Help improve my playing (Disc)

Hello everyone,

I am working fairly hard on a disc priest alt lately and I was wondering if you guys could give me any tips on improving my playing. I am currently working on the meta-gem and cloak so that should help a fair amount. I seem to be doing fairly well but I want to know if I can make any improvements. I have attached a WoL from a achievement run last night

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/l3hxq7hg7kyfv7mv/

Any advice you guys can provide would be awesome

Thank you!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rcenter/simple (Armory profile)

10+ Year Old Account
    You seem to be doing fairly well imo, your spell priorities seem solid, your gemming and reforging is on par for what you've got. Once you get some better itemized pieces and some more practice you'll be disc-ing with the best. Just make sure you're not losing too many global cooldowns to moving or not casting and you'll only get better.

If you'd really like some constructive criticism:
    Replace the orange gem in they yellow socket in your gloves with a yellow crit gem.
    Replace your healer spell thread with the cerulean caster spell thread.
    Any pieces that have say int, spirit, crit or int, spirit, mastery; reforge the spirit into either crit or mastery, whichever is not on the piece, rather than reforging say mastery into crit. (Be mindful of this until you get the legendary meta tho, it's a huge mana savings and really helps with low spirit builds, especially since I'm assuming it's a new class for you)

Those are all really minor and you seem to know what you're doing so keep practicing doing what you're doing and thinking about your abilities and what will best counter the encounter.
    Last edited by Nasirah; 2014-02-24 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Missing wordzzz

Deleted
    Looks ok so far. Remember you need to change your t90 talents. Divine star is nice but on immerseus its not gonna do anything for you. Better using cascade. The 1 major thing i see is you need to use Archangel more. You can improve on that alot for example on iron jug an almost 9min fight you used it only 3 times. Get something to track when it comes of CD and use it on CD with the 2pc bonus 10% crit isnt something to be past up. Aside from some badly optimized gear with all that haste you have. Everything seems just fine you have most of it down well.

Swap to 320 crit gem in gloves and your Thok ring. Stop using Renew and Greater Heal (only fine combined with Inner Focus). Only cast Prayer of Healing if you know it will heal the entire group (4 might be fine idk). Use Archangel on CD with 2-set bonus. Smite more. Then more Smites.

Your spirit is on the lower side without the legendary meta and a mana regen trinket so go for whatever level you're comfortable with even before crit and definitely before mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadohw View Post
    Divine star is nice but on immerseus its not gonna do anything for you. Better using cascade.
    Halo for Immerseus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    Halo for Immerseus.
    On HC when you can hit everyone during the debuff phase sure maybe, but on normal 10man atleast then the blobs hit the center cascade will better more reliable with hitting the entire raid. With my priest at least i can get AA back up for the blob phases and a pennance pretty much full heals 1 and a gheal or flash heal pretty much gets another with life grip for a 3rd healing blob.

All that really matters on Immerseus is healing blobs and Halo is by far the best talent for that.

Deleted
    Why waste healing potential of a t90 talent when disc priests have more than enough to heal them without issues.

Deleted
    I've never found Cascade to be useful in the slightest for Immerseus. On normal difficulty, Halo is far superior for healing the blobs. On heroic, I used Divine Star for a little bit due to our initial placement and handling of the debuff that is passed through DPSing. Upon changing strategies and healing composition I now use Halo (note, 10 man difficulty) because being able to reasonably cover one hemisphere of the circle during the split phase with healing is much more useful as we only use two healers on all of our encounters. This necessitates healing five or six blobs sometimes.

Disc also doesn't really have a fantastic way to heal them without issues on heroic difficulty since all that crit you are stacking is effectively useless unless I am terribly mistaken.

Thank you for the advice I will keep track of archangel a little better. That it on jugg fight we were told to stop DPs for the achievement so we could get the bombs. I'll change out the gems.

Question when I get the meta gem what do you guys normally cast? Its not a very long proc, just poh spam?

Also I'll try halo on immersus next should be able to hit a lot of them. Do you reccomend 4p for disc I have been looking at it and it doesn't seem that it would be that good.

Thanks for the help again!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fungisfeer View Post
    Question when I get the meta gem what do you guys normally cast? Its not a very long proc, just poh spam?
    Your level 90 talent if possible (this can be a huge amount of mana saving if it is Halo that you use) and as many PW:S as you can. This works even better if you get lucky with Rapture timing.

Do you reccomend 4p for disc I have been looking at it and it doesn't seem that it would be that good.
    The two piece is much more essential. I've not had the luxury of getting enough pieces to even try the four piece bonus but judging from what I've heard it is hardly essential.

Why waste healing potential of a t90 talent when disc priests have more than enough to heal them without issues.
    Divine Aegis makes the fight a pain in the ass for Disc. You can put 3 Flash Heals on a blob and still not have it topped off yet. Most hybrid specs can outperform Disc for that job. Sure, you might crit with Halo but you might also heal up 3-4 blobs to 100%. It's the only tool Disc has got to be any useful on that fight.

Quote Originally Posted by fungisfeer View Post
    Cascade/Halo/PW:S. PoH spam during LMG procs is fine on fights like Norushen or Thok stack phase but other than that you should never really blanket PoH.

Do you reccomend 4p for disc I have been looking at it and it doesn't seem that it would be that good.
    All other Conq specs benefit more from 4p than Disc so might as well pass on tier after you've gotten your 2p bonus. There's also great off pieces to grab that should outvalue a 4-set. When you start reaching full heroic gear you can rely more heavily on Atonement so the Spirit/Mastery on all set pieces as well as the actual 4 set bonus becomes kinda redundant.

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but I'd like some help too. Didn't see stickies for disc priests or anything, would rather not make an entire new thread for something that isn't that big of a deal.

On our 10m raids, we have a disc priest, a holy paladin and a restoration shaman, and our priest seems to fall behind on every encounter. Granted, the other two outgear him, but I feel it's been just a bit lacking...

Here's logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-lqj50p0hsnbnhe4g/ (there are more logs of previous dates/etc), and here's armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tizya/advanced

I can be completely wrong about his performance though, and he's doing fine. I just know nothing about healing to be able to make a judgement, I can only base myself on numbers I get on recount I guess, so any help is greatly appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Halo is both offensive and defensive for the blobs , which is awesome you can cover the big platform with one halo then go heal or dps blobs on another platform , specially with void tendril , my spriest and our disc priest can almost solo the blob phase with good rng in both normal and hc.

- - - Updated - - -

If you have issue maximizing halo's potential I suggest getting a range check add-on, so you are 25 yard away from target