Quote Originally Posted by Theatre View Post
    Is it just me, or has the fem orc lost her badonkadonk?
    She seems to have quite a shapely ass still from the side view. It is her breasts which gotten smaller.

She is also no longer puffing her chest up while holding her shoulders back.

I took this from another thread, and thought it would be appropriate to post here as well (since it applies to the subject).

I like the way this Human looks, but it's a bit too "pretty" for the stylized Human of Warcraft. You could say that the Kalecgos model took some creative influence from this art. I think the MoP cinematic captures the Warcraft Human look perfectly.

HOWEVER, there is nothing wrong with having more than one kind of skin for humans in-game (or any other race for that matter). It helps create more diversity and life to the game. You can essentially have the same base skeleton, but just give different skin and scale. Hell... The Arathi Human art and subsequently the Kalecgos model could be good templates for the look of Half-Elves/Half-Humans. That would be a good sub-race for Humans in-game. Blizz already has a skeleton built for Thrall that Orc players can use for a leaner, upright orc. There are so many possibilities.
    "Pulsars are the bulimic cosmic anomalies..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Happy how this turned out

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/pei49Kd.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/oAKI6AF.png[IMG]
    That is what I wanted...
    Thanks Shoc. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Lorewise I think there's no reason for there not to be females, probably just didn't want to make a female model.

Until this very moment it never occurred to me that the Fel Orcs in Outland are all male.
    There could be Female Fel Orcs, but we usually seen Fel Orc Males.
    I hope Blizzard adds them though.
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Phoenix View Post
    That's what I don't get. Take, for example, some of the elf races from The Elder Scrolls. You have the Aldmer (proto-Altmer/High Elves), the Altmer (modern High Elves), the Bosmer (Wood Elves), the Dunmer (Dark Elves), the Dwemer (Dwarves), and the Orsimer (Orcs). Each has a background history that distinguishes from the other...but no one complains about there being "too many elves". Whereas the mere mention of including playable High Elves in World of Warcraft has that one half going up in arms over it, saying a third elf race would be "too much" or that we "already have enough elves".

Personally I'm all for High Elves...but the only way I see that happening is if the player characters are from wherever Alleria and Turalyon are situated. Those high elves would be unaware of the changes that have occurred since Draenor's destruction, and it would be redundant on Blizzard's part to make those playable HEs start out in Dalaran (e.g. whether that character is part of the Kirin Tor as a mage or the Silver Covenant as a hunter) where they're pretty much in the know with current events.
    There's also Ayleid, Chimer, Falmer, Maormer, Lefthanded Elf, and the very few non-devolved Snow Elves. That's 12 elves total I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Phoenix View Post
    That's what I don't get. Take, for example, some of the elf races from The Elder Scrolls. You have the Aldmer (proto-Altmer/High Elves), the Altmer (modern High Elves), the Bosmer (Wood Elves), the Dunmer (Dark Elves), the Dwemer (Dwarves), and the Orsimer (Orcs). Each has a background history that distinguishes from the other...but no one complains about there being "too many elves". Whereas the mere mention of including playable High Elves in World of Warcraft has that one half going up in arms over it, saying a third elf race would be "too much" or that we "already have enough elves".

Personally I'm all for High Elves...but the only way I see that happening is if the player characters are from wherever Alleria and Turalyon are situated. Those high elves would be unaware of the changes that have occurred since Draenor's destruction, and it would be redundant on Blizzard's part to make those playable HEs start out in Dalaran (e.g. whether that character is part of the Kirin Tor as a mage or the Silver Covenant as a hunter) where they're pretty much in the know with current events.
    Yeah but that's fine, the idea of many different flavours of Elf goes all the way back to Tolkien, and I'm not very familiar with Elder Scrolls lore but all of their Elf factions have their own independent lore and origins. I'm fine with, eg, Night Elves vs. High Elves as it was pre-TFT. When TFT came out and Kael'thas led the Blood Elves, I just assumed that was all of the High Elves. What bothers me about "High Elves" (ie not including Blood) is that they aren't sufficiently distinct from Blood Elves apart from factional politics that I didn't particularly like in the first place. They're just kind of leftovers whose reason for existing I question. They don't even have a freaking NAME. High Elf encompasses Blood as well...

