Suggestion regarding boosted 90's "tutorial"

As it stands right now, when you create a boosted level 90 character, accounts that already have a level 90 will totally bypass this starter area or tutorial.

On the other hand, new accounts will have access to this tutorial and start with a few abilities, and gain some as they progress, which is a great way to learn the class without feeling overwhelmed.

I think this tutorial should be available to both veterans and new players. Not all veterans have played every single class, but make it optional (only for veterans). It would also allow us to feel less overwhelmed and have an easier time learning the class.

To quote the post:

Blizzard wants players to be able to use this feature [level 90 boost] but also understands that there's a danger to see poorly played characters because of a lack of knowledge.

Do you agree? If not, why?

Please bump or sign the post on the blizzard forums! Thank you!
    Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/11836963949

Deleted
    I never found playing before max level really relevant, because you don't have all of your spells, and because some of them will radically change how you use the others, I think having all the spells directly is still the best way to learn, at least it's the fastest way.

Maybe they should force new players on reading their spells haha

I think if its your first 60+, of that class, on your account, then you should have to go through the tutorial as well.

After all, blizzard said that 60+ is apparently a "veteran," so everyone who isnt a veteran of that class should at least take part in that tutorial as well. It seems like a short thing anyways, and I would like it if I boosted a new class straight up from level 1. 30 new spells and talents out of nowhere can be overwelming, even to a current player.

When the scroll of resurrection thing happened. I boosted a warlock from level 1 to 80, I had no clue what I was doing at all, until about a week in after 85. Thankfully the leveling from 80-85 made me learn a little bit about my rotation, but even then, having the experience of getting my spells one by one would have made me understand my class then slightly better. If it wasnt for the 5 levels I had to level, then I would have given up raiding on that character a week into it entirely.
    Last edited by cityguy193; 2014-02-24 at 12:06 AM.
    Chronomancer Club

Deleted
    Well, tutorial for totally new players and old players playing new class should be different. Newbies should have something similar to first 10 lvls while players with new boosted class should have something like proving grounds.

I wonder how long this tutorial will take and what lore will be behind tutorial zone/questline...

Quote Originally Posted by bach0r View Post
    I wonder how long this tutorial will take and what lore will be behind tutorial zone/questline...
    I imagine it to be similar to the DK starting zone, but with "training" quests that would break the ice and keep you in the right direction by teaching you the rotation and abilities/cooldowns etc.

I don't think it would really take more than an hour, unless you decide to take your time and practice more in 'Tutorial Land'.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's exactly what I thought too! I'm planning on boosting a warlock which I've never played before so for me the "tutorial" would be good. They really should make it an option for us "veteran" players too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bach0r View Post
    Well, tutorial for totally new players and old players playing new class should be different. Newbies should have something similar to first 10 lvls while players with new boosted class should have something like proving grounds.

I think at Blizzcon they said that the "tutorial" will be the first part of WoD, where we try to destroy the Dark Portal on Draenor before we go to Frostfire/Shadowmoon

Quote Originally Posted by jiggler View Post
    I think at Blizzcon they said that the "tutorial" will be the first part of WoD, where we try to destroy the Dark Portal on Draenor before we go to Frostfire/Shadowmoon
    That would definitely be pretty cool!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifra View Post
    I imagine it to be similar to the DK starting zone, but with "training" quests that would break the ice and keep you in the right direction by teaching you the rotation and abilities/cooldowns etc.

I don't think it would really take more than an hour, unless you decide to take your time and practice more in 'Tutorial Land'.
    You really think it's going to be DK Starting Zone 2.0 with its own lore and everything? That seems like so much work and something that EVERYONE would want to play through, not just newbies. Instead I was thinking it'd be the same starting Draenor quest everyone does, only with extra tips and ability gating. It's not like a level 90 rogue (for example) will need much more spells besides sinister strike and eviscerate to complete the opening quests. So they'll probably start out with just those 2. Then when you complete a quest you get 2 more abilities, and 2 more for another quest, etc.