Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenia View Post
    So you imply that a new player can get his fresh 90 in 2-3 weeks using means like LFR where the RNG is crazy? Let's see, 2-3 items a week at most = 6-9 items total, they still need 7-10 items, plus a legendary cloak, plus to wait 5-6 weeks more to upgrade all the items so that he can barely scratch the 540 ilvl requirement most groups ask. So you basically tell me that a player must play at least nearly 2.5-3 months to even have like 50% chances to get in a flex enviroment? Which requires like 505 ilvl at most for the first 2 parts? I'm not sure there is any way I will accept that. And yes I like to defend new players :P
    here is a guide for you.

1. go to timeless isle. Farm it for a day, a lot and get around 496 ilvl.
    2. Buy/get craftet the two SoO equevelent ilvl gear you can. With an added possibility of buying 522 items on the AH aswell, if they are cheap.
    3. Do the whole of lfr. (do celestials + coin)
    4. Now you most likely wont have enough ilvl to do Flex at this point, so go find some pugs for ToT normal, and after that go do ToT lfr if your ilvl still sucks.
    5. Do lfr. ToT Normal (or do some pvp for 522 items) + Celestials + coin
    6: week three. Do Lfr, do celestials + coin.

You now very likely have enough ilvl to do flex.

1. If you are totally new player and just hit 90, congratulations, you are able to be on par with everyone else just in 6 months or so (protip: they have spent 15 months to get where they are at the moment).
    2. Start legendary quest: in 2 months you will get your cloak.
    3. Go to timeless island and farm there like crazy. Install rareannouncer addon, kill ship and shark on cd, kill huolon on cd. Gear+burdens = profit. You will be around 530 item level in a day.
    4. Now you're ready for OO LFR: farm it. Anyway you need only weapons/tier from it, you will get anything else from Timeless Island.
    5. Start your own flex group. You should be the RL since your gear is too low for current gear requirements in pugs.
    There is another option: getting in guild who gears their alts in flex: they will be able to take you with them.

Deleted
    Yeah, if you are lucky as hell, maybe. But guess what, 99% of the people playing wow haven't got full 528s in 2-3 weeks from LFR.
    That is because of one simple reason. They didnt do all they could

Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    None of that is learned in LKHC25, people have to learn all that encounter spesific stuff for every raid boss. That was the point.
    General awareness, split-second decision making (for example when to prioritize your own or someone else's survivability over dps), being able to multitask (perform your rotation while executing tricky mechanics), good raiding mentality, desire to improve your character and your playstyle etc, are all traits and skills that carry over from raid to raid and boss to boss. As long as you have these it doesn't matter what bosses are being thrown at you because you can adapt to the new mechanics much easier than someone that lacks the above mentioned.

You seem to think that you're already a "good enough" player and only teamwork is holding you back at this point. I guarantee that there are a lot of things you can improve on and that you're not even aware of yet. Teamwork is based on the individual effort of each player trying to play their best.

Deleted
    How in 3 hours?
    Try actually reading my post at least

Deleted
    Make sure you have your legendary cloak as well! That's sort of a pre-requisite these days.

We pulled 10 guys out of nowhere to start a guild for fun.
    Now, weeks later we're progressing through Normal SoO and farming Flex with 15~ guys.
    just 1 of us had the gear to actually start raiding flex.

Yeah, it's hard if you want it to fall on your lap.
    No, it's not hard if you make contacts and play social.

Deleted
    Yeah, if you are lucky as hell, maybe. But guess what, 99% of the people playing wow haven't got full 528s in 2-3 weeks from LFR.
    Im sure you know everything about 99% of the WoW-playerbase ^_^

My suggestion is to apply now to guilds because now is the time that some of the more experienced members in a guild are burning out and playing other games while they wait for WoD so they can come back fresh. Now is the time to prove that you have raiding skills.

I also suggest that when you look for a guild you should consider it that the guild is applying to you. They have to meet your requirements before you can meet their requirements. They ave to raid on nights that you can make it, they have to be the kind of people you are going to want to hang with. If you are a 30+ adult you are not going to enjoy a guild composed of teenagers or vice versa.

You can look on guild recruitment pages for your server or you can wait around in stormwind and watch for someone spamming that they need members for their raid guild.

Another suggestion I have is to go to Aerie Peak and join one of the Convert To Raid guilds there, which is a multi-guild based on the raiding podcast Convert to Raid. They have raiding going on at all times of day and its not hard to get a group to move from a pugging raid group to a more scheduled group.

There are also a few ‘learn to raid’ guilds out there, of which I know Mike Preach belongs to two of them. They tend to take new raiders into flex to show them the ropes. I don’t know the specifics about how to locate them though.

