Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    Then tell him politely to shut up or mute him in ventrilo/teamspeak, and if he does his job well I wouldnt really bother about it.

If hes an annoying person then its up to the officers wether he stays or gets replaced, at least in my guild.

Thats wrong, there are rotation bots out there that does better than the average raider.
    Bolded part is the important one - good players will ALWAYS outperform any silly bot. People that bot are lazy or simply bad.
    And in my opinion, botting is unforgivable. Whether it's someone you've raided with for a long time or not - it betrays an attitude to the game that I would not want in my team. As a guild- and raidleader myself, I would immediately remove this person from the team and the guild and announce it to the guild as well. Zero tolerance for this crap, doesn't matter if it violates ToS or not, it's pathetic and embarassing for the team and guild.

Quote Originally Posted by grede View Post
    hello to all its first time im posting on mmo-c i would have a question about an issues with a guild mate.

What would you do if you would find one of your raiders to use a bot in raids?

i sorry but i am not english so be aware on grammatical errors.
    I'd talk about him behind his back, every chance I got. Honestly though, regardless of how he/she performs it still takes the piss if everyone else is putting in effort to clear trash, i'd feel less insulted if they just afk'd.

Deleted
    due to that my discovery we have lost credibility and reputation and that had hurt me. without considering that maybe I can have little credibility changing guild
    Well you shouldn't concerned yourself with that either. You cant really prove nor prevent someone from cheating. Nobody can, unless you would get out of your way to personally scan his PC before each raid, and that would be pretty silly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Zero tolerance for this crap, doesn't matter if it violates ToS or not, it's pathetic and embarassing for the team and guild.
    Would it be pathetic and embarrasing to kick him if he was top DPS/Heals or did his job correct?

Deleted
    the fact is not doing his role with or without botting... and he's follow the people that he consider nice riader putting him at same level of nice raider.
    the problem is that my server is almost full of frozen account and atm we cannot replace ppl due to the fact that we lost credibility and maybe due to the scarcity di progress that we have to the fact that most of pugs leaving seeing that kind of issues there are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would it be pathetic and embarrasing to kick him if he was top DPS/Heals or did his job correct?
    There's nothing embarassing or pathetic about players not being very good. Everything about using bots is pathetic and embarassing. I would never tolerate that in my team or guild.

Deleted
    I take it as your server is low populated, and you cant replace him because you lost credibility (to what, and how?) following that your guild has bad progress and for that reason you have pugs leaving? I would recommend you to try recruit people instead of puging.

There's nothing embarassing or pathetic about players not being very good. Everything about using bots is pathetic and embarassing. I would never tolerate that in my team or guild.
    I never claimed that yet you make it look like I did? In the end it comes down to opinion.

Kicked, if he cant give it 100% the same as the other 9 / 24 people then why should you give him your time?

Deleted
    I take it as your server is low populated, and you cant replace him because you lost credibility (to what, and how?) following that your guild has bad progress and for that reason you have pugs leaving? I would recommend you to try recruit people instead of puging.

I never claimed that yet you make it look like I did? In the end it comes down to opinion.
    how could we do when recruit saw ppl botting in raid?
    how when who not have guild is 540 or less?
    we are stuck

i believe i will search another guild with my same progression

Deleted
    He isn't though. He's not doing ANYTHING, a program is automating it all for him.

It sounds like he trolls vent while doing his special brand of nothing. I'd g/kick immediately. Regardless of dps contributions, I would rather pug a man for a few weeks than accept such a troll. Might even find a new guild mate in doing so.

Performing well is no excuse as that performance has nothing to do with the person in question. It is that sort of thinking that is ruining the western world. We have no standards and conveniently put aside things that are fundamentally wrong because they garner results or profit. Tanking the economy through shady financial practices in selling cut priced debt? Sure, it benefits in the short term. Outsourcing your work to a more qualified worker in a developing country and taking the lions share of profit for yourself? Sure, that's ingenuity!

