - - Updated - - -

Other things which cost $60:

- A carton of smokes
    - A night at the bar
    - Fast food 6 days in a row
    - A small bag of recreational glaucoma medicine

and the list goes on. $60 is a small price in the grand scheme of things.
    Its a ridiculously high price. Blizzard probably pitched it high to stop over use and they know the damage to the integrity of the game this horrible feature introduces.
    To suggest this is in any way cheap shows a utterly blinkered view of this game and Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah don't work hard for anything, just get instant gratification when you want

Quote Originally Posted by Azureqt View Post
    After leveling one of every class. except a monk, leveling has lost it's shine for me. It has nothing to do with instant gratification at all. It has to do with going through all the content since vanilla on a lot of my toons, and then leveling two more during Cata to "see the exciting changes(tm). Hence, why I haven't leveled a monk yet. Personaly, I won't be or need to use this service, score the free level 90 boost for my monk, but I refuse to bitch about what others buy with their money.

The complaints that LFR will get worse because of this are bullshit. LFR is already a cesspool. Those people that prove incompetent won't be join in and normal or heroic raids anyways. So again, this is a lot of adue about nothing.

IDK I think this is a decent idea for casuals who don't got the time to go through 1-90 which is rather eh... But also a bad idea on the fact that these new random level 90s will be iffy in the dungeons and LFR lol... so prepare to get a lot of healers and tanks with out a clue to the madness...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syniax View Post
    IDK I think this is a decent idea for casuals who don't got the time to go through 1-90 which is rather eh... But also a bad idea on the fact that these new random level 90s will be iffy in the dungeons and LFR lol... so prepare to get a lot of healers and tanks with out a clue to the madness...
    SoR brought in instant lvl 80 people who then had to level to 90 just to enjoy endgame. I wonder how many of those players had no clue

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azureqt View Post
    My time is valuable. If I can save 40 hours of playtime by spending $60 and getting on with my journey to 100, I will. I am sure if you thought your time were worth something, you might see a value too.

Why is this not seen as a market strat?
    It's stupid high, then they will 50% off it mid x-pack or at a holiday and have a swell in purchases, which would of been the point to toss it out at double the price. Make you think the sale is a deal.

you are going to be much more inclined to buy it at a reduced price thinking you got a deal on it then you are at a higher one, rite?
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by brunnor View Post
    I could see this all being a "plan" to inflate sub numbers. Once WoD does come, it will be $40. Battle chest stuff is $20 when on sale. So you can get a whole new account with a new 90 on it for the same price as adding just a 90 to your current account.

I also agree with the posters who say it is a slippery slop. To me, this is P2W. Other's seem to think its not but it's really close for them. WoW is P2W in my eyes now and I'm annoyed by it. Anything that saves time in an MMORPG makes it P2W as time is the only limiting factor most of the time.
    And why is the slippery slope this boost, when RaF and the soon cloed SoR are not ?
    No, it is no such thing as that argument is obviously a lot of hot air.
    If you must call the 3rd instance of a levelling boost service the "slippery slope", then your argument has immediately failed.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2014-02-19 at 08:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    SoR brought in instant lvl 80 people who then had to level to 90 just to enjoy endgame. I wonder how many of those players had no clue

- - - Updated - - -

My time is valuable. If I can save 40 hours of playtime by spending $60 and getting on with my journey to 100, I will. I am sure if you thought your time were worth something, you might see a value too.
    If your time isn't worth putting into the game then maybe you should reconsider your priorities. Paying more to play less of a game you paying to play? Yeah, that's real genius.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    And why is the slippery slope this boost, when RaF and the soon cloed SoR are not ?
    No, it is not such thing as that argument is obviously a lot of hot air.
    If you must call the 3rd instance of a levelling boost service the "slippery slope", then your argument has immediately failed.
    Why has it immediately failed?

Quote Originally Posted by Tastyfish View Post
    Why is this not seen as a market strat?
    It's stupid high, then they will 50% off it mid x-pack or at a holiday and have a swell in purchases, which would of been the point to toss it out at double the price. Make you think the sale is a deal.

you are going to be much more inclined to buy it at a reduced price thinking you got a deal on it then you are at a higher one, rite?
    Oh yes this is def a market strat that alone is obvious... but as gamers we are not focused on the fact that blizzard will be making money off this... we already know what the actual aim is. We seen this along the road before and it shouldn't be new to anyone..... name changes...race changes.....faction changes....server transfers.... the list will keep going lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    If your time isn't worth putting into the game then maybe you should reconsider your priorities. Paying more to play less of a game you paying to play? Yeah, that's real genius.
    My time in the game is absolutely worth it... at lvl 90. I've leveled one of each class... horde AND alliance. I am looking forward to skipping the same boring ass content of the first 89 levels just to get onto Warlords of Draenor. I've leveled using only pet battles, only dungeons, only PvP, only quests, and a variety of each. I am not interested in seeing it all over and over. For the moment, I am unaffected by the need for one, I will likely buy a NEW class when it comes out. At that point, I can buy a 90, with lvl 100s waiting to become lvl 110 and still have to grind for what will likely be my 22nd time through the content just to get the new class up to snuff with all the others.

Unless I just say fuck it, and chuck it, and level 1 or 2 classes. Either way, how I spend MY money, is MY business.

Deleted
    My time in the game is absolutely worth it... at lvl 90. I've leveled one of each class... horde AND alliance. I am looking forward to skipping the same boring ass content of the first 89 levels just to get onto Warlords of Draenor. I've leveled using only pet battles, only dungeons, only PvP, only quests, and a variety of each. I am not interested in seeing it all over and over. For the moment, I am unaffected by the need for one, I will likely buy a NEW class when it comes out. At that point, I can buy a 90, with lvl 100s waiting to become lvl 110 and still have to grind for what will likely be my 22nd time through the content just to get the new class up to snuff with all the others.

Unless I just say fuck it, and chuck it, and level 1 or 2 classes. Either way, how I spend MY money, is MY business.
    Yeah and I'm sure lots of people feel the same way but haven't the money or have the sense not to purchase it. Why should you or anyone skip content everyone else has to do? Why are we creating a 2 tier system? Why are having to put up with this crap in a game that already requires a fee to play?

It this kind of pandering to the "but I haven't got time!" people that gave us LFR but this time its got a $60 fee.

Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    Yeah and I'm sure lots of people feel the same way but haven't the money or have the sense not to purchase it. Why should you or anyone skip content everyone else has to do? Why are we creating a 2 tier system? Why are having to put up with this crap in a game that already requires a fee to play?

It this kind of pandering to the "but I haven't got time!" people that gave us LFR but this time its got a $60 fee.
    And LFR fits that group perfectly. I haven't had time to raid on a set scheduled since the start of Cata, so LFR allowed me to see that content that I would have otherwise missed. Thanks to the changes in Cata to suit your mindset, people on non-top 10 servers where screwed out of any sort of raiding in Cata until DS was released because there were no pugs running stuff like there was in Wrath, or even BC for that matter.

No here's a serious question to you Nigel. How does this affect your game play in any way?