Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    Um Obliterate's been in the game far longer than Templars verdict or instant slam...

Strang doesn't have one anymore, Pillar of frost needs it removed yeah, super clunky.
    Strang costs 1 blood rune: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=47476
    Asphy is free, but if the target is not immune to stun, it will just stun, no silence.
    Then they can trinket/blink the stun and not be silenced...

- - - Updated - - -

One change i would love to see is a frost passive buffing IT up to HB's level, so we don't cripple our singletarget damage when its important to do 0 aoe

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DonTirri View Post
    I got ONE QoL/DPS improvement for Frost that I'd kill to see.
    SOUL REAPER DOING SHADOWFROST DAMAGE!

Having our "execute" hit like a wet noodle is stupid. Most of the time it's a waste of Rune better used for HB/OB and even when it's usage is worth it, it feels lackluster. IF it was buffed by Frost mastery (i.e doing Shadowfrost damage), it'd actually be a good ability to use >_>
    This too.
    And possibly obli frost damage so that too scales with mastery.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adlian View Post
    Idea: They should revamp Control Undead a spell similar to the Hunter's Tame Beast allowing us to "tame" a undead minion (same as the hunters). To avoid balance issues Control Undead should not change the basic ghoul spells or stats, only swapping the pet model.
    NEVER!!!

Nobody takes away my 100% damage buff in ICC, NOBODY!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wrien View Post
    Obliterate shouldn't be the skill that defines frost (current 2h frost)
    Then what should?
    Frost strike aka wet noodle?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Liminal View Post
    I am sure someone is going to disagree with me.

I have found it helpful to macro Plague Leech (25sec) into my Pillar macro (>30sec). Helps make sure that I always have a rune available when I hit it.
    It works if you are using plague leech, however blizzard wants all talents to be viable.
    Use x talent or be stuck with most clunky dps cooldown in the game doesn't sound too viable to me...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rerecros View Post
    Unholys cds need to be changed, a 3min dmg cd that actually does damage to yourself..change.

more protection on garg, no other dps cool down can be stopped and fucked up so easily.
    No other dps cooldown can be stopped so easily?
    Say that to my pally...
    lol spellsteal

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mitak View Post
    - Talent Death's advance redesigned- Passively increases speed by 15% (5% more than currently), on use- increases speed by 80% for 3 sec (from 30% for 6 sec). This should help a bit with our mobility while not adding a new talent or ability.

- Remorseless winter synergy with Chains of ice. If a person is affected by the root of chains of ice remorseless winter applies the stun on that person right away.
    - Separate Frost and Unholy (Frost- more crit based (stacking crit as primary stat), UH- more haste based. A good separation between specs will make them more unique. For that to work Frost should have some higher base rune speed regen (or haste as a whole)

- Frost HB should be made more powerful in AE situations, Icy touch more powerful for single target. This will make Frost rotation more "complicated" and people may see a sudden drop in DK dps. That will be only till people learn when to use what, like Rets did.

- New talent replaces of Death Siphon- "Will of the King"- you take half direct damage from all attacks that do more than 20% of your max health, the other half you take as a bleed effect in the next 5 seconds. This will help reduce Blood spikiness when tanking, also an interesting choice for Frost and UH PVP.
    Liking these suggestions, especially Icy Touch and Will of the King
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Deleted
    For Unholy I feel like the gargoyle and ghoul should be "swapped" in a way. I don't mean this literally but if you look at skada gargoyle is a very high damage source (well, it should be...its a cooldown) but it does more than your ghoul does over the whole fight. In its current form the ghoul just feels useless to me. Its not cool like it was when WotLK came out. I'd like Dark Transformation to be buffed to 100% extra damage for PvE but stick to 50% in PvP (like with colossus smash).

