Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Fastest possible way to do RAF

Need to quickly powerlevel a character with a friend via RAF.
    Another friend who is 90 can boost us through the dungeons.
    How much exp is gained when someone in your party is level 90? Does that make it very low?

Example: Friend 1 and I are level 20, doing Deadmines. Friend 2 (level 90, or 80, he has a lvl 80 toon) blasts through it while we /follow.
    1) Is the exp per mob smaller, the same, or bigger than if we were in a random dungeon group of 5 level 20s?
    2) If smaller how much?
    3) As we are going through the dungeon at breakneck speeds, will the speed make up for the potentially low exp gain becouse there is a level 80 character in the group?
    4) At what level CAN we /follow a level 80 character and get good exp?
    5) What if we soloed (duoed) the instances (just me and Friend 1) how would the exp gain be then?

Or is it faster to just use the dungeon finder?

Thanks
    Last edited by mmoc23262ad029; 2014-02-22 at 08:16 AM.

you'll get a 1 1/2 a level using dungeon finder

about half or less each run from 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Demona3 View Post
    My ass tends to hurt after 23 hours of play.............

Deleted
    Ok, I just had another idea:

5) What if we SOLOED (Duoed) the instances? How would the exp gain be then? :P

you cant go too fast anyway cos of the dungeon limit per hour the exp gain is pretty decent even with lvl 90 running. The dungeon quests are the main exp gain so if you can be bothered flying around a lot then its good

Last time I tried to do it, I found that using a max level toon to annihilate dungeons was the most efficient XP/hour gain, right up until the point you got locked out of creating new instances. Then the down time costs you so much that it's actually faster to just use LFD.

Deleted
    Get the 90 to run you through every instance, if he has a 2 seater mount he can fly to the instance with either you or your friend and you can use the RAF summon.

The bulk of experience comes from the quests inside the instances, you can get like 2-4 levels from them alone. Especially the ones that you can complete as the run goes on (like in Shadowfang Keep). The mob exp is decent too considering theres a 90 in the group.

Also do the Arena in Zul'drak, that's about 2 levels of quests and really fast.

Also don't grant any levels, if you get 2 characters to 80 then you have 80 levels to boost (40 per char) so your friend can have an instant 80 for nothing.
    Last edited by mmocbd02567a48; 2014-02-22 at 08:57 AM.

Deleted
    What about soloing, just the two of us? That solves the downtime problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by llandrywyn View Post
    Last time I tried to do it, I found that using a max level toon to annihilate dungeons was the most efficient XP/hour gain, right up until the point you got locked out of creating new instances. Then the down time costs you so much that it's actually faster to just use LFD.
    Does the dungeon finder also lock you out if you have done too many instances? Or can we boost 5 dungeons and then use LFD until the locks cool off?

- - - Updated - - -

bump 10 chars

For me LFD is the fastest since the xp at the end (the bonus xp for using the LFD) is also X3... You gain like 4-5 levels just by doing ragefire (quests included).

Homophobia is so gay.

1-70, you're best off doing normal LFD runs. It helps if you level up as a healer+tank, or at least healer+DPS.

If you have a level 90 friend on a different account:
    - At 60, you can run each outlands dungeon once (go in order), and you'll be done before you finish Auchindoun. Stop and do Ring of Blood at 65ish.
    - at 70, do the same thing for WotLK dungeons. Stop and do Amphitheater of Anguish at 75ish, or just on your way to one of the troll instances. Skip Violet Hold for obvious reasons.
    - At 80, do BRC 2 times, Stonecore 2 times, then Vortex Pinacle once. After that, do Crucible of Carnage and then finish up in Grim Batol (shouldn't even take the full run).

I've done this with my own characters to level them up to boost my monk, and I've helped friends do it. If you're quick and your 90 is a good class for soloing old dungeons, 60-85 takes like 2 hours.

15+ Year Old Account
    Your fastest way is leveling together. If i really wanted to i could get to 90 within 5 days, considering i was a healing/tank class.

I just leveled 12 chars to 86 through RAF so...

Quickest way is to chain pull an instances using two rafed accounts and a high level (85-90)

do this 5 times and you'll hit the max instance cap- then queue for LFD until you can queue for another 5 instances.