And it's even worse than that, there's at least 3 different kinds of BLOOD Elves alone. You've got Kael'thas' Blood Elves, the Silvermoon Blood Elves (playable) who turned against him, the Scryers who were K-T Blood Elves until Shattrath... it's a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    have fun with your ditzy vapid night elf females then, would you like them to blow bubble gum bubbles now too on top of it Maybe some braces? Some cheer leader pompoms?
    Sproinnngggggg.

Because they likely will never do that as it's not a strong enough distinction to merit a full race, but its also highly requested and desired.
    If you don't see the sense in it, I didn't think you recognized the nuance of the problem. But I think now you do see the sense in it, you just don't agree with it personally.
    Recognize is US spelling, you dirty colonial.

I do get that it's desired. To me High Elves (including Blood) are an OG Alliance race and make more sense there, they went Horde in TBC mostly for gameplay reasons rather than lore. So I actually am not against the concept, just don't think there's any way it would be possible in the context of WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Klaxxar View Post
    There could be Female Fel Orcs, but we usually seen Fel Orc Males.
    I hope Blizzard adds them though.
    Maybe when we invaded Outland they were all in the kitchen making their men Fel pies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lodovica View Post
    She seems to have quite a shapely ass still from the side view. It is her breasts which gotten smaller.
    Mmm, I dunno they've changed shape a bit and the bra sits differently. When you take the thrust of the chest and the polygonation of the old model into account I'm not convinced the size has really changed. She still looks busty in the front views.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post
    Holy crap. No need to quote the entire thing *10 years of scrolling later*

Okay. I'll ask again without a hundred images! Could we get some undead draenei mock-ups up in here?

:-P

Yeah but that's fine, the idea of many different flavours of Elf goes all the way back to Tolkien, and I'm not very familiar with Elder Scrolls lore but all of their Elf factions have their own independent lore and origins. I'm fine with, eg, Night Elves vs. High Elves as it was pre-TFT. When TFT came out and Kael'thas led the Blood Elves, I just assumed that was all of the High Elves. What bothers me about "High Elves" (ie not including Blood) is that they aren't sufficiently distinct from Blood Elves apart from factional politics that I didn't particularly like in the first place. They're just kind of leftovers whose reason for existing I question. They don't even have a freaking NAME. High Elf encompasses Blood as well...

And it's even worse than that, there's at least 3 different kinds of BLOOD Elves alone. You've got Kael'thas' Blood Elves, the Silvermoon Blood Elves (playable) who turned against him, the Scryers who were K-T Blood Elves until Shattrath... it's a mess.

Sproinnngggggg.

I do get that it's desired. To me High Elves (including Blood) are an OG Alliance race and make more sense there, they went Horde in TBC mostly for gameplay reasons rather than lore. So I actually am not against the concept, just don't think there's any way it would be possible in the context of WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe when we invaded Outland they were all in the kitchen making their men Fel pies.

- - - Updated - - -

Mmm, I dunno they've changed shape a bit and the bra sits differently. When you take the thrust of the chest and the polygonation of the old model into account I'm not convinced the size has really changed. She still looks busty in the front views.
    FREEEEDOM! KING GEORGE IS A TYRANT! FREEEEDOM! And he also did a lot for the welfare of his citizens and the mentally ill, but we filthy colonials are taught otherwise.

FREEDOM!!!!1

Taxes! Tea bagz. Colors! Gray colors? Grey colors! All Brits sound like posh London fops! Nevermind Liverpool, Yorkshire, all that jazz.

Okay, don't tell my countrymen, but I'm a bit of an anglophile, and I love the bumpkin accents of Lionhead's Fable characters. I keep forgetting which region of the UK that accent is named for, can you please tell me? Pretty please, you daft old codger?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cptaylor38 View Post
    Okay. I'll ask again without a hundred images! Could we get some undead draenei mock-ups up in here?

