Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

New Blizzard store services I would like to see

Now, I know this is going to catch some heat, and have people yelling about how unique some things should be, and how this is completely "Pay-to-win". These were just some cosmetic ideas I had. I would likely not use all of them, but one or two I would certainly take advantage of. How about you? Would you use any of these? Or, do you have other items you would rather see made available?

Hope you like my list

Race/Class Combo Unlock:
    $59
    Provides generic unlock for any class to become any race. When selecting Druid, character will select choice of 2 available Druid forms for their faction (i.e. - Gnomes could select Worgen or Night Elf form, Undead would select Troll or Tauren form). Back story will place character in starting zone for selected form (i.e. - worgen/night elf would start in Teldrassil. Tauren/Troll would start at Red Cloud Mesa).

Non-playable race unlock:
    $79
    Provides a full time skin transformation for player to modify their character to be viewed as Naga, Dragonsworn, Ogre, and a selection of other races on Azeroth. Races will be considered a glamour and will not reflect any physical changes in gear. Mounts will scale to meet size of character glamour and certain races will be given land speed increases as they cannot use mounts (i.e. Naga, Centaurs, Dryads, etc).

Heirloom Set:
    $79
    Lvl 1-90 only (only sellable after level cap lifts to 100)
    User is given a crate in their mailbox which suits the chosen spec from time of purchase. Set includes helm, chest, legs, cloak, weapon, and ring. Set is still classified as BoA and can be used by other characters in the leveling process.

Recruit a Friend Mounts:
    $55
    Mount may now be purchased without a recruit. Cost is based on expense needed to recruit a friend and purchase one month of playtime.

Collector's Reskinned Mounts:
    $30 each
    Mounts previously in game will be reskinned, and recolored and made available to the public. It won't look precisely like the Zulian Tiger (for instance), but it will be similar.

Mod-note: Changed your title, it was misleading and not making constructive comments. You are allowed to discuss such topics of course, just keep it constructive.

Mod-note 2: Taking the decision to close this thread, seems to prove a few problems among some. Though, it is riding on the wave of the "Boost to 90" discussion by taking it a step further.. Thought it could lead on, but I see it better to lock it.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-02-26 at 06:09 PM.

I want to buy gear.

I'd like to see a mechanic that if you completed a dungeon or raid you got access to buy the gear that could drop.

Optional choice if you're tired of the RNG and running content time after time after time and rarely getting anything useful.

They don't provide any advantages (assuming racials are copied from other races) and aren't P2W, so nobody on this forum would care if those services were implemented.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we, close this thread on obviously trying to Troll?

Or are you so desperate for these things that you are willing to beg them to let you pay for it?
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

I won't use one of these. Besides... Blizzard won't ever add sth like this.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    I want to buy gear.
    Me too. I'm a very busy man in real life and I can hardly make any time to raid heroic raids, so I just want to buy all heroic gear with real money.

Its not P2W or anything, just skipping the time to farm them

They might as well. You'd be surprised how many players would buy these things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Can we, close this thread on obviously trying to Troll?

Or are you so desperate for these things that you are willing to beg them to let you pay for it?
    First, I don't troll. I simply present my ideas and opinions. Having a differing opinion does not make me a troll, it simply makes me different. If you take objection with my ideas, please feel free to do so. But, do not insult me.

On Topic: I am desperate for nothing. I feel these items are purely cosmetic and some people might enjoy the option to purchase them.

What's the point of these options being purchasable instead of simply adding them to the game for all subscribers? And I mean from a consumer's point of view.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YumYum View Post
    What's the point of these options being purchasable instead of simply adding them to the game for all subscribers? And I mean from a consumer's point of view.
    If they want to make them free, I am all for it. But, being a realist, I know Blizzard is not a non-profit organization. The easiest way to get something is to show them their is a profit to be made and interest to be had.

i would like to buy the new PvP Season, the one thats it's not out yet.
    I'm tired of getting gank on timeless isle, so with my 1.2 millions HP those rogues are going to leave me alone

A Druid with non-Troll/Tauren/Worgen/NElf racial skills is not just 'cosmetic', it provides a game play difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    A Druid with non-Troll/Tauren/Worgen/NElf racial skills is not just 'cosmetic', it provides a game play difference.
    How so? A gnome has no racials to make his druid more beneficial than a worgen. Racial skills are a bit of a joke. Not sure it would create a panic.

Don't like your class/race thing. But I figured making sub-races purchasable is the only way we'll see subrace skins. It's a niche demand for rabid lore fanboys where I'm guessing the crossover of "people who want them" and "people who are willing to pay for them" is near 100% (myself included). Knowing that charging for them will only make them more exclusive, and thus more attractive to the audience that already wants them, and Blizzard would be fools to make them free.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    How so? A gnome has no racials to make his druid more beneficial than a worgen. Racial skills are a bit of a joke. Not sure it would create a panic.
    It's still a non-cosmetic change to gameplay that you are suggesting should be purchasable. A gnome hunter who is also an engineer can make their own scopes that much faster than a dwarf hunter. It's minor, but it's still not 100% cosmetic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Me too. I'm a very busy man in real life and I can hardly make any time to raid heroic raids, so I just want to buy all heroic gear with real money.

Its not P2W or anything, just skipping the time to farm them
    Yes pls. It would be the same as selling 90 lvls. We just don't have enough time and current raids will become obsolete by time.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Non-playable race unlock:
    $79
    Provides a full time skin transformation for player to modify their character to be viewed as Naga, Dragonsworn, Ogre, and a selection of other races on Azeroth. Races will be considered a glamour and will not reflect any physical changes in gear. Mounts will scale to meet size of character glamour and certain races will be given land speed increases as they cannot use mounts (i.e. Naga, Centaurs, Dryads, etc).
    This is bs. "Oh I really like the look of taurens, too bad they cost 80$ to unlock for no good reason." This is almost as bad as the disgusting business practices of ZeniMax.
    Everything else on your list seems fine.
    Last edited by Chaosturn; 2014-02-26 at 05:28 PM.
    Where i upload all my music:
    My Soundcloud!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    It's still a non-cosmetic change to gameplay that you are suggesting should be purchasable. A gnome hunter who is also an engineer can make their own scopes that much faster than a dwarf hunter. It's minor, but it's still not 100% cosmetic.
    A dwarf can be an Engineer. I fail to see the advantage. In fact, the racial bonus is a drawback. You are not level capped until 615, rather than 600 when others are capped. Technically, the dwarf would have the upperhand when it comes to end game engineering.

10+ Year Old Account
    All excellent ideas. Hopefully some of them will make their way into the store at some point.

Deleted
    Stupid thread is stupid.

Race/Class Combo Unlock:
    $59
    Provides generic unlock for any class to become any race. When selecting Druid, character will select choice of 2 available Druid forms for their faction (i.e. - Gnomes could select Worgen or Night Elf form, Undead would select Troll or Tauren form). Back story will place character in starting zone for selected form (i.e. - worgen/night elf would start in Teldrassil. Tauren/Troll would start at Red Cloud Mesa).
    And this? Seriously? Were you dropped on your head at birth or something