Just some other thoughts:

-Roiling blood being baseline is a good idea. With disease snapshotting going away there's no need to pestilence at certain points to keep up stronger diseases on AoE.
    -They can buff soul reaper but they can't make it shadowfrost damage. I'm not 100% and I don't have a source but I'm pretty sure they said they wanted unholy's execute phase to be stronger than frosts.
    -Whilst boring Asphyxiate could be move to tier 90 with Desecrated Ground being moved down to tier 58. This makes 90 seem more like a CC tier and 58 the mobility tier (though Chillblains I don't have a solution for, maybe make Death's Advance not an active skill and add a sprint in, make Chillblains baseline for frost).

My Wishlist:

-Soul Reaper cooldown scaling with haste (won't happen, too strong...but I can wish)
    -Masteries changed to something interesting:

There are set bonuses that could make interesting masteries. E.G. for Unholy we could have the tier 15 2 set. Your scourge strikes have X% chance to summon a skeleton to fight for you for 10 seconds. Mastery could increase the chance to summon skeletons, max number of skeletons (this could cause lag though) or just the damage the skeletons do.

For Frost we could have something along the lines of the tier 16 4 set. Whilst your pillar of frost is active your attacks deal X% extra frost damage. Whilst its not as fun as the new unholy mastery would be, it would give us some more burst and its more fun than a passive damage boost that could just be rolled in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    -For them to fix the blue glow on the eyes to be more misty in appearance, like the cinematic version of the Lich King.
    They have the tech in place for this, and with the new models it is the perfect opportunity to put it in.

-Ability to raise killed (player) enemies as pets (works exactly like ghoul, but will look like undead version of the target player's corpse instead. Basically it's visual only.)

-Runes show on weapons. Rather than a typical enchant glow, I want to see runes on the actual weapons surface instead.

-On the topic of Runes: Rune system overhaul. Many of the runes are outright worthless. How about giving us a Mastery rune?
    +1 for all your points.

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but i wouldn't mind a "frost" obliterate similar to ret's Holy TV lv 100 talent.
    A glyph to reverse Death grip to pull you to the target would be....different.
    Last edited by Maleific; 2014-02-18 at 10:17 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    "We've made some significant improvements to DRW's functionality in 6.0, so hopefully this won't feel 'much better' anymore."

So will it *finally* react on time?

Deleted
    Speaking of DRW. I'd love to have it switch places with ERW. i.e ERW being blood only and DRW available to all specs. I've found that I got a lot more use out of ERW as blood (it's an awesome oh shit button to get two fast DS's off after a large spike) than as Frost, and I find myself using DRW only for DPS reasons (lets face it, there isn't that many thing that threaten a tank that can be solved with a bit more parry). So switch them around, slap the parry-buff to ERW and let Frost/UH enjoy from 10 seconds of considerably increased damage.

Deleted
    I like the actual way how DRW is now!

Deleted
    Most of it seems like nerfs and dumbing down, things like making stuff baseline and removig rune cost just makes everything less complex and less interesting, hope none of this happens sorry.

Then what should?
    Frost strike aka wet noodle?
    You're kidding, right?
    Go DW, with enough Mastery Frost Strike crits around the same as 2h's Obliterate, and Howling Blast can hit even more....

Frost Strike, Howling Blast and Hungering Cold (RIP) have always been the skills that really makes Frost unique. Obliterate was originally the main dps-skill for Blood (dps), while frost used it some as well. Obliterate is simply a a copy/paste warrior-skill. Frost Strike is unique because it does frost damage. Howling Blast is unique because it is a spell, a "spammable" ranged skill for a primarily melee-class.

Obliterate should boost frost spells imo, so that it doesn't fall completely out of our rotation (like it does for current DW). It should also do a good amount of damage, but our main focus should be frost strike and frost spells.

You're kidding, right?
    Go DW, with enough Mastery Frost Strike crits around the same as 2h's Obliterate, and Howling Blast can hit even more....

