Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    i play a caster, and im ok if we cant cast while moving. BUT that means they need to take away a ton of mechanics on boss fights. bc there is already a shit ton of movement for ranged. melee can almost always just stand still yet casters have to move and lose dps bc of it? its bullshit.

so fine bliz, if you want us to stand still to cast, stop forcing us to move every 5 seconds in raids.

Deleted
    "Gul'dan might even be an ally against them." Stupiest shit i have ever heard..i´m not a WoW Lore Master..but even i know he is easiest the most evil Orc of all time..and he is even corrupted when we get that..and they "Might" make him a ally ,WTF..don´t make me laugh..you even know your own lore..Blizztard...

Quote Originally Posted by Siddown View Post
    Seems to be that everyone thinks that Shaman are the only healers in this game. Maybe the point should have been a bit better, as in "healers outside of Shaman have too many instants", but when someone says "healers", using one of five classes as a counter example is a bit intellectually dishonest.

Like, take Druids, you've got Rejuv, Swiftmend, Wild Growth, Lifebloom, Tree Mode + Regrowth, Mushroom Bloom, Iron Bark, Barkskin, Bear Form + Regen and NS + Healing Touch. Outside of a silence or a stun, there's nothing a player can do to prevent a cast.
    Hold on there Flash. If you'd read my initial post you'd see that I prefaced the whole thing with referring to the healers I play (Resto Shaman, Disc Priest) and wondering what instants Blizz were talking about as I'd certainly not experienced this phenomenon with my own characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartho View Post
    "Shaman are complaining again guys, shall we look at them a bit more closely? Maybe there's some truth in what these people are saying...."

"Meh, let's just buff chain heal and healing rain then go have some lunch."

"Okey dokey!"

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiDragon91 View Post
    "Gul'dan might even be an ally against them." Stupiest shit i have ever heard..i´m not a WoW Lore Master..but even i know he is easiest the most evil Orc of all time..and he is even corrupted when we get that..and they "Might" make him a ally ,WTF..don´t make me laugh..you even know your own lore..Blizztard...
    Calm down. He just said that so the people wouldn't think so. He didn't want to spoil anything.
    EVERYDAY I'M SHUFFLIN. ┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓

Quote Originally Posted by Shockeye View Post
    We have Riptide which has a small initial heal but is primarily a HoT and we can talent to get an insta-cast spell every 90 seconds, and that shouldn't count (as it's a talent choice). Ranged DPS have more insta-casts than healers do, so that he chose to direct his comments at healers makes me uneasy.
    I play a Discipline Priest and I've got...what, two that aren't situational? One is SW:P, which is like killing something by pecking it to death by ducks, and Holy Fire, which packs up and takes its union-mandated smoke break the instant I press the button.

I mean, for pity's sake, most of the Spirit Healers on Isle of Thunder by now know me by my first name.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockeye View Post
    Hold on there Flash. If you'd read my initial post you'd see that I prefaced the whole thing with referring to the healers I play (Resto Shaman, Disc Priest) and wondering what instants Blizz were talking about as I'd certainly not experienced this phenomenon with my own characters.
    Well, if you notice two people responded to you only talking Shaman.

But I also have a Disc Priest, and there are plenty of instant casts for Disc Priests in PvP. Just off the top of my head the following aren't interruptible:
    - PoM
    - Renew
    - PW: Shield
    - Instant Flash Heals x 2 via Proc
    - Fear
    - Psi Fiend
    - Divine Star
    - PW: Barrier
    - Spectral Guise/Desperate Prayer
    - Pain Suppression
    - Archangel
    - Inner Focus + <Insert spell like Penance, Greater Heal, etc.>
    - Fade (with talents to reduce damage)

And I'm sure I'm missing some. That's a lot of instant casts for a Disc Priest. In PvP you aren't forced to hard cast all that often.

Deleted
    This is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Rekx View Post
    i play a caster, and im ok if we cant cast while moving. BUT that means they need to take away a ton of mechanics on boss fights. bc there is already a shit ton of movement for ranged. melee can almost always just stand still yet casters have to move and lose dps bc of it? its bullshit.

so fine bliz, if you want us to stand still to cast, stop forcing us to move every 5 seconds in raids.
    But thats sorta the point.

The thing is, Blizzard needs to then balance ranged dps. Their biggest issue is that normally dps works more like this:

-ranged hit hard, but are limited movement wise, and their damage drops because of moving and not being able to do anything
    -melee hit fine, and can do so while moving, so they move a lot and will be attacking continuously

What THEY try to do is make it so ranged can nuke people down super fast, but escape melee, and melee can nuke ranged down really quick and close gaps. its a mess because of PvP

I'm honestly worried about the story in Warlords.

I mean we all know Grom as the hero who saved the Orcs by killing Mannoroth back in Warcraft III.