:-P
    Where would they come from? Did the Forsaken kidnap some somewhere in the last decade and do terrible things to them? I wonder at this desire of yours.
    Are evil demonic Eredar not enough?

The amazing thing is, as someone with a love for deconstruction, Draenei take traditional pagan iconography the Christian world made Satanic, and thus demonic, and decided, what if demons served the divine in the role of the benevolent and divine and serene? And thus we get these Hindu like beings of serenity, demonic horns and fangs, and hooves and tails and all, but softened with beauty and benign features. Even halos.

And now we've dome to a strange circle, where the demonic was made angelic, and now they are to be made horrific and ghoulish.

I actually have some old Draenei DK art somewhere, if I had my Wacom I'd whip you up something while Shoc decided if he will or not. No promises though.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Deleted
    Mostly photoshop. Select, adjust color balance or hue/saturation, copy and paste specific assets, voilà! Liquify too. Cannot forget that.

God I need a WACOM, look at how bad those prayer beads look.

- - - Updated - - -
    Hunch ruins it for me. He would look badass with proper posture, now he's just taking a dump while looking rough.

Quote Originally Posted by Zepp View Post
    Hunch ruins it for me. He would look badass with proper posture, now he's just taking a dump while looking rough.
    Have you seen my answer to this? For I HATE the HUNCH. Do not get me started. But here, if you've not seen my pontifications

It's so fucking infuriating as they lose the hunch when in combat or walking backwards or mounted.

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited by Yig; 2014-02-20 at 09:22 AM.
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Quote Originally Posted by RedFenix View Post
    I took this from another thread, and thought it would be appropriate to post here as well (since it applies to the subject).

<snip>.
    Until now I thought that was a female warrior..
    Last edited by Kaniinchen; 2014-02-20 at 11:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Okay, don't tell my countrymen, but I'm a bit of an anglophile, and I love the bumpkin accents of Lionhead's Fable characters. I keep forgetting which region of the UK that accent is named for, can you please tell me? Pretty please, you daft old codger?
    I'm not the daft old codger you were addressing ( ) but from your description it sounds like the west country (south west region of england). Somerset, Devon, Cornwall etc, that sort of area.
    Cider country! <3
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

Quote Originally Posted by Kerath View Post
    I'm not the daft old codger you were addressing ( ) but from your description it sounds like the west country (south west region of england). Somerset, Devon, Cornwall etc, that sort of area.
    Cider country! <3
    That's it! I always forget. Gratitude!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaniinchen View Post
    It is. Face, breasts etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    It is. Face, breasts etc.
    I don't see breast anywhere. And anyway, if you look at the size of the armas, the hands, legs... it is crearly more in line with their concept of male human. He hasn't got a very manly face, that's true, but he is a male.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaniinchen View Post
    Now look again to the undead buddy at the other side... look that deep expression of doubt he has: 'that's boy meat or girl meat?'

Just a visualization how I think Nightelf female could turn out in term of muscle proportion. (Yes I know its messy )
    Last edited by Hellspawn; 2014-02-20 at 04:50 PM.

I think we'll need more context to make sense of that purple girl.

Not to mention, lorewise, High Elves are functionally extinct.

I'd say the High Elven population of Azeroth is < 500 at this point, nowhere near enough to warrant being playable by players.
    very good would that put high elves subrace as blood elves and so to choose eye color when choosing the character.

Auric could be faction leader for the high elves in quelthalas, in fact already is.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    very good would that put high elves subrace as blood elves and so to choose eye color when choosing the character.

Auric could be faction leader for the high elves in quelthalas, in fact already is.
    There were a lot of highelfs in Theramore.. now probably most of them are in Dalaran.

Sproinnngggggg.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

already do not exist elves of kael, which were totally crazy and fel blood died in queldanas. the last minute remained loyalists to quelthalas today are part of quelthalas elfs and work to lorthemar (sunfurry and spellbreakers)

Happy how this turned out

Nice one Shoc.
    ( ; , , ; )