Frost Strike, Howling Blast and Hungering Cold (RIP) have always been the skills that really makes Frost unique. Obliterate was originally the main dps-skill for Blood (dps), while frost used it some as well. Obliterate is simply a a copy/paste warrior-skill. Frost Strike is unique because it does frost damage. Howling Blast is unique because it is a spell, a "spammable" ranged skill for a primarily melee-class.

Obliterate should boost frost spells imo, so that it doesn't fall completely out of our rotation (like it does for current DW). It should also do a good amount of damage, but our main focus should be frost strike and frost spells.
    Oblieterate was not the ultimately intented blood skill, it was used because it outperformed DS at some point and that was "corrected" in a later patch. For FS and Hb being iconic, nah, of course they are frost abilities for the frost dk, like SS and Hs are unholy and blood specs, but obliterate is also frost iconic, only because some number tuning went wrong at one point it isn't a blood ability.
    Thats said, Shadowfrost the "first" frost incarnation didn't even specc FS and was killed, the second incarnation spammed FS with the ulduar relic like there is no tomorrow and was also killed for being broken. The last incarnation had all 3 Hb, Oblit and FS, with Oblit being the hardest hitter, in ICC ArP gemming was totally viable for ST target concerns, basically showing how powerful oblit was ever since.

What you are talking about is taste, Frost strike can also be considered a random other melee strike just dealing frost dmg, which is purely cosmetic, Frost dmg has no awesoem game changing effect, you could also let it deal 400% weapon dmg and let mastery scale weapon dmg and it wouldn't change much, Frost is just more awesome in terms of style and aesthetics for a Frost dk, no term of balance.
    I respect that opinion, but it looks still like you're desperately trying to convince everyone that obliterate is the root of all evil and should be a supporter ability at bets because its so bad. Which isn't true, the problem is caused by the whole design in combination, not a single ability. I personally would like to see a proc letting oblit dealing frost dmg, sou don't spam it, but is the high power nuke you really want to push at some point, but also have place for Hb. Fs is the constant dmg providing rp dumb, which can indeed crit considerably high because we stack mastery as dw to no end, but as soon as you turn everything significant frost dmg and frost dmg increase here and there, that is gone, because either the mastery or the spells get nerfed to compensate.
    Frost dw and 2h have problems of equal scale at the moment, dw just got the edge because oblit lacks a whole stat in growth and is impacted a bit more ym those huge gear levels, but the problem lies in both specs.

How to fix it, if everything is frost, physical, roflcopter dmg or what ever is entirely taste and opinion, i personally don't like the idea of having obliterate as a support ability, for its name sake alone. While I agree on Hungering cold.

Quote Originally Posted by Raikh View Post
    Oblieterate was not the ultimately intented blood skill
    Yes it was, the spec was redesigned to use death strike instead later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Raikh View Post
    Oblieterate was not the ultimately intented blood skill, it was used because it outperformed DS at some point and that was "corrected" in a later patch. For FS and Hb being iconic, nah, of course they are frost abilities for the frost dk, like SS and Hs are unholy and blood specs, but obliterate is also frost iconic, only because some number tuning went wrong at one point it isn't a blood ability.
    Thats said, Shadowfrost the "first" frost incarnation didn't even specc FS and was killed, the second incarnation spammed FS with the ulduar relic like there is no tomorrow and was also killed for being broken. The last incarnation had all 3 Hb, Oblit and FS, with Oblit being the hardest hitter, in ICC ArP gemming was totally viable for ST target concerns, basically showing how powerful oblit was ever since.

