10+ Year Old Account
    took a couple pics while installing the raidr:

O.o Im going to assume that you did not leave the Raidr slammed right up against that GTX? zero airflow for that card with that arrangement?
    | i7 4790K @ 4.5Ghz | Asus Z97 Pro Gamer | 32Gigs Kingston FuryX 1866 RAM | Kingston Predator M.2 240Gig SSD | 4x Intel 320 Series SATA II RAID 0 | Samsung 850 Pro OS X Drive | WD Red 1TB Media Drive | NVidia GTX 960 | Noctua NH-D15 | Dell S2340 IPS | Fractal Design Define R4 |

15+ Year Old Account
    It's an SSD, it doesn't need airflow. The GTX has it's intake on the right side and it's a blower style cooler so no worries there either.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cyanotical remains kingpin on these forums, pretty much.

And that is a GTX 690, the heatsink is actually not a blower. :P
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Oh wow every time i look i realize how rich you people are XD
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

.. Blower style? Fan in the center,(intake) 2 exhaust spots (left to the outside of the case, right to the inside of the case). The SSD appears to be block half of the fan, inhibiting airflow. Just an observation. Image to show what I mean ..

| i7 4790K @ 4.5Ghz | Asus Z97 Pro Gamer | 32Gigs Kingston FuryX 1866 RAM | Kingston Predator M.2 240Gig SSD | 4x Intel 320 Series SATA II RAID 0 | Samsung 850 Pro OS X Drive | WD Red 1TB Media Drive | NVidia GTX 960 | Noctua NH-D15 | Dell S2340 IPS | Fractal Design Define R4 |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    Oh wow every time i look i realize how rich you people are XD
    Not quite - think of it more like for some people, this is their hobby. So instead of collecting something or dropping $5,000 on League of Legends skins, they build incredible computers. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Thought you meant blower like the legit blowers that just sit on the end and blow air one direction.
    "A flower.

Deleted
    damn i wish i had enough money to get insane rig's like some of the people here are having!

i recently got a chance to get a free silencio 550 so i took my rig into this case. im actually glad i didnt pay for it since airflow is pretty limited in there and its not THAT silent.

Got 3 Coolermaster stock fans in there, i will most likely replace them ... just not sure which ones to use.
    and yes i know: the fan cable routing is strange, its still WIP until i have every part i want to add (like the fans).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Thought you meant blower like the legit blowers that just sit on the end and blow air one direction.
    That is as legit blower cooler as blowers go. There's one fan that mostly exhausts out from the back, outside the case. Opposite of something like MSI twinfrozr that has multiple fans that blow on the pcb with no direction whatsoever and exhaust all over the case.

Yeah though, mistook those for 780's first. :S The fan's more to the middle on 690 but I still wouldn't say it's a problem. Either way I don't think Cyanotical just showed the card there without a care for temps. It's not hard to monitor it and see if there's a problem. >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    The 690s shipped with one of the best coolers NVidia ever made... so, yeah. And Cyanotical has told me before, the things run obnoxiously cool, in comparison to things like the 590s.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that also has something to do with GPU load not being very high in most games. QuadSLI will put a heavy strain even on his 4930k.
    Or when he's running vsynced.

here's some better pictures of mine, let me know what ya think, finished just a few days ago

Specs:
    CPU: 4930k - 6 core - 12 threads
    CPU cooler: H110 - Pull config
    Ram: 16gb 4x4 corsair platinum
    PSU: Cooler Master V1000 1000w+ 80+
    GPU: 2x msi 780 lightning
    SSD's: 2x intel 180gb SSD's
    Fans: Bitfenix spectre pro - white led
    Fan controller: Scythe Kaze Master Pro
    Case: Corsair 540 air
    Motherboard: Asus lga2011 X79 - Deluxe
    Last edited by Murreh; 2014-02-23 at 10:29 AM.

Looks very clean and tidy just how I like it. If the lightning led color was white or even yellow with that build I would be in love

Deleted
    @Murreh, that is B.E.A.UTIFUL.

Im looking to do something similar to my next build/edit my current one

Thanks for the kind words people, such words just fuels me to advance the build even more.. got some plans for it in the future

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murreh View Post
    here's some better pictures of mine, let me know what ya think,
    A tad too blingy for my taste. But I can't dispute the fact the build is clean and very able. Good stuff, sir.
    You didn't list your perhipherals though.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    A tad too blingy for my taste. But I can't dispute the fact the build is clean and very able. Good stuff, sir.
    You didn't list your perhipherals though.

nothing much to say..

currently got the computer hooked up to a philips 3 side ambilight TV (7000 series), a BenQ 24" monitor and a 17" "extra" monitor. Will be buying a 1440p or a 120/144hz monitor next month.

G5 mouse, G510 keyboard, G35 headset and logitech 4.1 speakers for movies etc

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Murreh View Post
    here's some better pictures of mine, let me know what ya think, finished just a few days ago
    looks really nice and clean
    but im pretty sure you just need 1 SLI bridge there are also some black solid sli bridges which look just a notch nicer, maybe you can get one of these. other than that sick rig & sick build

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravewyrm View Post
    O.o Im going to assume that you did not leave the Raidr slammed right up against that GTX? zero airflow for that card with that arrangement?
    "airflow" gets thrown around alot on computer forums with little regard for what it means, after taking a fluid dynamics class i found that 90% of the time in computers it's marketing BS, a good example is the FT02 vs the HAF, the FT02 is way better in what i would call smart airflow, as in airflow that actually does something

blocking the side of a GPU like that is not going to affect temps or reduce airflow, even if it was completely blocked, there is still enough of a gap between the cards to let air go through, what you end up with is a low pressure zone on one side of the fan, that's it

Quote Originally Posted by ZarG View Post
    looks really nice and clean
    but im pretty sure you just need 1 SLI bridge there are also some black solid sli bridges which look just a notch nicer, maybe you can get one of these. other than that sick rig & sick build

i got the Asus "solid" sli bridge laying around, havent tried if it fits, as the lightning is slightly bigger than 2 slots.

also im fully aware 1 bridge is enough, its just for the looks