Deleted
    Amaznig work.

Going to be great seeing all the new npc's using these models as well. My gaming experience is going to be so much more immersive with all these update visuals, I cant wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Deusfox View Post
    Amaznig work.

Going to be great seeing all the new npc's using these models as well. My gaming experience is going to be so much more immersive with all these update visuals, I cant wait.
    Yes but npc with special variation of the orginal PC-Model will not be updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    Existing sub-races like Wildhammer, Dark Iron, various Orcs, Leper Gnomes, etc will be updated, which is why this thread exists, so we could get a faux sneak peak at what they might look like.
    You just lost The Game

Fel orcs may not be updated, but the ones that use the playable models (humans, mag'har orcs, night elves, draenei...) will.

I'm not sure if they'll completely replace the older models or if they will keep them in the game files to make the NPCs a bit more varied. They did keep the alpha human models and some of the pre-BC high-elf ones for a few NPCs. Still, most NPCs will be updated.

I'm wondering if they will change the default flight path mounts (Gryphon/Wyvern) to the new MoP Gryphons and Wyverns. Having our shiny new models riding low poly flight paths would break immersion a bit ;p
    You just lost The Game

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    I'm wondering if they will change the default flight path mounts (Gryphon/Wyvern) to the new MoP Gryphons and Wyverns. Having our shiny new models riding low poly flight paths would break immersion a bit ;p
    Gonna be a lot of that in the lower levels. Just look at nearly any animal mob. Think of the terribly low res bear models you'll be harvesting meat from.
    ( ; , , ; )

Deleted
    Just a visualization how I think Nightelf female could turn out in term of muscle proportion. (Yes I know its messy )
    I made one too just for lolz, also very messy. I have pile of comics that i could use on shit like this but i'm too lazy.

Yeh, it's too muscular maybe, but that expression and pose were just asking this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    I made one too just for lolz, also very messy. I have pile of comics that i could use on shit like this but i'm too lazy.

Yeh, it's too muscular maybe, but that expression and pose were just asking this.
    That looks pretty good, actually. My thoughts are that they'd be similar to drow women;

sans the neck-things, or,

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    I also don't get why everyone and their mother hates any casting animations, let alone the Night Elf one most of all. What is the scale of reference you people use for casting quality? I mean, how many ways can a being channel their focus into energy in their hands? And why does it look bad or good?
    The problem's not the hand movements during casting, that looks cool.

It's the dry humping I find ridiculous.

There are actually some really good NE references...

Look there Yigg more fingernails just for you!

Last edited by Hellspawn; 2014-02-20 at 09:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I suspect BE will just look like a better version of current. NE I'm expecting a heavy overhaul on the level of say human female. That model is one of the oldest in the game and personally I find it disgusting. Saw my female NE bouncing the other day and thought about how incredibly simplistic the animation is.
    I hope both get that treatment. As for how they add high elves, I don't particularly care. At least as a subrace we may see them sooner, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Phoenix View Post
    That's what I don't get. Take, for example, some of the elf races from The Elder Scrolls. You have the Aldmer (proto-Altmer/High Elves), the Altmer (modern High Elves), the Bosmer (Wood Elves), the Dunmer (Dark Elves), the Dwemer (Dwarves), and the Orsimer (Orcs). Each has a background history that distinguishes from the other...but no one complains about there being "too many elves". Whereas the mere mention of including playable High Elves in World of Warcraft has that one half going up in arms over it, saying a third elf race would be "too much" or that we "already have enough elves".

Personally I'm all for High Elves...
    Agreed up to there. Nearly every argument against HE could be used against existing races, and most are flawed or based on speculation. However, this has been debated to death. E.g. the population figures, which are pure speculation, and which would rule out a good deal of the playable races.

- - - Updated - - -

Bless your beard. /bow

- - - Updated - - -

I love the male nelf, they just need their stiffness adjusted and their distribution of weight/center of gravity tweaked. Which we've seen them do now with every new model, ESPECIALLY dwarves. So I don't get your trepidation. I also don't get why everyone and their mother hates any casting animations, let alone the Night Elf one most of all. What is the scale of reference you people use for casting quality? I mean, how many ways can a being channel their focus into energy in their hands? And why does it look bad or good?

I see people making so many annoyed opinions over casting animations and I just don't get it. Some look cooler than others but they all look like someone is casting a spell to me.
    You're free to like them. I don't. I think the Forsaken, for instance, have much much better casting animations. Female NE, draenei of either gender, humans of either gender, BE females etc. all have wonderful casting animations, that are fluid and powerful.

Apparently, there are many ways one can channel such energies. If the males had animations closer to the females it'd be a massive improvement in and of itself.

- - - Updated - - -

Bless your beard. /bow

- - - Updated - - -

I love the male nelf, they just need their stiffness adjusted and their distribution of weight/center of gravity tweaked. Which we've seen them do now with every new model, ESPECIALLY dwarves. So I don't get your trepidation. I also don't get why everyone and their mother hates any casting animations, let alone the Night Elf one most of all. What is the scale of reference you people use for casting quality? I mean, how many ways can a being channel their focus into energy in their hands? And why does it look bad or good?