Aren't you guys a bit worried that Grom will be a villain in this expansion? And his whole memory of being a hero will be clouded by the fact he's a villain in Warlords?

1) I am not liking these new updates at all. It feels like at Blizzcon they said one thing, and now they're going in a different direction. (Kind of like with Cataclysm).

2) They're making such a fuss about updating the old character models but truthfully they're not big of an upgrade at all, if anything the male Orc is even worse.

3)They keep pushing for changes that only they want. By all means it is their game, but if a million people want option X, and you keep pushing for Y, then maybe, MAYBE your strat is fucking flawed. Just sayin'...

4) It's becoming more and more obvious that they're just trying to milk this franchise for whatever they can, there is no spark in it anymore. They're trying to sell us "fluff" to make up for the harsh reality of the state that this game is in, which is not that good.

5) Most people that play WoW do so because they also ENJOY the story. People play an Orc because they have a connection with that particular race, or A Night Elf, or whichever u want. All of these RETCONS in WoW so far, are ludicrous. I don't care if this is a "alternate" reality that they're trying to push down our throats. There's a difference between "different" and "new" that's actually cool and makes sense, and "new" and "different" which is retarded.

The general vibe of the Warlords during Blizzcon was that while most of them will be "bad guys" part of the "iron horde" - 1 will actually be on our side, Durotan, and judging by the OFFICIAL description TEXT on the WoD site, Ner'zhul was a second possibility (description that since has been modified). Now they're making Ner'zhul a dungeon boss, and Gul'dan a possible ally. WTF. no, srsly, WTF.

Anyways, I shouldn't be getting so heated over any of this, but as a FAN of this game, I just don't appreciate the direction they're going particularly after they showcased one thing, only to change their minds AGAIN.....

cheers all
    Last edited by Shefu; 2014-02-25 at 09:18 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Siddown View Post
    Seems to be that everyone thinks that Shaman are the only healers in this game. Maybe the point should have been a bit better, as in "healers outside of Shaman have too many instants", but when someone says "healers", using one of five classes as a counter example is a bit intellectually dishonest.

Like, take Druids, you've got Rejuv, Swiftmend, Wild Growth, Lifebloom, Tree Mode + Regrowth, Mushroom Bloom, Iron Bark, Barkskin, Bear Form + Regen and NS + Healing Touch. Outside of a silence or a stun, there's nothing a player can do to prevent a cast.
    Rejuv, WG, LB are all HoTs and as such need to tick before they are any use (LB needs stacking in the first place). That's why they are instant casts. Swiftmend requires that there is already a hot on the person it is used on. Tree of Life is a CD which you have to talent into in the first place. Mushrooms require you to be in their range and replacing them requires another GCD and it really doesn't pack that much punch without it being charged up (also takes time). Iron Bark and Barkskin are survival CDs which are instant for every class. NS+HT is not something spammable and is an emergency heal and the only one that doesn't require a setup outside of it being off CD.

So if you are going to compare healers, at least look at all the factors involved. Also as one that also has a disc priest, I don't really feel less mobile than my druid. Haven't played shaman much this xpac, but I doubt I would have much issues with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyandor View Post
    Rejuv, WG, LB are all HoTs and as such need to tick before they are any use (LB needs stacking in the first place). That's why they are instant casts. Swiftmend requires that there is already a hot on the person it is used on. Tree of Life is a CD which you have to talent into in the first place. Mushrooms require you to be in their range and replacing them requires another GCD and it really doesn't pack that much punch without it being charged up (also takes time). Iron Bark and Barkskin are survival CDs which are instant for every class. NS+HT is not something spammable and is an emergency heal and the only one that doesn't require a setup outside of it being off CD.

So if you are going to compare healers, at least look at all the factors involved. Also as one that also has a disc priest, I don't really feel less mobile than my druid. Haven't played shaman much this xpac, but I doubt I would have much issues with it.
    The point is, when I'm on my Resto Druid, these are all things I can cast that are not interruptible, which is exactly the point Blizzard was making. A few other things:

- Any Resto Druid worth his/her salt will pre-hot, so healing is always rolling in PvP.
    - In any defensivee scenario, Resto Druids are casting Mushrooms very early and building up that massive heal even out of combat. Druids have so much regen I just spam Regrowths on everyone around me to build up those 300K crit mushroom heals. That way while defending a flag, I can pop the Bloom and heal for a shi!t ton of damage to everyone around me. It's almost criminal how OP it is if used correctly.
    - Ironbark is Resto Only.
    - Every Resto Druid specs into Tree Form, so popping Tree + spamming Regrowth on everyone under the sun is something that happens all the time.
    - NS + HT is not spammable, but with a 60 second CD, you end up using it a lot in a BG and it too can be a game changer.

