Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Corrupted ashbringer ever been in BMAH?

Has that weapon ever been in bmah? It is probably the most wanted weapon in the game, and I personally think it should not have been removed from the game to begin with. It does not break the "integrity" of the game more than Deathwing spreading destruction in Azeroth even though he is defeated etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure Blizzard said adding it into the game was a mistake in the first place, I think they would prefer to keep it as exclusive as possible, could be wrong though.

i thought Ashbringer was mistake not c0rrupted. i heard some people said they have seen it up on there. also dont explain how few dks have it also

Quote Originally Posted by Noix View Post
    i thought Ashbringer was mistake not c0rrupted. i heard some people said they have seen it up on there. also dont explain how few dks have it also
    Do they have the actual weapon or just something transmogged to look like it ?
    Because if the latter there were some players who took advantage of a bug which allowed cross-player transmog via trading.
    A looted item which had the ability to be traded between players for the 2-hour duration was transmogged by the owner of the Ashbringer, and then traded back to the intended recipient who did not have one.
    The transmog effect remained intact.

That has long since been fixed, but those who took advantage as far as I am aware did not have the effect removed.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Well, unfortunately TheUndermineJournal has discontinued their BMAH tracking, otherwise it would be really easy to check. Anyone know any other sites that record this kind of thing?

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Do they have the actual weapon or just something transmogged to look like it ?
    Because if the latter there were some players who took advantage of a bug which allowed cross-player transmog via trading.
    A looted item which had the ability to be traded between players for the 2-hour duration was transmogged by the owner of the Ashbringer, and then traded back to the intended recipient who did not have one.
    The transmog effect remained intact.

That has long since been fixed, but those who took advantage as far as I am aware did not have the effect removed.
    yea i know about the bug, I want to say i think so, but this was few months ago give or take.

It's never been up there. People have claimed that both this and the Black Battle Tank has been posted but nobody has ever proved it nor does wowhead reflect this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I petitioned for the Arcanite Ripper to come back through the BMAH, Blizzard was Happy to add that back (I already had it from the scourge event, but I always got whispers like ALL DAY from it.. http://wow.dacoolist.com/ ) - But I would REALLY LOVE to see some people have this model in game. I've literally only seen it 3 times, in over 7 years of play time!

I think its probably one of those things you won't see. Blizzard probably should of never had it as a drop to begin with, certainly not just an epic anyways. I know since they have said there are certain weapons that players will probably never get to use, Frostmourne is one, Ashbringer is another ( the non-corrupted version anyways).

10+ Year Old Account
    No. But hopefully some day it'll be in there or we'll get another item with a similar appearance.

Deleted
    They could make smart use of their in game shop and sell the corrupted ashbringer for a few bucks.
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2014-02-24 at 04:03 PM.

Deleted
    Corrupted Ashbringer dropped in Naxxramas 60 back in the days. It has not ever appeared on the BMAH. ''How do you know that'' you might ask, well, with todays technology and the things we are able to datamine and the community we have, this information would have appeared really, really fast.

Players could claim Corrupted Ashbringer in Naxxramas 60.

The cleansed Ashbringer, which is just named Ashbringer, has never, ever been in player hands. The rumours said that you could cleanse the Corrupted Ashbringer, but they were all false.

Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    Has that weapon ever been in bmah?
    No. Any reports that it, along with the Black Qiraji Battle Tank, ever appeared on the BMAH or from the containers are hoaxes.

It is probably the most wanted weapon in the game, and I personally think it should not have been removed from the game to begin with. It does not break the "integrity" of the game more than Deathwing spreading destruction in Azeroth even though he is defeated etc.
    2h Sword model maybe. I'd much rather have the Alliance Grand Insanity or whatever bow from ToGC 50 lockout remaining chest. Another model I wish was obtainable is the Green reskin of the DK's Greatsword of the Ebon Blade that was going to be a crafted 200 ilvl tank weapon but got scrapped.

Deleted
    I heard arcanite ripper is in BMAH

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    They could make smart use of their in game shop and sell the corrupted ashrbringer for a few bucks.
    The day it will happen will be the day these forums will boil a little bit more than usual.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    I heard arcanite ripper is in BMAH
    yeah it was up yesterday on Archimonde Fr.
    Long time left to go, already 100k gold.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    The day it will happen will be the day these forums will boil a little bit more than usual.
    I hope that sword will come in store if we cant get it anymore in game

Blizzard, i am willing to pay 100 euros for Corrupted ashbringer transmog.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    yeah it was up yesterday on Archimonde Fr.
    Long time left to go, already 100k gold.
    Was up on Medivh(US) couple days ago too, dunno what it went for but I know it starts at 70k

People only want what they cant have, if it was readily available to everyone then hardly anyone would bother. Its the same with things like Bloodfang set on rogues, it looks amazing but every man and his dog has it transmoged. It should stay extremely rare IMO, it makes it all the more epic when you see someone strolling around with it. My two cents

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eiserne Drossel View Post
    The cleansed Ashbringer, which is just named Ashbringer, has never, ever been in player hands. The rumours said that you could cleanse the Corrupted Ashbringer, but they were all false.
    Well no not really. Alliance players do get a chance to hold ashbringer... in a certain obscure way. There is a quest in Howling Fjord called "Guided by Honor" where a player is tasked to retrieve a "sacred artifact" from Utgarde Catacombs. Upon returning it to the camp site, a closeby masked cleric reveals himself to be none other than Tirion Fordring himself and equips the artifact which turns out to be Ashbringer.

So yeah people do get a hold on it for a while. I wouldnt be suprised if some serious lore junkies would get out of their way to start this quest and never finish it just to keep their hands on it in hopes blizzard might do some bizzare update to this quest where that quest item will be ashbringer with some timer on it.
    Last edited by mmocac96309fe0; 2014-02-24 at 03:59 PM.