Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Considering the last time the Highborne ancestors/descendants did something, it wasn't pretty. The methods was bad yes but the intent was good. Also take note, it doesn't mean the Blood Elves are free from sin. The Magisters are proof of this.
    No, it's not proof at all actually. After the vast majority of their population was wiped out they embraced fel as a necessity. They'd have likely died out entirely if not for their use of demonic magic. Even the Alliance has since come to use it as a necessary evil - along with the undead and worgen who are arguably much more tainted and twisted than the blood elves - and the faction isn't even in a position where they're at risk of being wiped out entirely.

Attempts at reclaiming Silvermoon failed right up until Rommath arrived and used fel energy to restore the city to much of it's former glory. This allowed the blood elves to have a much greater chance of survival and they've since employed various pragmatic means to ensure that they aren't wiped out. Why would they roll over and allow themselves to be killed, especially after being betrayed by those who should have been there to aid them? Kael'thas had no responsibility to offer his aid to Lordaeron when his own homeland was in such a dire state yet he still had the decency to try and help the remnants of the Alliance.

Furthermore the use of fel energy is nowhere near as widespread as people try to paint it as being. They've since stopped using it as heavily and have embraced more efficient and pragmatic methods - which is very much where their story has been going for quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesius Baelthar View Post
    I personally think that the blood elf story is pretty intriguing and fascinating. Blizzard did an excellent job with them and they've more than earned their place within the Horde at this point in time. That they aren't hugely keen on either faction is great and I wish it was a stance adopted by more playable races. The mistreatment and betrayal by the Alliance is very much in line with how the Alliance has acted throughout history, anyway. Even before the Horde emerged it was the victim of infighting and disagreements between the various human nations.
    Definitely one of my favourite stories in WC3, though they're all pretty good >.< Too bad they just killed him off in TBC.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

No, it's not proof at all actually. After the vast majority of their population was wiped out they embraced fel as a necessity. They'd have likely died out entirely if not for their use of demonic magic. Even the Alliance has since come to use it as a necessary evil - along with the undead and worgen who are arguably much more tainted and twisted than the blood elves - and the faction isn't even in a position where they're at risk of being wiped out entirely.

Attempts at reclaiming Silvermoon failed right up until Rommath arrived and used fel energy to restore the city to much of it's former glory. This allowed the blood elves to have a much greater chance of survival and they've since employed various pragmatic means to ensure that they aren't wiped out. Why would they roll over and allow themselves to be killed, especially after being betrayed by those who should have been there to aid them? Kael'thas had no responsibility to offer his aid to Lordaeron when his own homeland was in such a dire state yet he still had the decency to try and help the remnants of the Alliance.

Furthermore the use of fel energy is nowhere near as widespread as people try to paint it as being. They've since stopped using it as heavily and have embraced more efficient and pragmatic methods - which is very much where their story has been going for quite some time.
    The Blood Elf story definitely fits best with the Horde theme. Underdogs doing whatever it takes to survive.
    ( ; , , ; )

10+ Year Old Account
    The dwarf female is now selectable on WOW US draenor page in all her animated glory

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    FREEEEDOM! KING GEORGE IS A TYRANT! FREEEEDOM! And he also did a lot for the welfare of his citizens and the mentally ill, but we filthy colonials are taught otherwise.

FREEDOM!!!!1

Taxes! Tea bagz. Colors! Gray colors? Grey colors! All Brits sound like posh London fops! Nevermind Liverpool, Yorkshire, all that jazz.

Okay, don't tell my countrymen, but I'm a bit of an anglophile, and I love the bumpkin accents of Lionhead's Fable characters. I keep forgetting which region of the UK that accent is named for, can you please tell me? Pretty please, you daft old codger?
    I dunno because I'm actually Australian

Quote Originally Posted by Kaniinchen View Post
    Until now I thought that was a female warrior..
    LOL. Don't hate him for being beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    very good would that put high elves subrace as blood elves and so to choose eye color when choosing the character.

