Poll: How much is too much?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Blizzard Store: How much is too much?

Let me start off by saying that I currently do not believe anything Blizzard is doing is Pay2Win. However, after thinking about it, I came across a question: How much is too much?

Whenever someone said X was P2W, I would measure it individually and say something along the lines of, "It's only X. It's not a big deal". But now after weighing how things are now, is there a point where it will be too much?

As of right now (or close enough):
    • Level 90 Boost
    • Mounts
    • Pets
    • Cosmetic Armor

So far, I'd say even with all of those, it's perfectly fine. But what of the future? If Blizzard lets you buy profession boost too, would you be okay with it? If yes, would you be okay with the store no matter how many different things get added?

This is less about Pay2Win and more about how many luxuries can be put on the store before you have an issue with it.

I'm just curious to see your points of view.

Quote Originally Posted by SlashRandom View Post

I'm just curious to see your points of view.
    One more thread on the same topic is too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    I checked the first few pages, maybe I missed it. Mind linking one of those that is asking exactly what I am? It would do me wonders.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm fine with quite a lot, as long as it's optional and the change does not influence regular gameplay.

For example, if the lvl 90 boost also made it so that the 1-90 experience was a lot longer/grindier, that would be bad.
    That's not the case, however, so it's just optional fluff.

If store mounts meant that normal in-game mounts were hard to obtain, bad. Not the case.

If they keep it this way, I don't see a problem with even more store stuff.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as it is not pay to win there is nothing wrong with them expanding the store as far as they can, and I hope they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    And yet you felt the need to add to the thread

Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    I'm fine with quite a lot, as long as it's optional and the change does not influence regular gameplay.

For example, if the lvl 90 boost also made it so that the 1-90 experience was a lot longer/grindier, that would be bad.
    That's not the case, however, so it's just optional fluff.

If store mounts meant that normal in-game mounts were hard to obtain, bad. Not the case.

If they keep it this way, I don't see a problem with even more store stuff.
    That's currently my stance on it. It just got me wondering if there are any people who aren't necessarily against the shop, but only as long as it has a very limited number of things.

I dont care about the pets,the mount or the vanity stuff

Selling level 90's, no way, why don'T you just nerf the experience.
    The idea of selling profession boost, no way.
    This is going to affect the economy

I don't have anything against the shop. I only buy things from it very rarely, though, and I'm pretty sure I'll never drop cash on a level 90 boost. With that said, the only line in the sand which I'm willing to draw is any sort of item that makes you more competitive in an end-game raid. Everything else, I will evaluate on a case-by-case basis to decide whether I'm okay with it or not. Thus far they have not added anything - or threatened to add anything - which I'm not okay with, given the context of the addition.

As long as they don't sell raid gear or achievements, I appreciate the stores. The leveling 60 dollar 90 will be the best thing in there second only to the authenticator. Bye bye 45 hours of mind numbing boredom. LFR PVP, NM HM is where the fun is at.

WoW has already gone P2W, so I don't care.
    I mean I've always thought that the people from the MMO-Champion community were crazy dumb but really? Transmog helms are pay to win? Cinder Kittens and mounts are pay to win? Level 90s that have just enough gear to get by are pay to win? Do people even know what pay to win is? Pay to win is have a unfair advantage to EVERYONE else that doesn't pay money, not just people who can't be fucked to level an alt and gear it a little. Also, selling level 90s is in no way a "nerf" to the experience of playing the game. If people don't want to quest then they won't quest. If people don't want to put up with idiotic Brazilians that don't know how to play the game then they won't have to. Paid level 90s in no way cheapens your own personal experience because guess what....YOU DON'T HAVE TO BUY ONE.

10+ Year Old Account
    On character benefits: As long as it doesn't interfere with end game raiding, I'm pretty much OK with it. This also means no JP/VP or HP/CP boosts.

Regarding mounts, pets and gear: They shouldn't make all in-game mounts or old tier sets & weapons purchasable. I love going back to old content and getting stuff for characters I didn't play back then

My definition of P2W in the case of WoW is:
    - adding any item or character boost that gives the player an advantage in terms of climbing the progressladder vs players who do not use that option

Currently:
    - since "everyone" already is 90 and we are at the end of an expansion while the last boss has been downed on heroic, there is no P2W, there is no advantage

If:
    - we are at the start of MoP hours before launch or during the first week and Blizzard decides to give players the option of being instantly 90, then it is pay to win cause people could in theory still catch up and get a nice rank on the world ladder in the first tier.