And we're not even talking about shifting + displacer beast, or Night Elf Druids with their Shadow Meld + Flight Form macros (granted, this is only valid in World PvP). But really, unless their trinket is on CD and severely outnumbered, it's easy to stay up for a very long time as a Druid. Blanket Silences can be a bit annoying, but you can swap to Bear Form or at the very least put up Iron Bark and pop Battle Master if you need to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shefu View Post

3)They keep pushing for changes that only they want. By all means it is their game, but if a million people want option X, and you keep pushing for Y, then maybe, MAYBE your strat is fucking flawed. Just sayin'...
    It's not possible that you aren't just upset that they aren't doing exactly what you want? Do you have some sort of innate insight into what "a million people want"?

5) Most people that play WoW do so because they also ENJOY the story. People play an Orc because they have a connection with that particular race, or A Night Elf, or whichever u want. All of these RETCONS in WoW so far, are ludicrous. I don't care if this is a "alternate" reality that they're trying to push down our throats. There's a difference between "different" and "new" that's actually cool and makes sense, and "new" and "different" which is retarded.
    I find that most people pick a race almost purely based on Racials or what looks good in Transmogs (Blood Elves anyone?).

You're points might be valid, but you clearly are speaking for yourself and not necessarily for the player base.

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiDragon91 View Post
    I couldnt even read it loud because of how absurd this gul'dan thing is. Gul'dan an ally? Other day someone was discussing with me that blizzard knows better what they intend to do. The more we know what they want to do, the less i want to know. This crap about Gul'dan puts even the eredar retcon to shame (or the thousands of boss recicled for cata). Metzen and the other crack heads should go back focusing in the game story instead of smoking whatever they are now. Cant wait him to go to the forums again and say "ah, i forgot guldan was evil!" or something like that.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mists of Pandaria Heroic dungeons were too easy for many players, which was somewhat necessary due to not having Normal difficulty dungeons at Level 90. Warlords of Draenor fixes this by having both Normal and Heroic dungeons at Level 100.
    Why did you take them away in the first place then? 0o

Quote Originally Posted by Nefastus View Post
    I couldnt even read it loud because of how absurd this gul'dan thing is. Gul'dan an ally? Other day someone was discussing with me that blizzard knows better what they intend to do. The more we know what they want to do, the less i want to know. This crap about Gul'dan puts even the eredar retcon to shame (or the thousands of boss recicled for cata). Metzen and the other crack heads should go back focusing in the game story instead of smoking whatever they are now. Cant wait him to go to the forums again and say "ah, i forgot guldan was evil!" or something like that.
    Isn't Gul'dan dead?

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    Isn't Gul'dan dead?
    Yeah, he is dead at our time line. But he is the same orc in the alternative universe from the new expansion. He is the most evil orc in the warcraft story, thats why it seems blizzard dont even know what they write anymore.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

Yeah, he is dead at our time line. But he is the same orc in the alternative universe from the new expansion. He is the most evil orc in the warcraft story, thats why it seems blizzard dont even know what they write anymore.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwyMB19q7ms

You do realise that we have extremely little amount of information on the whole gul'dan thing.. For 1 the guy said "might".. not "he is 100%". Everything could change and if he is so diabolically evil, maybe he sees some gain in helping the horde and alliance take down the iron horde and then double cross them and lead to a burning legion expansion. Gul'dan lose again in current time azeroth and horde/alliance fighting to stop guldan re-summoning the demons of the burning legion.. That would be pretty cool. all im saying is not even beta yet, huge info dump coming soon, so dont look too deeply into stuff yet and take things with a pinch of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by kevins View Post
    Are they kidding? I hope this comment is directed towards Hunters
    Mobile ranged is the hunter's niche. So, no. It's directed at casters. As someone who has had a warlock main for years now, I'm actually okay if they took away our mobility. We'd get over it. I think him picking on healers is a little unfair, though. I think the issue is more with things like KJC [and I say that even though I had KJC pre-nerf and absolutely loved it... all the while thinking 'this has to get nerfed' and it did].

Deleted
    Wow that world boss explanation shows they totally lost it. They are only talking about loot, accessibility and why players should kill it. WHAT? The ONLY reason you would put a boss outside in the open world is to create drama and world pvp.
    Isnt this a common theme from blue posts, this talk about loot and what/how a players should play or how the player get access to loot? Where is the dynamic gameplay talk. A sandbox mmorpg game should by dynamic with events that players create not by the developers. Developers give you the tools, players use them how they want it.

And sorry Sha of Anger didnt feel epic at all. Opposite faction interfered very rarely because they knew that not attacking would get them rewards faster since the respawntimer is so short. And since the respawntimer is so short the epicness of the boss goes down aswell. Boss was to easy too.
    Proper world boss = one week spawn, spawns in the evening, mythic gear drops, hard as mythic boss(but since you can have outside help it becomes more easier, but the mechanics and damage should be atleast mythic power).