Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

So which abilities do you think priests will lose in WoD?

Based on the information out of the recent developer interviews, "About 20% of class skills and abilities have been removed to help address ability bloat." As the title states, which spells do you see priests losing? Which do you hope to see gone and which would you be sad to see go in WoD?

Spriest could lose
    - Renew
    - Inner Will
    - Binding Heal
    - Hymn of Hope

Can't think of anything else that would make any sense.
    They can't remove Shadowform, Psychic Scream, and our standard rotation abilities.
    <inactive>

10+ Year Old Account
    Psychic scream is apparently gone based on the play testing.

I could see shackle going too.

I think it's too early to say which I'd like to see gone and which should stay given they should re-balance around it. Eg, if we lose renew will we have some other form of self healing we can utilise in movement phases, etc.

Mind Vision definitely
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    Mind Vision definitely
    Wtf remove spells that are cool or fun. Migth as well remove Eye of Killrog and that is a mistake.

Never understand why remove spells that are like Mind Vision. Migth as well remove Levitate.. Glyph of Confession.. etc

10+ Year Old Account
    Mind Vision will stay, as most people don't have it keybound...Apparently Psychic Scream is gone, haven't seen any confirmation though, seems a little odd... I could see Inner Fire/Inner Will being taken away and replaced with passives, to free up a couple of keybindings, or else Inner Fire getting Inner Will's effects (or some of them) baked in. If what I've heard about both DK diseases being rolled into Blood Plague, I could see the same happening for VT/SW:P, but I think that's a little "out there". All in all, I don't think that many priest abilities will be removed, Psychic Scream would fall in with reducing the amount of CC, doing something with Inner Fire/Inner Will would free up a couple of keybindings, but I personally don't find Button Bloat to be that much of an issue on my priest compared to other toons, don't think they'll be "hit" as hard as other classes will by it.
    so Warlords of Draenor is /'woɹː.loɹːdz ʌv 'ɖɹæːn.oɹː/.
    I've always loved how in an attempt to make pronunciation through text easier to understand people have created a seemingly alien cypher for which few people without a degree related to language would ever been able to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by SwizzleTweets View Post
    Wtf remove spells that are cool or fun. Migth as well remove Eye of Killrog and that is a mistake.

Never understand why remove spells that are like Mind Vision. Migth as well remove Levitate.. Glyph of Confession.. etc
    It's just my theory.. I'm not saying they should lol
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

15+ Year Old Account
    I have a feeling that our "fun" spells are what's going away unless they are removing some healing spells from shadow priests. I could see prayer of mending being an ability that hits the chopping block.

Deleted
    I hope to god they won't touch LoF. And I hope they will bring back a corridor with lava on the sides. I miss the day where people fell into lava inbetween ragnaros attempts.

Deleted
    Mind Vision
    Renew
    Binding Heal
    Shackle Undead
    Inner Will

Stuff they could kill:
    Shackle Undead. This one is a nobrainer.
    Both armor buffs. What are they really doing for you? (not taking keybinds though!)
    Psychic Scream, if they really want to reduce the CC. They could put it into the T1 talent row I guess...
    Fade. It's sad, but aggro ain't an issue anymore.

Holy: PWS I can really see going away, replaced with Renew
    Disc & Shadow: Renew. PWS fills the same niche.
    Disc & Holy: Heal. What did that crappy spell ever do for anyone?
    Shadow: Mind Spike

And I frankly wouldn't cry if my thematically awkward shadowfiend/mindbender vanished from my healing specs.

Stuff they must not kill:
    Mind Vision. It's a 'cool toy'. Noone keybinds it anyway.
    Divine Hymn. I can see it getting a much steeper cooldown though, assuming the equivalent spells follow suit!
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    Mind Vision. It's a 'cool toy'. Noone keybinds it anyway.
    Ctrl+Z

If you expect a stealth class to run away and get back into stealth, you can mind vision them through walls and at infinite range - allowing you to see them while stealthed, and then dot them out if they come into LoS of you

It used to be an awesome arena trick back in the day, but then they banned Mind Vision from arenas because they hate cool tricks (like when they broke SW: Deathing out of stuff, but then gave it back as a glyph slot after we explained why we wanted it - because at first GC didn't know why we liked the damage).