In short I would rather have Blizzard adding things ingame (such as a free pet or mount at their anniversary) then things going into a shop that you need to pay extra cash for ontop of your sub. But since they do not and I am not forced to pay for those mounts if I don't like or want them, I am fine with it.

Deleted
    That is too much --> That <----

10+ Year Old Account
    Unique skinned pets, mounts and (cosmetic) armor is fine..
    XP potion (for Asia) is in the grey, as it already exists as a drop in the game, but IMO shouldn't exist at all.
    Level Boost to (currently) 90, is an atrocity, and a blunder, Blizzard should remove before it becomes available.

NOTHING that gives a player an advantage in-game, should be in the shop. And level speed/skipping IS an in-game advantage. So is any puece of gear with stats on it..

In b4 anyone compares heirloom gear to xp potion: Fine, remove the XP bonus from heirlooms, as long as we still have the stats...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Level Boost to (currently) 90, is an atrocity, and a blunder, Blizzard should remove before it becomes available.

NOTHING that gives a player an advantage in-game, should be in the shop. And level speed/skipping IS an in-game advantage. So is any puece of gear with stats on it..
    And how, exactly, is getting a random level 90 an advantage? The level cap will be 100, and even if it wasn't it's not like the level 90 will be raid geared or PvP geared when you buy it. So really, what's the advantage?

Regardless, I don't really care what they sell aside from actual gear. Cosmetic stuff is fine, level 90s are fine, XP potions are fine, they could sell a thousand pets, mounts and transmog items and level 100s and it wouldn't matter at all. Nobody gains anything by having those things, so I really don't care if people want to buy them. Until they start selling gear, I'm not too worried about it.

WoW has now gone to the point of a new payment scheme. No, it's not P2W or F2P or Pay2Play...

WoW has gone Pay2Pay.

It affects me in ways that makes WoW enjoyable for me and that's all that needs to be said.
    Either way though, this is disgusting and I can't handle it anymore. RIP WoW, you'll be missed
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    tic stuff is fine, level 90s are fine, XP potions are fine, they could sell a thousand pets, mounts and transmog items and level 100s and it wouldn't matter at all. Nobody gains anything by having those things, so I really don't care if people want to buy them. Until they start selling gear, I'm not too worried about it.
    None of it matters, it's a game. If you want to buy a fully Heroic raid geared toon with maxed out mount and pets, what does this affect anyone?

It's shit logic like this that leads to a games slutty slutty end.
    Last edited by HeedmySpeed; 2014-02-25 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    And how, exactly, is getting a random level 90 an advantage? The level cap will be 100, and even if it wasn't it's not like the level 90 will be raid geared or PvP geared when you buy it. So really, what's the advantage?

Regardless, I don't really care what they sell aside from actual gear. Cosmetic stuff is fine, level 90s are fine, XP potions are fine, they could sell a thousand pets, mounts and transmog items and level 100s and it wouldn't matter at all. Nobody gains anything by having those things, so I really don't care if people want to buy them. Until they start selling gear, I'm not too worried about it.
    If they start selling those level 100 at the start of the expansion then I am worried. Aren't you?

It may not affect you if you aren't a competitive raider, but even then you can realise that having a level 100 at launchday would be very bad in terms of progress for competitive raiders right?

WoW has always been P2W.

You can't win without playing and you can't play without paying, so it's P2W. Simple as that.

Now add a trollface picture to this post and it's perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by HeedmySpeed View Post
    WoW has now gone to the point of a new payment scheme. No, it's not P2W or F2P or Pay2Play...

WoW has gone Pay2Pay.
    WoW has always been Pay 2 play = sub
    Your Pay2Pay notion makes not sense as you do not have to pay more then your sub if you do not want to.

Quote Originally Posted by HeedmySpeed View Post
    It affects me in ways that makes WoW enjoyable for me and that's all that needs to be said.
    Either way though, this is disgusting and I can't handle it anymore. RIP WoW, you'll be missed
    So it affects you in ways that makes WoW ENJOYABLE for you? And then you say that since they make it ENJOYABLE the game becomes disgusting and you cannot handle it anymore..... You're strange mate.

Even if you meant that the game became UNenjoyable for you... that would make not sense either. The shop has 0, zero and none effect on you or your gamingexperience. Why? Because even if the whole world has everything in that shop, you do not need nor are forced to use the shop.

So if you feel WoW is "RIP" for you, I fear for you in the real world and how you make choices in life.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrLordDariusCrowley View Post
    WoW has always been P2W.

You can't win without playing and you can't play without paying, so it's P2W. Simple as that.
    Hahaha +1.