I see people making so many annoyed opinions over casting animations and I just don't get it. Some look cooler than others but they all look like someone is casting a spell to me.
    You're free to like them. I don't. I think the Forsaken, for instance, have much much better casting animations. Female NE, draenei of either gender, humans of either gender, BE females etc. all have wonderful casting animations, that are fluid and powerful.

Apparently, there are many ways one can channel such energies. If the males had animations closer to the females it'd be a massive improvement in and of itself.

- - - Updated - - -

Why? The High Elves of the Alliance have been fighting for ten years at the side of the Alliance races, night elves and all, the Silver Covenant is a recognized and respected group among the Alliance. Why the need for this mysterious faction with Turalyon and Alleria?

And I think we can safely ignore the elf haters as homophobic machismo teenagers in mind and body at this point.
    Agreed on all this. I would love HE as a full race but however they are introduced, if they are, I will be content, provided they come with some proper model updates, for both them and BE.

- - - Updated - - -

The thing with the animations though is even if they make slight modifications to the idle animations, players are going to get in a tizzy over it. The only thing they can really do is make the existing weird animations slightly better.
    I don't get this. Is it the case that they have one shot at it and can't refine the concept as they go along?
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

I'd only want to see high elves added if they were given a genuine identity that has more depth than serving the Alliance unquestionably. Their hatred of blood elves feels very contrived at this point. Sure, the blood elves aren't perfect but their hand was forced and they did what was needed in order to protect both their homeland and their people. They've never gone out of their way to kill or harm high elves.

As it stands they lack much in the way of a distinct culture. Ideally I'd prefer to see playable high elves be skeptical of both the Horde and the Alliance but sticking with the latter out of necessity rather than a mindless form of servitude. It just feels like they're currently written to appease those who effectively just want a pretty/handsome elf to spout out 'FOR THE ALLIANCE!' and little else.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I do get that it's desired. To me High Elves (including Blood) are an OG Alliance race and make more sense there, they went Horde in TBC mostly for gameplay reasons rather than lore. So I actually am not against the concept, just don't think there's any way it would be possible in the context of WoW.
    I guess you missed the part where humans tried to practically murder Kael'thas and his army back in WC3.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    I guess you missed the part where humans tried to practically murder Kael'thas and his army back in WC3.
    A small army of humans that isn't fully representing all of the Alliance.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    A small army of humans that isn't fully representing all of the Alliance.
    The Kirin Tor sided with Garithos and locked up Kael'thas within the Violet Hold along with his forces and fully intended to execute them. There's no 'if' or 'but' about it - the Alliance screwed up where the blood elves are concerned. The Alliance then later sent a dwarf ambassador and numerous night elves to infiltrate Quel'thalas at a time when the blood elves were still licking their wounds. They could have tried to make amends and offer aid and supplies - they didn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Moving them into the Horde was arbitrary, sure, and was mandated by gameplay reasons, such as the two faction model. I don't think either faction fit them that well at that point in time. However, they were very much of the perception that their allies had abandoned them, and the Alliance didn't really do a great deal to dispel that image.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesius Baelthar View Post
    The Kirin Tor sided with Garithos and locked up Kael'thas within the Violet Hold along with his forces and fully intended to execute them. There's no 'if' or 'but' about it - the Alliance screwed up where the blood elves are concerned. The Alliance then later sent a dwarf ambassador and numerous night elves to infiltrate Quel'thalas at a time when the blood elves were still licking their wounds. They could have tried to make amends and offer aid and supplies - they didn't.
    Considering the last time the Highborne ancestors/descendants did something, it wasn't pretty. The methods was bad yes but the intent was good. Also take note, it doesn't mean the Blood Elves are free from sin. The Magisters are proof of this.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    Moving them into the Horde was arbitrary, sure, and was mandated by gameplay reasons, such as the two faction model. I don't think either faction fit them that well at that point in time. However, they were very much of the perception that their allies had abandoned them, and the Alliance didn't really do a great deal to dispel that image.
    I personally think that the blood elf story is pretty intriguing and fascinating. Blizzard did an excellent job with them and they've more than earned their place within the Horde at this point in time. That they aren't hugely keen on either faction is great and I wish it was a stance adopted by more playable races. The mistreatment and betrayal by the Alliance is very much in line with how the Alliance has acted throughout history, anyway. Even before the Horde emerged it was the victim of infighting and disagreements between the various human nations.

I would love that so much, i'm just sad that they won't change the old pc mounts to be on par with the new ones... I want my purple awesome wyvern and ebon awesome gryphon (would be the official names )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Considering the last time the Highborne ancestors/descendants did something, it wasn't pretty. The methods was bad yes but the intent was good. Also take note, it doesn't mean the Blood Elves are free from sin. The Magisters are proof of this.
    I don't see the intent as "good". It was self-serving, little more, little less.

@Caesius, to me it is an artefact of the two player faction model, and little more. It could be a function of me not particularly caring for the Horde or the Alliance - I like the Highborne and their descendants, and not very much else. Perhaps the Eredar. But I fail to see how most of this is relevant to a thread about subrace photoshops.