Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

No Valor or Justice Points in WoD according to article

http://www.pcgamesn.com/wow/blizzard...rlords-draenor

Seems both currencies are to be removed and loot will be purely handed out through drops.

Seems alright to me, Valor points are pretty irrelevant these days and just used to upgrade, Justice points have barely any use.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, basically, there will be NO reason to go through things like scenarios, dungeons, ect, once you have the gear from them.

I kinda LIKED upgrading.

That does beg the question though- where will you get the JP needed for hierlooms and such?
    Last edited by Raugnaut; 2014-02-25 at 08:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    So, basically, there will be NO reason to go through things like scenarios, dungeons, ect...

I kinda LIKED upgrading.
    Drops? Seems this time around they plan to release/update scenarios and dungeons to keep their value relative to new raid tiers. So plenty of incentive.

That does beg the question though- where will you get the JP needed for hierlooms and such?
    Probably change them to gold or some coins that drop somewhere Timeless Isle style.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    So, basically, there will be NO reason to go through things like scenarios, dungeons, ect...

I kinda LIKED upgrading.

Clearly, all the stuff currently requiring Justice and Valour will be changed to need something else. Though this is odd honestly, sure JP and VP were messed up in MoP, but I personally thought they aced it in Cataclysm, why not just revert it?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Maybe they'll sell em for gold? They allready sell the guild-purchased looms for gold.

Good question.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm okay with them being removed, but I do like the the point system as a supplement to drops so if you got unlucky with a particular slot, you could buy or upgrade a lower quality piece.

I also liked being able to buy trade goods with JP as we could in Cata, or convert them to HP for pvp gear.

I wonder what they are going to do with all the old gear and heirlooms that are currently purchased with JP.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm fine with them removing Valor. I hope they keep JP, remove the cap on it and just convert everything that costs valor to justice.
    That way, you can also keep the heirlooms on the same currency they're already on, I like the mix of gold vs JP needed to get them all.
    Some folks dont do so well on the "saving gold" side of things but have lots of JP to blow, so converting them all to cost gold (although they're still cheap) might not be very cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    No PVE points in WoD ?
    Sounds great to me ... Getting pve gear with points was not really exciting or even rewarding imo, since a long time.
    The addition of buyable gear in the end of BC was exciting back then but now I don't feel like the satisfaction of getting a new piece of equipment anymore when using my points, since a long time.

So I guess if the info reveals to be true, it is the way to go to make players enjoy the game even more.
    Last edited by Cæli; 2014-02-25 at 08:40 PM.

Good, everything being tied to points we have logged on our character screen is dull and unrewarding. Even worse is the fact that those points are all tied to weekly caps and whatnot, just to halt progression for more active players.

Getting rid of ilvl upgrades would be awesome. I don't mind valor being removed either. Feels like you no longer need it even if you're not raiding due to LFR and Flex.

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't much of a big change, but I enjoyed doing item upgrades. Guess we'll be saying goodbye to that, unless we can spend our bonus roll items on item upgrades? Would be kinda stupid imho.

Thank the lord!
    Currency made some amount of sense in TBC, because they were physical badges dropped by bosses. The badge system in WotLK was bloated. The points system that developed afterwards is so unrewarding and (paradoxically) at the same time over-rewarding, and frankly its existence makes the game less of an RPG. Removal of the points system and making gear available only through RPG-like avenues is something I have literally dreamed about but never thought would actually happen.

My guess is that they will offer lesser coins from daily scenarios, dungeons, heroics, and challenges. Lesser coins will be used for the weekly greater coins quest as well as all the stuff we currently use valor for. Just consolidates currency.

That's not good. Where would I get my honor to get sets for t-mog, if there's no JP conversion?

Quote Originally Posted by Subsequent View Post
    This isn't much of a big change, but I enjoyed doing item upgrades. Guess we'll be saying goodbye to that, unless we can spend our bonus roll items on item upgrades? Would be kinda stupid imho.
    Close. Here's the actual trade-off:
    “We think we can take the bonus rolls system and make it a little bit more intelligent, so that it tries to avoid giving you duplicate loots - and allow that to be the way players counteract bad RNG,” explained Hazzikostas. “It removes a little bit of the grind and a little bit of the awkwardness of the current valor system."
    So even though we're losing the obsolete VP/JP system they're going to enhance the bonus roll system to compensate.
    Last edited by Ronduwil; 2014-02-26 at 12:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

Sounds great. Specialy the part for bonus rolls. If they fix those duplicate rolls that would be great.
    I do wonder tho, how will we buy old PvP sets and all the other stuff that JP were used for.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if I like this. I actually enjoyed saving up points to trade them in for gear. It gave me a goal, something to do in WoW other than getting the best gear I can get in dungeons and then I'm stuck with mediocre blues since I don't really have time to do real raiding. I also love trading in the points for older gear for transmog, it's another thing to do when I was ever bored. Then again I'm sure Blizzard will make up something in place of that kind of system so that people who aren't able to raid all the time will still get the same quality of gear that we would get when buying with JP and VP. So it would be kind of interesting to see what they do. I just hope that if they're going to get rid of JP and VP, they replace it with a system that lets you somehow get that same high quality gear that we used to get with the points.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Ray82 View Post
    I do wonder tho, how will we buy old PvP sets and all the other stuff that JP were used for.
    Why not gold?

They were kinda usless in MoP aswell and i never liked the being able to upgrade shizzle either way.

I do however liked it back in WOTLK when it felt it was a part of the game play and it felt good to know u had a gurantee gear piece at times.

Pretty good change, beyond forced gating of gear progression they don't serve any utility these days aside from mandatory item upgrades.