Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eranthe View Post
    you guys could like, I don't know, maybe try playing pve AND pvp and realizing that warriors were retarded to play against in any organized pvp, and realize that there aren't any easy fixes and that this was the lesser of two evils. disrupting shout has been required for exactly 1 (one) encounter since it was released and it's a pretty minor nerf.

you can just use storm bolt on the add instead of pummel if you're having trouble with garrosh intermission.
    The idea is having the ability to get 3 for the slower groups, and be honest you are never going to have people happy about a change to something for purposes that did not involve them to begin with; no matter how minor it may seem.

Deleted
    I really, really felt this change on Protector's where I'm part of the interupt rotation.

"I have first and second guys"
    *guildie goes splat*
    "Sorry forgot we got nerfed."

Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post
    Speaking on behalf on all classes, I'm really getting fed up with PvP nerfs affecting PvE
    Agreed, though also its bad that PvP gets effected by PvE as well. There needs to be more seperation of PvP and PvE mechanics.

Heck, I'd be fine with PvP balance being the 'norm' with PvE balances only coming into effect when you enter a dungeon, scenario or raid. Things like tank cooldowns being less powerful out in the world, legendaries proc less, dispells being more expensive, heals being less effective, stuff like that, whatever balances the game.

But right now this awkward middle ground with only a few seperated PvP and PvE mechanics is pretty awful for everyone.

Also, I'm still bemused that Dragon Slayer is an insult. Because it sounds like a compliment to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like this thread just keeps going in circles discussion wise. I'm still lurking it, but I think its time for me to stop.

Also, I'm still bemused that Dragon Slayer is an insult. Because it sounds like a compliment to me.
    It's not an insult but its more of a term used by "outsiders" (non raiders) to make mockery out of what pve content is while mocking the raider for enjoying the content. Most pvp players do not play games for lore so something like "dragons" sounds queer to them and they enjoy placing labels on people that enjoy content with dragons in them.

It's dumb considering most of us are queers for playing video games, but among queers their always has to be the "cooler" ones that feel the need to assert their authority at whatever chance they can get.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Distinkt View Post
    I really, really felt this change on Protector's where I'm part of the interupt rotation.

"I have first and second guys"
    *guildie goes splat*
    "Sorry forgot we got nerfed."
    ^ This
    It was a heart felt loss :/ Now, my entire Tier 3 talents are 'meh' other than Piercing Howl for Garrosh add kiting.

Celestalon tweeted that they were actually aiming for prot warriors with the nerf. https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...22693114105856

Quote Originally Posted by Celestalon
    @Tengenstein You're assuming we weren't aiming for Prot. We were.

Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    Celestalon tweeted that they were actually aiming for prot warriors with the nerf. https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...22693114105856
    Which still makes zero sense, as it effects all 3 specs and both sides of the PVE/PVP coin.

10+ Year Old Account
    But we all know that being a prot warrior gives us more responsibility to interrupt versus being DPS.
    "Don't be a dick, be a dude."
    my warrior
    [ twitter| twitch]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rystrave View Post
    But we all know that being a prot warrior gives us more responsibility to interrupt versus being DPS.
    Let us not be sarcastic... Anyhow, that whole tier will get a redesign because right now all three skills are a non factor, something a talent should not feel like. At this point, it's better to go "whateverblizz" until 6.0.

And Celestalon shouldn't have replied to that tweet. Trying to say that prot needed that nerf, so there was no need to separate it, it's trying to defend the undefendable. Minor nerf those not equal justified nerf.

Being a tank inherently puts responsibility on our shoulders, the addition of being in an interrupt rotation comes part and parcel with being one of the most important people to gear up for progression. I kinda see it as a good thing.. though some might disagree.

I definitely felt the effects of the interrupt changes on Galakras and Garrosh. We actually didn't get Garrosh 3xp3 Wipes. While my interrupts alone cannot be the sole reason, I admit I'd rather have lost the charge stun.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Gladiator's Resolve Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    Warriors are hereos that draw thier super human strength from thier relentless fury and thier unstoppeble willpower to fight on til the end of days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithix View Post
    ^ This
    It was a heart felt loss :/ Now, my entire Tier 3 talents are 'meh' other than Piercing Howl for Garrosh add kiting.
    I still use DS on Garrosh because of the empowered MCs. Aoe interrupt is still very helpful there since you won't be pummeling at all there.
    Jakesterwars - Jakesterwars#1531
    Tyranny

Quote Originally Posted by idefiler6 View Post
    Which still makes zero sense, as it effects all 3 specs and both sides of the PVE/PVP coin.
    Yes, that is true. But in PvP, the other tank classes have an additional silence or stun that can be used to interrupt spellcasting. Ring of Peace/Strangulate are both silences, which generally don't work against raid bosses, adds are a different story. Bear Hug and Hammer of Justice are also stuns that don't work agaisnt raid bosses, but work against adds.