What you are talking about is taste, Frost strike can also be considered a random other melee strike just dealing frost dmg, which is purely cosmetic, Frost dmg has no awesoem game changing effect, you could also let it deal 400% weapon dmg and let mastery scale weapon dmg and it wouldn't change much, Frost is just more awesome in terms of style and aesthetics for a Frost dk, no term of balance.
    I respect that opinion, but it looks still like you're desperately trying to convince everyone that obliterate is the root of all evil and should be a supporter ability at bets because its so bad. Which isn't true, the problem is caused by the whole design in combination, not a single ability. I personally would like to see a proc letting oblit dealing frost dmg, sou don't spam it, but is the high power nuke you really want to push at some point, but also have place for Hb. Fs is the constant dmg providing rp dumb, which can indeed crit considerably high because we stack mastery as dw to no end, but as soon as you turn everything significant frost dmg and frost dmg increase here and there, that is gone, because either the mastery or the spells get nerfed to compensate.
    Frost dw and 2h have problems of equal scale at the moment, dw just got the edge because oblit lacks a whole stat in growth and is impacted a bit more ym those huge gear levels, but the problem lies in both specs.

How to fix it, if everything is frost, physical, roflcopter dmg or what ever is entirely taste and opinion, i personally don't like the idea of having obliterate as a support ability, for its name sake alone. While I agree on Hungering cold.
    Frost damage melee skills is more unique than physical damage skills because there are so many physical damage melee classes. Physical damage is affected by armor while frost damage is not. I don't want to take away all Obliterate as i said, i simply want to reduce it's importance, making it not so dominant (as current 2h). I play PvP primarily, and in pvp armor is a huge thing. It's also a problem with a super heavy focus on one heavy-cost skill i pvp because it makes so little room for other rune-skills.

15+ Year Old Account
    Death Strike turned into Impending Victory please or a major glyph that acts like http://www.wowhead.com/item=42455 or http://www.wowhead.com/item=41531 for either frost fever or blood plague
    Last edited by Slirith; 2014-02-24 at 06:00 AM.

Updated my ideas yet again

General
    - Remorseless Winter removed, replaced with Hungering Cold.
    - Hungering Cold: Purges the earth around the Death Knight of all heat. Enemies within 10 yards are trapped in ice, preventing them from performing any action for 8 sec and infecting them with Frost Fever. Enemies are considered Frozen, but any damage other than diseases will break the ice. 1.5 sec cast, no cost.
    - Runic Empowerment, Runic Corruption and Blood Tap now works with Shattering Thrust as well.
    - Gorefiends Grasp now also taunt enemies while in Blood Presence
    - Frost Presence now increases Runic Power generation by 20%, and reducing the duration of effects that remove control of your character by 20%. Also reduces the cost of Frost Strike, Rune Strike and Death Coil by 10
    - Unholy Presence now increases haste by 20%, and movement speed by 15%.
    - Changes to UH and Frost presence is to make both presences good for all specs, making us choose what presence we prefer instead of being forced into one of them.
    - Glyph of Icy Touch now also affects Glacial Burst
    - Deaths Advance (use) now makes you immune to all roots and slows and increases movements speed by 50% (up from 30%)
    - Outbreak removed
    - Rune of Lichbane replaced with Rune of Necrosis. Dealing 20% (based on weapon damage) additional shadow damage on each auto-attack.

Frost
    - Obliterate has been reworked: It now does 350% weapon damage (up from 250%), no longer deals more damage on diseased targets, but instead grants 20% more crit chance and 30% armor penetration on targets infected with Frost Fever.
    - Howling Blast damage reduced by 30% (of main target damage). Now deals the same damage to all targets (no more main-target and off-target). It now hits for around 70% of current main-target damage.
    - New skill, Shattering Thrust. Forcing all your energy into your rune-weapon, dealing 300% weapon damage as frost and shatters one absorption effect(power word:shield, Hpala mastery, AMS etc.) from the opponent. This skill cannot be parried, dodged or blocked. 8 sec CD, 20 Runic Power
    - New skill, Glacial Burst (replaces Icy Touch for Frost). Does single-target damage similar to what Howling Blast (main target) does now
    - New glyph, Glyph of Icy Reach. Increases the radius of Howling Blast and Remorseless Storm by 5, and the range of Icy Touch, Chains of Ice and Glacial Burst by 5.
    - Rime now makes your next Frost-spell (all frost spells) free.

