Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Titanfall = 48 GB install for PC, 40 GB for Xbox One

https://twitter.com/VinceZampella/st...80161263153152

Wow! And I thought COD Ghosts had a big install..

At the least the game is damn good though.

Deleted
    Cool, I guess?

Whats the difference between COD and Titanfall?

The download size.
    Chronomancer Club

Does it also come on DVD/Blu-ray/
    That's almost 1/6th of my monthly bandwith :P and i usually use 250-280 a month just in a regular month heh

God that is huge, I wonder why.. Still getting it none the less digital

With that size I'm expecting at least 100 map, or more than wow's content/worldsize.

I have a feeling I'll be disappointed. // Probbly gunna stick to hawken.
    Last edited by DarkAztaroth; 2014-02-25 at 06:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My Australian Internet cried at the thought of that.

Get used to it for current-gen games, but at least the download is 21GB.

Killzone was close to 40GB, the first DLC (along with fixes) for Dead Rising 3 was 13GB. With higher resolution textures, more high quality uncompressed audio, and in general more going on under the hood, game file sizes are going to be getting pretty huge.

It's why a digital only future for current-gen would have been an unmitigated disaster, as tons of people still don't have access to internet without data caps (some as low as 50-100GB a month), and others don't even have access to broadband. I know that with watching videos/netflix and the occasional game download I struggle to stay under 300GB a month.

The PS4 thankfully has replaceable internal drives, so you can easily swap in a 3TB drive and be good for a while, however Xbox One users are currently up shits creek without a paddle. Titanfall alone takes up 10% of the internal HDD, which you apparently can't swap out. Both consoles are definitely going to need support for external storage, especially the Xbox One. Oddly enough, only Nintendo supports that this generation with the Wii U >.>

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    My Australian Internet cried at the thought of that.
    You and me both buddy

Fuck this 19th century infrastructure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's why a digital only future for current-gen would have been an unmitigated disaster, as tons of people still don't have access to internet without data caps (some as low as 50-100GB a month), and others don't even have access to broadband. I know that with watching videos/netflix and the occasional game download I struggle to stay under 300GB a month.
    Read this and weep.

Telstra's the biggest ISP in Australia. Entry level plans - 5Gb cap. $70 a month.

https://www.telstra.com.au/bundles/index.htm#select
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bit bigger then i expected but nothing too far fetched imo but that will suck for people with data caps.

What do you mean still? I just had a data cap put in place this year. There is literally no competition in my market for speeds higher than 5mb/s. Yes, megabit. Which makes very clear that the recent net-neut ruling in the US was made by an idiot of a judge.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Read this and weep.

Telstra's the biggest ISP in Australia. Entry level plans - 5Gb cap. $70 a month.

Yeah, Australia gets the absolute shit end of the stick on this. Never get local servers so almost always have to connect to NA servers and internet that seems like it came out of the late 90's : /

48 GB for a multiplayer only game. That's horrendous.

My BF4 file is 34GB, and that's with the single player AND 2 expansion packs installed.

the xbox one better get external hdd support soon with this game im gonna be close to only 200gb left and the system has only been out for a few months

That's pretty crazy. I guess it's going to be the case for the foreseeable future though, the bigger and more detailed these games are the more space they'll require. Figure Doom II came out 10 years ago and required 17mb. Now a decade later things are requiring over 40GB, makes me wonder where we'll be in another decade. Feels like things can't improve much from this point, but still.

Glad I download things fast heh.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    In comparison, TESO is 60gb, and that is an MMO with open world.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    In comparison, TESO is 60gb, and that is an MMO with open world.
    The previous beta weekend client was a 22GB download and sits in my HDD at 30GB. Not sure where you're getting 60GB from >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Remove all the super duper grafic and game will have 5 giga . 90% of a space is junk anyway nowdays.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    You and me both buddy

Fuck this 19th century infrastructure.

- - - Updated - - -

Read this and weep.

Wow, that's insane... Got no cap here, 100Mbit/s up and download, costs me 30 euro a month. I can pay an additional 20 euro and get 1000Mbit/s instead, also no cap at all.

On topic: 48GB for a multiplayer FPS game? Cool.

Deleted
    The previous beta weekend client was a 22GB download and sits in my HDD at 30GB. Not sure where you're getting 60GB from >.>
    22 GB download size, but you acutally need ~60 GB harddisk-space to install the game ... for whatever reason