This leaves Warriors as the only tank class to have two separate INTERRUPT abilities that can be used back to back against boss mobs. So while it does cause problems for both PvE and PvP, it was directed towards prot and nerf the fact that we have 2 INTERRUPT abilities, not an interrupt+stun/silence like other classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    You PVErs aren't special snowflakes, the game does not revolve around you.
    Yes, actually, it does. The vast majority of the content in the game is PvE, the vast majority of the players participate in more PvE than in PvP, so yeah, the game does kind of revolve around PvE; sorry to burst your bubble. PvP has always and will always take a back seat to PvE (even if the designers are too absent-minded to realize some of the ways in which their PvP changes affect PvE). WoW is a PvE game with some PvP. Like how it's a PvE game with some Pet Battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    PVP has been miserable for this entire expansion so that mindless button mashers can have perfect DPS balance to stroke their epeens to.
    Awww, your little side-show mini game isn't fun any more? Might I suggest Pet Battles? Same thing but different. Or maybe you could go to Red Ridge/Barrens and gank some lowbies to stroke your epeen to.
    "It is a demonstration of incomprehensible hubris to quote one's self, especially in one's own forum signature."
    ¬PetersenIII

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    Let us not be sarcastic...
    I actually wasn't being sarcastic because it's true. I'm not the only one who thinks this:

Quote Originally Posted by kaerthon View Post
    Being a tank inherently puts responsibility on our shoulders.
    my warrior
    [ twitter| twitch]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rystrave View Post
    I actually wasn't being sarcastic because it's true. I'm not the only one who thinks this:
    Well, let's leave it at debatable. There is no gcd and no rage cost to interrupt, and rude interruption boost damage done, so everyone should be doing it. There is no reason to say tanks have a higher responsability to do it. Whoever is on the target that must be interrupted must do it. Sometimes one of the tanks is not at range (moving marvi away from sul, tower on galakras, blabla), or is assigned to interrupt a different boss (protectors). Sometimes is the melee dps who is not in range of the mob to interrupt. Ranged can help, but they don't have the CD to do a rotation.

All in all, the only extra responsability being a tank puts on you is pulling rythm and mobs positioning. Doing dps is part of the tank's job, and preventing damage is part of the dps's job.

And if you are going to quote traditional reasons, shield bash could be missed and tanks didn't cap hit, so they weren't reliable at interrupting. If anything, the responsability was placed on the DPS and it have ended being up shared by the tanks.
    Last edited by mmoc38db56fadf; 2014-02-20 at 10:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not arguing that it's actually everyone's responsibility to interrupt, but the general consesus will automatically assume it's the tank responsibility first and foremost.

I've encountered two types of players: ones that interrupt, and ones that don't. And the majority of those don't. It's a blessing when a rogue kicks or a boomkin beams - it means they know how to play their classes.

And the shield bash scenario is moot since the ability isn't in game anymore. No point in bringing up something that isn't relevant.
    my warrior
    [ twitter| twitch]

Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    Well, let's leave it at debatable. There is no gcd and no rage cost to interrupt, and rude interruption boost damage done, so everyone should be doing it. There is no reason to say tanks have a higher responsability to do it. Whoever is on the target that must be interrupted must do it. Sometimes one of the tanks is not at range (moving marvi away from sul, tower on galakras, blabla), or is assigned to interrupt a different boss (protectors). Sometimes is the melee dps who is not in range of the mob to interrupt. Ranged can help, but they don't have the CD to do a rotation.

All in all, the only extra responsability being a tank puts on you is pulling rythm and mobs positioning. Doing dps is part of the tank's job, and preventing damage is part of the dps's job.

And if you are going to quote traditional reasons, shield bash could be missed and tanks didn't cap hit, so they weren't reliable at interrupting. If anything, the responsability was placed on the DPS and it have ended being up shared by the tanks.
    In raids you generally need interrupt rotations of 2-3 players per target these days, so its who's responsibility to kick is a moot point regardless.
    But yes, if a Warrior can be interrupting more or less on CD for any significant length of time in a fight, they should be taking Rude Interruption for a dps boost. Even if the caster isn't the primary target, they can use a focus interrupt macro.

To add, in previous times, tanks generally did interrupting because they had less to focus on after positioning was done. Aftewords they had extremely simple "rotations" and nothing better to do, while DPS would focus their rotations to put out more damage.

These days Tanks have more strict "rotations" to keep up resource generation and mitigation; and so they should be putting in a roughly equal amount of focus into their rotation as a DPS. To which I would say the burden on interrupting shouldn't be more on DPS or Tanks but roughly equal depending on amount of individual responsibility during the fight.

Deleted
    Just to finish this, I was thinking of nefarian or maloriak (more of nefarian, or any of the interrupt or wipe bosses of t11). Regardless of rotation complexity, back then I was trying to reach 77.4% block and would run with maybe 2-3% hit. I think it was fixed around that tier to not need hit, but before that if put your tank to interrupt he will need to get away from his normal reforging, or wipe 1 of each 20 tries because he got a shield bash miss.
    Last edited by mmoc38db56fadf; 2014-02-21 at 10:55 AM.

Yup. Because Nef required you to have 2-3 interrupts per add and tank interrupts at that point could still miss, it was pretty rough if you didn't get it off. Luckily, it was changed in 4.1 so that all non-damaging interrupts would always hit.

Deleted
    Having a 10man team with only one player doing all interrupting is stupid anyway.
    Such skill entire raid getting boosted by a single player.

Interrupting should have a dps rotation just like healers have to coordinate big cooldowns.