Download the mod "Saved Instances" and it will tell you when you can have the 90 run you through more instances.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by paperbowser View Post
    I just leveled 12 chars to 86 through RAF so...

Quickest way is to chain pull an instances using two rafed accounts and a high level (85-90)

do this 5 times and you'll hit the max instance cap- then queue for LFD until you can queue for another 5 instances.

Download the mod "Saved Instances" and it will tell you when you can have the 90 run you through more instances.
    Oh I wasn't aware that the instance cap does not incoude LFD. Awesome, will do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanberry View Post
    1-70, you're best off doing normal LFD runs. It helps if you level up as a healer+tank, or at least healer+DPS.

- At 60, you can run each outlands dungeon once (go in order), and you'll be done before you finish Auchindoun. Stop and do Ring of Blood at 65ish.
    - at 70, do the same thing for WotLK dungeons. Stop and do Amphitheater of Anguish at 75ish, or just on your way to one of the troll instances. Skip Violet Hold for obvious reasons.
    - At 80, do BRC 2 times, Stonecore 2 times, then Vortex Pinacle once. After that, do Crucible of Carnage and then finish up in Grim Batol (shouldn't even take the full run).

I've done this with my own characters to level them up to boost my monk, and I've helped friends do it. If you're quick and your 90 is a good class for soloing old dungeons, 60-85 takes like 2 hours.
    That's great info, thanks.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quickest way is to just play together queuing for dungeons... While also using a Elixir of Ancient Knowledge

The Elixir actually triples, your triple XP. So say without RaF you get 9K XP. With RaF you get 27K XP, and with RaF and the potion, you get 81K XP.

So as you can see, the XP gains are ridiculous. To put that into perspective, me and a friend levelled from 58 - 68 (through all of BC) in 20 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoeii View Post
    I hereby would like to nominate this person for the tool award.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuravolpe View Post
    Only if we get a pet for the disaster that was your parents deciding to breed.

Anyone know any good grinding spots as well? I've recently reactivated my second account, and would like to use 90s from one to level lowbies on the other. (No RAF anymore).

Quote Originally Posted by jabulaniman View Post
    Ok, I just had another idea:

5) What if we SOLOED (Duoed) the instances? How would the exp gain be then? :P

Huge. If you can do it. Tank/healer is your only option. Or tank + dps that can heal, in full BOA gear. It is going to be slower than with a group though. And you have to run to the dungeons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FreddyLee View Post
    Quickest way is to just play together queuing for dungeons... While also using a Elixir of Ancient Knowledge

The Elixir actually triples, your triple XP. So say without RaF you get 9K XP. With RaF you get 27K XP, and with RaF and the potion, you get 81K XP.

So as you can see, the XP gains are ridiculous. To put that into perspective, me and a friend levelled from 58 - 68 (through all of BC) in 20 minutes.
    This is false. XP caps at 300%. Even BOAs dont matter, except they are good gear and level with you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanberry View Post

Thank you for the tip!

i think just doing lfd is the fastest way.

I just started RaF with a guy on my server. Both are in level 25 guilds and both of us have full heirlooms. Including time sitting around in town and working on my skinning while he was offline, we hit 85 in 17 hours. Once we hit level 15 all we did was queue for dungeons. Each dungeon, especially if you get queued into one where you can get quests, rewarded us with 3-5 levels on average. It was pretty crazy. After 2 dungeons on our second set of toons, we are both at level 26. Getting ran by a 90 I feel would greatly lessen the xp, especially if you get locked out due to too many instances.

Random dungeons with one being a tank or healer is the fastest way to level RAF. Running to the instances takes too much time and if you clear them too quickly then you hit the 5 per hour limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    Huge. If you can do it. Tank/healer is your only option. Or tank + dps that can heal, in full BOA gear. It is going to be slower than with a group though. And you have to run to the dungeons.

- - - Updated - - -

This is false. XP caps at 300%. Even BOAs dont matter, except they are good gear and level with you.
    You are 300% wrong. I did this very thing myself not a week ago. I can confirm that exp bonuses do not cap. It was ridiculous how fast we leveled. We went from sunken temple all the way to halls of lightning before the elixir ran out. Overall though, not worh the time it took us to farm the 2 elixirs.