Auric could be faction leader for the high elves in quelthalas, in fact already is.
    Auric is an Allerian High Elf who was stationed in Outland until TBC, unless I missed something their loyalties are unknown. They're not a part of the Silver Covenant to the best of my knowledge, they may be neutral. Not all "High Elves" are aligned with the Silver Covenant, which Wrath described as a "militant faction" of High Elves.

Man I forgot about Allerian Elves, jesus there are a lot of damn elf factions.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    I'm wondering if they will change the default flight path mounts (Gryphon/Wyvern) to the new MoP Gryphons and Wyverns. Having our shiny new models riding low poly flight paths would break immersion a bit ;p
    All the flightpoint mounts in Draenor may be Chimaeras :P

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    I guess you missed the part where humans tried to practically murder Kael'thas and his army back in WC3.
    No I didn't, Garithos made absolutely no sense even in Warcraft III (specifically TFT).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Areto View Post
    The dwarf female is now selectable on WOW US draenor page in all her animated glory
    Hey thanks for posting that! I was wondering if they would ever update the site, and when.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixietinker View Post
    Hey thanks for posting that! I was wondering if they would ever update the site, and when.
    You're welcome The icons for draenei and blood elf were added too. So I'm all excited and happy ^^

10+ Year Old Account

It is. They're using mind control on their own people. It means they're not as victimized as you put them.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The Kirin Tor sided with Garithos and locked up Kael'thas within the Violet Hold along with his forces and fully intended to execute them. There's no 'if' or 'but' about it - the Alliance screwed up where the blood elves are concerned. The Alliance then later sent a dwarf ambassador and numerous night elves to infiltrate Quel'thalas at a time when the blood elves were still licking their wounds. They could have tried to make amends and offer aid and supplies - they didn't.
    Humans and Elves had been allies since the Second War and the Human faction had High Elf core units even in Warcraft III. All of Lordaeron had been devastated by the Scourge and the Legion had just barely been defeated, and yet some racist human takes time out to go on a genocidal rampage against the few High Elves that had survived the massacre of their people and destruction of their civilisation by the undead just for the hell of it?

It was a stupid plotline used to justify the Blood Elf campaign in TFT and it's been a thorn in the lore ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Definitely one of my favourite stories in WC3, though they're all pretty good >.< Too bad they just killed him off in TBC.
    I liked Kael'thas and the Blood Elf campaign was fun, the stuff with Garithos was way over the top and idiotic though.

Also hate the fact he and Illidan were just bad guys to kill in TBC.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh nice catch! New images there as well... hard to tell it's up since they aren't greying out the gender icons.

She's got kind of a Princess Fiona look with some of these expressions lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, agreed on that, I feel the whole plot twist is contrived. Fair enough to have Garithos go all high and mighty and try to get the BE killed off, but what transpired since then is very forced. I was pretty peeved to see Illidan, Kael'thas and Vashj die as raid bosses, as a result. The whole BE story lapsed into arbitrariness for me at that point. Not that I necessarily think they should have stayed in the Alliance, at least not without some sort of patch up work by the Alliance.

It is. They're using mind control on their own people. It means they're not as victimized as you put them.
    For the well known reason that Lor'themar did not want to deal with division within his own people at the time. I see this as being neither here nor there, though.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

Out of necessity, and with much regret on part of Lor'themar. He couldn't afford to lead a divided people when the risk of annihilation was very much a real thing. See, they wouldn't have had to resort to such extreme measures in the first place if the Alliance hadn't betrayed them and had instead decided to reach out to them. The blood elves did what was necessary to survive. The Alliance weren't doing that when they betrayed the blood elves. In fact, they foolishly made it worse for themselves as they missed out on gaining a much needed ally in the north that could very well have helped prevent the forsaken from becoming as big a threat as they are to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    Yes, agreed on that, I feel the whole plot twist is contrived. Fair enough to have Garithos go all high and mighty and try to get the BE killed off, but what transpired since then is very forced. I was pretty peeved to see Illidan, Kael'thas and Vashj die as raid bosses, as a result. The whole BE story lapsed into arbitrariness for me at that point. Not that I necessarily think they should have stayed in the Alliance, at least not without some sort of patch up work by the Alliance.

