Deleted

Druids and Shamans must be the best healers now?

I raided 25 man HC in WOTLK and in Cataclysm until Firelands, then I quit. I am just saying that so you know that I am not a bad player nor playing my class wrong.

I just recently, 2 weeks ago, came back to the game. So far I am just doing LFR and I just never can beat those damn Druids. I have so far only 520 item level, but those druids are impossible to heal no matter what fight. I also have a struggle beating shamans, but druids seems to be the best healing class in terms of just pure HPS? Sure, the other healers do special things like tank healing, shields and all, but in pure HPS druids are the best.

Am I wrong on this one? I've always been interested in doing a healing shaman because I like shields and they have a very large amount of abilities to do

Deleted
    They're both excellent raid healers. Keep into consideration they might be overhealing as well.

Druids have pretty much always had the best HPS due to their healing style, shamans fairly high too since healing rain became useful.

It says shit all about their healing, though. HPS is not a measurement for healers in the slightest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

IDK, I only do LFR and Flex on my Disc healer and have never been beaten on HPS in anything other than by another Disc healer.

10+ Year Old Account
    HPS isn't the greatest measurement of healing. Every fight has a different healer & spec that outweighs the other.

Is your raid dying? Are you struggling to perform your specific healing tasks in the raid? If not, then you're fine.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    As stated here and in about 1 million other posts. HPS is not the measure of a healer. Its on think that you can look at but its far from evidence of ability to heal in the role they are assigned.

To my knowledge there is no mathematical way to evaluate a healer from logs/recount etc. The simple way to measure the ability of a healer is for a raid leader to simply track the number of times that healers assignees are dying from lack of heals taking into account where player stood in stuff they shouldn't have. While in many cases I can heal a player through a void zone, it other players that are not being stupid need healing then I heal them first. If player that refuses to move dies then they should move.

The high HPS with Low over-healing comparison can show how effective a healers heals are but still do not show how good of a healer they are. If a shaman or druid is sniping heals from the Pally or Disc Preist that is assigned to heal the tank then they might very well have a high effective healing rating but in effect are causing other healers to look worse and waste spells.

Its for this reason that managing a healing team is the hardest job in raid leadership in my opinion (though anyone that is a Raid leader should get a round of attaboys from everyone on the raid. If you have never lead a raid you need to step into their shoes. It is a thankless job).

Using LFR as a place to measure/rate healing is laughable as there are no roles or organization.

I've been mostly LFR'ing this xpac, due to not much time. I play a resto druid myself and I can honestly say that I've seen every healer on top apart from paladins (which is odd, since they rocked in WOTLk and Cata).
    Seen shamans and druids mostly on top yes, but also seen some good Hpriests and the occasional Mweaver. But like Shivaji said, there's no accurate tool to see how "good" anyone is. You can also check from things like dispells and damage taken (at least on Skada, not sure about Recount) to see if the player is actually aware or just spamming though.
    Warriors in PvP are like small hyperactive children in a candy shop made of bouncy castle.

Druids, unfortunately, were given a glyph that allows them to have permanent Efflorescence and its ticks are rather intense. When you combine that in with Wild Growth and Rejuvination spam, nobody can touch their raid healing in any sort of bunched-up situation if played to "equal skill levels."

Shamans just had Healing Rain buffed and got their 3m raid healing cooldown (Healing Tide Totem) made baseline so they get to choose another talent from that tier instead and don't lose anything.

Seriously though, Holy Priests and Holy Paladins are doing fine as well. Disc is still damn near super OP in 10m and Mistweaver with Cloak and Meta can trivialize "black phases" in 10m. Druids can do that to 25m, though.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    I said twice in my text that i am asking about pure HPS and not about other special abilities. I know HPS is not what you measure.... god read the text

Shields and other absorbs count towards HPS. In 25 man with full heroic gear, nothing comes even slightly close to a Disc priest.

No other healing class even come close to discipline priests. They are light years ahead of all the others.

10+ Year Old Account
    when people say my heals are low i just answer. But did you die? and hopefully they think of the asian dude from hangover.

If I want to top meter as druid healer I just use tranq and job done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    I said twice in my text that i am asking about pure HPS and not about other special abilities. I know HPS is not what you measure.... god read the text
    Except that's not what you asked. Your title is "Druids and Shamans must be the best healers now?" which is a question, and you base that on the fact that you're unable to beat them in HPS...which we're all pointing out is a terrible measurement.

So what is your real question?

10+ Year Old Account
    Once you get out of LFR, Priests are top healer. I mean, GC said he played a priest. It makes sense now.

Quote Originally Posted by Shivaji View Post
    As stated here and in about 1 million other posts. HPS is not the measure of a healer. Its on think that you can look at but its far from evidence of ability to heal in the role they are assigned.

To my knowledge there is no mathematical way to evaluate a healer from logs/recount etc. The simple way to measure the ability of a healer is for a raid leader to simply track the number of times that healers assignees are dying from lack of heals taking into account where player stood in stuff they shouldn't have. While in many cases I can heal a player through a void zone, it other players that are not being stupid need healing then I heal them first. If player that refuses to move dies then they should move.

The high HPS with Low over-healing comparison can show how effective a healers heals are but still do not show how good of a healer they are. If a shaman or druid is sniping heals from the Pally or Disc Preist that is assigned to heal the tank then they might very well have a high effective healing rating but in effect are causing other healers to look worse and waste spells.

Its for this reason that managing a healing team is the hardest job in raid leadership in my opinion (though anyone that is a Raid leader should get a round of attaboys from everyone on the raid. If you have never lead a raid you need to step into their shoes. It is a thankless job).

Using LFR as a place to measure/rate healing is laughable as there are no roles or organization.
    - Healer assignments haven't been a thing since Early Cata
    - Overhealing doesn't matter because it doesn't factor into your effective hps (which is what Skada and Recount will show you). If you're overhealing so much that you oom yourself before the fight ends then you probably won't have the highest effective hps by the end of the fight.
    - HPS is a great measurement of how good a healer is if the fight is not a complete snipefest (which quite a few of the SoO bosses are)
    - Not healing a person that is standing in fire makes you a bad healer (especially in a raid).