That being said there are some things you can do to improve your chances of getting into a raiding guild. Most raiding guilds have days where they will take along a potential recruit to see how they perform so you want to put your best foot forward.
    1. Better yourself and research your class. There are guides here on mmochampion forums and there is noxxic and Icy-veins. You can also look up spec guides on youtube, just avoid the pvp guides. There may be a mechanic you don't know about in your class that you are not pulling off correctly and it could be costing you some performance.
    2. Make sure you are enchanted and reforged properly. This ties into researching your spec and class.
    3. Be a team player. Follow directions. Not every group runs bosses in the same way, some groups find other ways to complete a boss than what guides tell you. My group needed tp pug and we invited a guildies friend and it all worked out fine until we got to Nouroshen and the guy kept snatching orbs out of order thinking he could get in the dps test first but since his dps was the lowest we needed him to go in last. He would go in out of order, and then when we told him to follow instructions he wasted 1 minute not doing as asked and not responding when we asked if he was in. Then I booted him and told his friend to never invite him again. Be a team player and follow instructions if you want to get invited back.
    4. Figure out who you are talking to before you start running your mouth. In new groups I tend to keep quiet until I know what my audience is. You don't want to piss someone off in the new guild. We had a nw guy making fun of asians and didnt know that two of our members were asian, so we were looking for a new new guy the next day.
    5. Research your bosses, don't expect to be carried through a raid because you are too lazy to spend 5 minutes watching a video on youtube. Its all about the mechanics.

Well firstly you're not gonna get into any "good" raiding guilds with LFR gear....and LFR shouldn't be your main method of gearing. Obv its a given that you coin Ordos every week and Celestials until you get your 2 set. From there you get 535 timeless gear until your ilvl is high enough to get into flex (520+ for decent groups) and you use flex to gear up, not LFR. LFR is for filling in tier pieces and trinkets mostly. Its possible to get close to 560 ilvl without stepping foot into a normal instance and not that difficult to do....my alt is 557 without doing any normals, obviously legendary cloak is needed tho. At that ilvl you should be able to get into a normal clearing guild without much difficulty and from there you're good to go.

There are people who truly master their class but their guild still cant get world firsts, the issue is the teamwork and it is the main bottleneck for majority of players.

- - - Updated - - -

That is teamwork and planning how to play together in raid encounter.
    Teamwork is a big factor, but the biggest bottleneck is the weakest member of your team, to coin a phrase, a chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

Individual play is often the most important aspect of high end raiding. Individual play is a part of teamwork, but you can't improve the team without improving the individual first.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

It is extremely hard to get in good raiding guild that actually can raid without any experience at all.
    I assume you are referring to progression guilds? Yes. That is to be expected. These guilds are focus on beating the content. Not teaching a new player. They expect their members to hit the ground running.

Some of these guilds may have alt nights but are rare. If they have time to raid, they will focus on their main progression when ever possible.

Your other options is to join a guild that is in a much slower progression. There are many that still take new members. Some just concentrate on normal or flex, some do progress through the higher difficulty but just at a slower pace.

You just need to work your way up the ladder like many do.

Dungeons/Scenarios -> HC dungeons/Scenarios/ -> MSV -> HoF -> ToES -> ToT -> SoO

Like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Zabusasan View Post
    That is because of one simple reason. They didnt do all they could
    Completely this. I haven't played in about 7 months now, I could still happily get a toon geared and ready inside 2 weeks. There's ALWAYS a shortcut to about 20/30 ilvl's below current max (in this case, timeless isle farming, when I finished playing it was the buildup to SoO with Zol'Jin as they hadn't yet buffed timeless isle vendor items).

Craft a couple of pieces, buy a couple from AH (yes, this isn't so easy for a new, new player but do craploads of dailies, make the most of unpriced goods on the AH).

Spend the needed money to get pretty well gemmed and chanted, if you don't have "the best". Make sure you know why and can defend it without trying to bullshit the dude asking, they'll have heard it before and be pretty cynical anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Getting into a Heroic Raiding Guild is all about climbing the ladder.

Get yourself geared and ready for normal mode content, make sure you know the tactics and complete as much of it as you can. Move on to another guild in the future that completes one or two heroics, then again and again until you find a guild that is suited to your tastes.

Guilds are not commitments that you have to stand by forever. They're a collective group who understand people are going to come and go.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Put yourself out there, and dont be afraid to whisper someone just cause you dont meet up to their requirements. I've gotten in plenty of groups with much lower ilvl then they asked me for.