Yeah, that was rather unfortunate. Blizzard have a habit of killing off morally grey and genuinely engaging characters as throwaway raid bosses and yet insist on allowing the likes of Jaina and Sylvanas to run around and experience very little in the way of actual consequences even when other major figures have been killed off for much lesser reasoning.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/warlords-of-draenor/
    also on the site blood elf and draenei icons.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Which kicked out the High Elves. Sorry but as awesome as Lor'themar is. He doesn't get a pass on that for me. On that note though, this isn't the place to debate Sin'dorei politics
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Oh nice catch! New images there as well... hard to tell it's up since they aren't greying out the gender icons.
    She's got kind of a Princess Fiona look with some of these expressions lol.
    I wish I could see some angry faces too. BUt I agree, she does remind me of Fiona too! I think I'm quite happy with her entirely. Lookit her bod!

i dont know why but.. she looks worse than she did at blizzcon. maybe its just the options they are using in that model though.

either way its still a million times better than what we have now so im not gonna complain.

that makes 4 models done.

3 alliance 1 horde ALLIANCE FAVORTIZMSZMZ @_@
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

You're welcome The icons for draenei and blood elf were added too. So I'm all excited and happy ^^
    Seriously?? Hahaha I didn't even notice I was too busy looking at the F Dwarf I am so excited to and very happy, and now I get to go there and look again.

Which kicked out the High Elves. Sorry but as awesome as Lor'themar is. He doesn't get a pass on that for me. On that note though, this isn't the place to debate Sin'dorei politics
    The high elves aren't the 'good guys', nor are they innocent victims. They actively slaughtered, tortured and mugged innocent Sunreaver civilians during the situation in Dalaran. The blood elves repeatedly expressed regret at having to shun the high elves but they had no choice. They did the right thing, considering the alternative was to allow the Scourge to completely obliterate Quel'thalas. The number of dead elves would have been much higher had tough decisions not been made to protect those that survived.

Though you're right, this is going too off-topic now and is more suited to the lore sub-forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixietinker View Post
    Seriously?? Hahaha I didn't even notice I was too busy looking at the F Dwarf I am so excited to and very happy, and now I get to go there and look again.
    Hehehe, yeah! I'm quite happy with these tidbits we've been getting recently!

Out of necessity, and with much regret on part of Lor'themar. He couldn't afford to lead a divided people when the risk of annihilation was very much a real thing. See, they wouldn't have had to resort to such extreme measures in the first place if the Alliance hadn't betrayed them and had instead decided to reach out to them. The blood elves did what was necessary to survive. The Alliance weren't doing that when they betrayed the blood elves. In fact, they foolishly made it worse for themselves as they missed out on gaining a much needed ally in the north that could very well have helped prevent the forsaken from becoming as big a threat as they are to this day.

Yeah, that was rather unfortunate. Blizzard have a habit of killing off morally grey and genuinely engaging characters as throwaway raid bosses and yet insist on allowing the likes of Jaina and Sylvanas to run around and experience very little in the way of actual consequences even when other major figures have been killed off for much lesser reasoning.
    look its pointless to argue about this.

we all know WHY the blood elves are in the horde. back in vanilla alliance outnumbered horde by ALOT and blood elves were like the 2nd most requested race besides pandaren.

how do they fix faction imbalance? put the 2nd most wanted race on the horde.

blood elves SHOULD be alliance, the horde pillaged their lands, allied with their mortal enemy. one of their major heroes is nicknamed ORC SLAYER.

the dwarf spy, the alliance not sending them aid.

thats all shit they had to add in because they had to find a way to make the blood elves join the horde. in vanilla there was going to be a blood elf alliance only faction in azshara called the silvermoon remnants, all the high elf and blood elf npcs ingame were either neutral or alliance.

there is no justifying the blood elves in the horde. what the horde did to the blood elves far outweigh what a racist general did to them.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Ideally they'd be in neither faction and operate as an independent nation free of the influence and politics of either the Horde or Alliance. Though you could say that about pretty much every playable race or at least the vast majority.