Botting raids is beneficial to the individual but harms the rest of the team. It creates resentment, it can give false results in terms of performance and it mocks the efforts other others who actually want to play a game rather than automate for pixels and more stats. It is not acceptable and there is no reason to not immediately g/kick. There is nothing to consider.

Deleted
    how could we do when recruit saw ppl botting in raid?
    how when who not have guild is 540 or less?
    we are stuck
    How did he "see" ppl botting in the raid exactly? Was the guy jumping around yelling "-IM A BOT LOOK IM BOTTING!"
    I have a hard time understanding that part, if you cant find people over 540 then you obviously need to help gear them to further progress
    if your realm is that badly populated you have no way finding people geared for your content (normal/heroic).

I know of some people using quest bots to level. Will not report them in this case, I know the pain after the 4th 90 and 10 or less dollars is better than 60.

Bots to get honor or farm mats I'll report. Even if farming is such a tedious activity, botting can screw with economy.

Raid-botting is insta-report for me. Don't even have to think about it.

10+ Year Old Account

My point was there is nothing defensible or debatable about botting. It is flat out cheating and not a matter of opinion. If you want to tolerate that in your guild or conveniently ignore it, it embarasses your guild and your teammates.

No. It would be pathetic if you didn't because he/she had good performance. Sucking up to a person just because they can carry the guild, and you, a bit further than the rest. The "Zero tolerance" part is based on ethics; you got to be ethical about your own actions first to seek to correct other people's mistakes obviously, and turning a blind eye just because it suits you is certainly not the way to go.

Deleted
    How did he "see" ppl botting in the raid exactly? Was the guy jumping around yelling "-IM A BOT LOOK IM BOTTING!"
    I have a hard time understanding that part, if you cant find people over 540 then you obviously need to help gear them to further progress
    if your realm is that badly populated you have no way finding people geared for your content (normal/heroic).
    sometimes its really obvious when a guy is botting, spamming everything it can and never moving from fire, when instead is not botting you see him doing lots less healing/dmg but never standing in fire... or maybe you are calling his cd and he cant answer cos he is afk... so its an immediatly a wipe...

Deleted
    Thats untolerable in my opinion, have you brought this to the officers attention? He sounds like a douchebag, and someone who's expendable.

Deleted
    by the way i dont want to judge what opinions people have on botting, forums are plenty of 3ds about why botting and about arguments about it, everyone has their own opinion. the question is how do you would behave if you discovered that you have a raider bot?

10+ Year Old Account
    by the way i dont want to judge what opinions people have on botting, forums are plenty of 3ds about why botting and about arguments about it, everyone has their own opinion. the question is how do you would behave if you discovered that you have a raider bot?
    As many have already said - simple, kick and report. Any other course of action reflects pretty poorly on your guild and raid team.

Deleted
    Thats untolerable in my opinion, have you brought this to the officers attention? He sounds like a douchebag, and someone who's expendable.
    I did it but does not care as long as can make healing / dmg . because he has no way , you probably want , to be able to replace another player. would in any way a person missing to the roster , and in the absence of obvious people would have a problem in more . by raider but I think my only options are to look elsewhere. I am looking for somewhat of a comfort / advice.

As many have already said - simple, kick and report. Any other course of action reflects pretty poorly on your guild and raid team.
    thank you very much for your advice reflect what I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    That's your opinion on the subject. Some people actually understand the benefits of bots existing in the game and understand that majority of botting doesn't actually hurt anyone. If you're super buttmad at all bots then that's you, but it doesn't mean everyone needs to do the same just because "It's against the ToS".
    So, by that wonderful, excellent logic, why play the game at all? Why have gathering materials at all? Why can't we just download bots instead of addons - they're a wonderful addition to the game, right? Just zip it. Why is it ok for some to cheat and fine for others to have to do it the hard way, then pay the owners of cheating bots for their time? Not sure why I'm actually arguing with someone on the internet over the merits of bots in a game heavily against bots, but hey, stranger things have happened. Such as your arguments thus far.