I use Fade all the time - I'm almost always top threat on Malkorok adds (tonight) - without Fade I'd die a lot on that fight. Even a lot of boss pulls I'm usually getting that trash-orb DP out of the way very early on, and often either pre-fade or need to fade if something big crits in the first couple seconds. More than that though, Fade has tons of useful tricks for ping-ponging adds.

I'm terrified they will take this ability squish idea way too far and remove all the cool and useful stuff from the game - in the pursuit of turning WoW into League of Legends: and reducing every class to four buttons.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Yvaelle: For keybinding Mind Vision, you have my respect!

I also liked the pingpong effect with fade. And besides, it's HILARIOUS to send the mobs onto the hapless druid instead of myself when the wipe happens. But alas, I don't think it's a spell that does much for my play experience anymore. And thus it is a good candidate to cut.

That said... I think it is sad if it is cut. I like Fade!
    Last edited by Danner; 2014-02-26 at 07:02 AM.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Mindvision Hotkey: ` (+ key on US keyboards)

They won't remove abilites like that. They will remove abilites that REQUIRE hotkeys and are placed on the main bars.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    Yvaelle: For keybinding Mind Vision, you have my respect!

I also liked the pingpong effect with fade. And besides, it's HILARIOUS to send the mobs onto the hapless druid instead of myself when the wipe happens. But alas, I don't think it's a spell that does much for my play experience anymore. And thus it is a good candidate to cut.

That said... I think it is sad if it is cut. I like Fade!
    It's pretty decent for soloing. Call Shadowfiend, cast fade.

Other than that.. it's pretty much useless.
    <inactive>

Yeah Renew heals for basically nothing right now so it's a prime candidate. I could albo see them combine both Inner's into one. And please remove Void Shift or remake it so it's useable in arenas again.

The only things that I can think of that could and should be trimmed from shadow are Psyfiend, Renew and Shackle Undead. Also Inner Fire / Inner Will should be baked into specs.

Deleted
    I really don't want to lose any of my spells, but i guess i have to deal with it >.< As a pvper i use shackle undead frequently to stop dk damage when they burst aswell as using it on the dk itself when he uses lichborn to get out of fear.
    I use fade to drop aggro to my shadowfiend when i solo stuff but i also use the glyphed version for 10% damage reduction.
    The both wills i usually swap between depending on if i use renew to get flash heal procs or if im burst healing to keep someone alive.
    If it is true that blizzard removed our fear, that is stupid.. Our most relieable cc? Mc can be dispelled and interrupted, psyfiend fears random targets (actually had a few times where i put psyfiend next to the target without his team members, and then it just stands there and spamms its fear without it actually using it on the player.. Very good spell.. *cough* not.) tendrils is good i guess, but they wont do much against casters. Psyfiend also dies from 1 spell. From a pvp perspective, the only cc spell they should remove, is chastice. It's the spell that makes it so easy to get fears. (80% feathers might part of it aswell though)

Deleted
    I'd like to see the following changes for discipline:

Renew removed.
    Heal removed - Atonement through Smite should fill this niche.
    Greater Heal removed or made into a baseline shield - Penance fills this niche.
    Flash Heal removed.
    Binding Heal reworked - now a replacement to Flash Heal that does some additional splash healing to a secondary target which is not always the priest.
    Inner Will and Inner Fire removed.

Some new spells designed specifically with a more prominent separation between discipline and holy would be lovely.

From Shadow:
    I'd say Inner Will and Inner Fire will be removed. Renew might go as well.
    Hope Void Shift goes from Shadow, can't use it in arena but feel the need to have it binded cause I might save someone in a raid once..
    Hope they remove the Orb cost from Psychic Horror so we can actually protect ourselves when a warrior is on us, Mind Blast is a pain to get off vs warriors stuns/interrupts/reflects/berserker rage.

And they have said that they will remove abilities that one might use keybinds on, but arn't used often or doesn't fill the an unique role.

So Im sure Mind Vision and Levitate will stay.

Deleted
    SW:Pain will have a 2 sec cast time.

you know, couse we have too much movility dmg.