Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    Your name suits your intelligence apparently.
    All faces in the picture are identical, so they're clearly placeholders.
    The models for the other races are not even finished, do you really think they would create all unique faces for the Orcs before even putting in a slightly updated model for the other races?

The only dissapointment here is your parent's dissapointment in you.
    You're literally blinded by your naivety.
    The faces do differ from one another, as laughable as the differences are. They have different wrinkles on their forehead. Go ahead, take a good look.
    You're telling me Blizzard went our of their way to make all these texture variations if they were only meant to be placeholders?
    Damn, that makes a lot of sense.
    Last edited by mmoc2cfe61b4f1; 2014-02-22 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Texaswarrior View Post
    Yeah, it's been the same for multiple expansions. Worgen females, pandaren, people scream "it's beta, no way they'll release it like that!"

And then they do.
    Exactly man, because as we all know bear's faces vary so much besides color or markings, and the faces of wolves are all different too. Animals are people too!

Quote Originally Posted by Grinresh View Post
    I really think that would be the best solution, to freeze frame on certain emotions for the rest state of faces that used to have a single emotion plastered on, but someone asked Chris Robinson on his Twitter if that was what they were going to do, and he said, "no, we've got top people working on another solution".
    Oh! nice. So they are aware and working on it.

TOP PEOPLE. hehe
    Let Reason Prevail

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    But of course... do you want more faces or a raid?
    /thread.

I can't tell the difference between any of those faces, and I don't think they are going to make that many more changes to the artwork at this point. They still have a few races to go and people are already screaming for beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PeggBundy View Post
    Exactly man, because as we all know bear's faces vary so much besides color or markings, and the faces of wolves are all different too. Animals are people too!

people who have blind faith in what blizzard can do always make excuses for there poor performance.

Even when all models are released, and see all faces are the same, just like pandaren, they will still defend blizzard either saying its to much hard work for them, or try and deny its the same and point the tiniest sliver of a wrinkle as showing how one face is different to another.

But thats what blind faith is.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caligulove View Post
    But the expression is the same,same emotion.
    there really is no difference there, its just someone whos trying to find gold in dirt when there is none.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    All those faces do look a bit daft. It suits the race though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really think that would be the best solution, to freeze frame on certain emotions for the rest state of faces that used to have a single emotion plastered on, but someone asked Chris Robinson on his Twitter if that was what they were going to do, and he said, "no, we've got top people working on another solution".
    'another solution', being the cheapest one they can find in fooling people into thinking they are different.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Which basically ties all this to an animation issue. Right now, we have all faces animated to idle status.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostwood View Post
    All those faces do look a bit daft. It suits the race though.
    take it to the lore forums.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    so the difference here is: on the old faces, each face had a different facial expression, while the new ones don't. no more happy face and angry face, now you have face #1 and face #2, and the character will be happy while doing happy things and angry while doing angry things.

Yeah, but that's the problem. What if I want to play a "happy character"? What if I want to play an evil, angry character? With the new system, it seems like I won't be able to do that anymore. All faces will look neutral, and then every once in a blue moon during an emote the character will look happy or angry.

This new system would be great IF at character creation, we could decide whether we want our character to mostly be happy, angry, sad, etc. And then during idle animations, the character would mostly do happy emotes, or sad emotes, etc. That would be fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    there really is no difference there, its just someone whos trying to find gold in dirt when there is none.
    Because emotion is tied to the animation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather have my orc not have a perma snarl. The teeth should be visible when the lips move and should not be seen through lack of lips, like with the old model.

I do agree they could have done with a bit of versatility, like the goblins have regarding their jaws, ears and noses, but as the devs said, they are trying their best to make things work. If it's not done by WoD, it coul dbe added at a later stage, just like if not all new character models are done.

For all those that are QQ'ing and can't see the details or just want to rant about Blizzard putting the same faces on every character:

For the love of God, please stop this QQ'ing and just wait till the RELEASE (what they consider) A FULL PRODUCT.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see the issue.

1. Do you HONESTLY stare at your character's face as you play? Let's be purely honest here. Why does it matter? You either have a helmet over it, or you're looking at the back. This isn't America's Next Top Digital Model. So again, why does it matter?

2. And this is doozy so put on your seatbelt! IT. IS. ALPHA. (or beta, whatevs lol.) If you've been playing this game long enough.. scratch that, ANY game long enough. Whether it's a soon to be new release or expansion of a current game, you should know, as a smart gamer and human being with some common sense, to take what you see in Beta (and ESPECIALLY) Alpha phases with a grain of salt. As the saying goes, "Everything is subject to change."

So let's pull the reins on the drama queen diva stunts.

Quote Originally Posted by Suddy View Post
    For all those that are QQ'ing and can't see the details or just want to rant about Blizzard putting the same faces on every character:

For the love of God, please stop this QQ'ing and just wait till the RELEASE (what they consider) A FULL PRODUCT.
    Much easier to tell the differences when you can see them superimposed. But then again, it wasn't impossible to see them in the lineup, either. In my estimation, quite a few people here need to visit an optometrist, and let somebody else drive them there.

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    2. And this is doozy so put on your seatbelt! IT. IS. ALPHA. (or beta, whatevs lol.) If you've been playing this game long enough.. scratch that, ANY game long enough. Whether it's a soon to be new release or expansion of a current game, you should know, as a smart gamer and human being with some common sense, to take what you see in Beta (and ESPECIALLY) Alpha phases with a grain of salt. As the saying goes, "Everything is subject to change."
    The male orcs, dwarves, and gnomes feel really finished to me for the simple fact that they've gone to the effort of fitting helmets to them, which is usually the very last thing they get done for a new race model. Still, this seems like something they could pretty easily go back and fix with differing idle animations for each face.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    what if I told you blizzard will do the same thing with all character models they did with pandaren because they make the excuse they don't have the time and money to make unique facial features.
    I'd tell you were getting your info from people who were full of shit. The pandaren are limited because they are animal races, the same reason the tauren are limited.
    go count every option for every race in vanilla, some have tons, some have barely any. THere is no recent TREND towards less customization. The goblins are fine, and even had more faces in beta.

The models we see are pretty much all in propgress, and only at a state they are ready to show us one basic face, they've barely begun to tackle the problem of how to give them more unique faces yet.

They made up for pandaren faces with hair and ornaments, which you all ignore, because in think in binary logic. Females are limited because nobody plays ugly females. they nailed her design and then gave her variations in hair and ornaments. The males had more room with more gruff faces and scars. BUT they are still bears. If this was a cartoon they could use body variation but they can't in WOW. It has nothing to do with money and anyone who says that needs their fucking brain lanced for bullshit.

There is a very real issue to tackle when you cant just draw a face on the same face like they have done up until now because of facial animations.

The models they show us are the first thing they feel is ready to be seen, they are not finished at all.

What does Chris R say on making the faces look more different than Pandaren? (of course people ignore goblins)

PROMISING OPTIONS
    I think Robinson's eye here is superior to the masses here. And he if says promising, he means more than those pitiful examples we've seen on aplha demo builds.
    Those are demos.

And they work on all of these at once, depending on what mood they are in and what kind of ideas they have combined with deadlines.
    So far, they show us things the moment they have a basic idea of the direction they want, with one face set up to be animated approximately.

We should be very vocal about as much unique customization as possible, but don't turn this into a mob with people accusing Blizzard of being liars, lazy, money greedy, or other bullshit, you're just damaging the credibility of everyone who takes the time to be a reasonable person who makes constructive and valuable criticism when you risk saturating the devs in negative morale.

Just consider these things before you make plans for the inevitable falling of the sky.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

1. Do you HONESTLY stare at your character's face as you play? Let's be purely honest here. Why does it matter? You either have a helmet over it, or you're looking at the back. This isn't America's Next Top Digital Model. So again, why does it matter?
    It matters to me more than anything else in the game, aside from maybe the landscapes / continents themselves. I never wear helmets that cover the face or hair, I constantly zoom up to my character's face, I take hundreds of screenshots, I roleplay. Even if I just look at the back of my character's head, I *know* what she looks like. If you look at your friend's face from behind, you probably also know what they look like, right? Would it disturb you if they all had the exact same face from one day to another?

Actually, if you had paid attention to WoW expansions' alphas and betas in the past couple years, you would have noticed the female Worgen disaster and female Pandaren disaster. In both cases, people like me were saying "they all have the same face, this isn't cool, please add more faces", and people like you said "OMG CALM DOWN THERE WILL BE MORE FACES DUHHH IT'S ALPHA". What happened? One face. You can't really blame us for being a bit jaded by now.

Deleted
    Can't honestly care less. My Orc's Head will either be under a CM Gold helmet or - not at all under anything, since this face is enough to have me sold on it. And btw, looking into the actual Gameplay on the front side, the faces do seem unique though. But even if not - again - couldn't care less. I guess for RPers thats something they might wanna have Blizzard put a lot of Detail in, but.. Who cares about Rpers these days.