- Frost Strike now deals 175% weapon damage, up from 115%. Cost is now 30 runic power, down from 35 (making blood presence less dps-penalizing for frost
    - Killing Machine now makes your next Frost Strike, Shattering Thrust or Glacial Burst crit (instead of Frost Strike and Obliterate). Proc-rate is now PPM (procs per minute), giving 2h and DW the same amount of procs. The amount of procs should be somewhere in-between current DW and 2h proc-rate.
    - Rune of the Frozen Champion (new runeforge): Has a chance to heal you and increasing your strength by 20% for 15 sec. Also causes a debuff identical to razorice (2h only)
    - Rune of Razorice now only works on 1h weapons
    - Might of the Frozen Wastes removed
    - Threat of Thassarian now lets all weapon-strikes hit with both weapons, but no longer increases Frost Strike damage.
    - New skill, Remorseless Storm: Creating a huge wave of frozen energy, dealing frost damage (20% stronger than current Howling Blast damage on primary target) to all enemies within 15 yards and freezes all enemies infected with Frost Fever to the ground for 4 sec. 30 sec CD. 1 frost rune.
    - Improved Frost Presence removed
    - New returned passive skill, Frigid Dreadplate: Now causes Icebound Fortitude to reduce the chance physical damage attacks hit you by 40% for it's duration, and increases the damage reduction effect by 20% (40% miss chance and 40% damage reduction)
    - Blood Boil removed from Frost (Rolling Blood talent changed somehow to make up for this loss)

The idea behind these changes to frost is to remove the current 2h and DW playstyles and merging them. Frost is now like a combination of current DW and 2h. Threat of Thassarian now makes all melee-attacks hit with both weapons, while 2h gets a new runeforge called "Rune of the Frozen Champion. This rune is a combination of FC and Razorice, but a little stronger then both since DW deals more auto-attack damage just because wow works this way. Obliterate now hits for a quite alright amount of damage for both DW and 2h, and dominates less than current 2h frost. Obliterate hits slightly more than Glacial Burst, enough to make it worth using over it, but not such a big difference as current 2h frost. This results in a much bigger rune-freedom especially in pvp for frost (looking at you, live 2h frost). Shattering Thrust (and Remorseless Storm) is now the big-hitter, also bringing back the old unavoidable Frost Strike feel.
    Frost damage dominates frost. Two new skills has been added to make frost more interesting, frost always felt lacking on skill quantity and too spammy in general. Howling Blast is now an aoe primarily and Icy Touch is replaced by a new spell for Frost DK's, Glacial Burst is a single-target spell dealing the same damage as Howling Blast does now on main target. Blood Boil has been removed from frost, the reason is that it's only worth using if you have Rolling Blood. A new passive skill has been added to Frost and Unholy to boost the defensive capabilities. Frost and UH always had terrible defensives. These changes should make frost more interesting in general in pve and pvp, and a lot better for arena pvp and pvp in general.

Unholy
    - Improved unholy presence removed
    - Blood Strike removed from Unholy
    - Summon Gargoyle now grants you the unholy frenzy buff, granting you 20% haste for 30 sec.
    - Unholy Frenzy removed
    - New returned passive skill, Frigid Dreadplate: Now causes Icebound Fortitude to reduce the chance physical damage attacks hit you by 40% for it's duration, and increases the damage reduction effect by 20% (40% miss chance and 40% damage reduction)
    Last edited by Wrien; 2014-02-28 at 07:21 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Remove perma ghoul for Unholy and change Dark Transformation to:

Consume 5 charges of Shadow Infusion to summon a ghoul that attacks your target for 10secs while also lowering the CD of summon gargoyle by 5(10?) secs

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to see some sort of Mobility increase for DKs.

Reapers Hand: The Death Knight channels their unholy magic to pull them to a targeted location.
    Your Death's advance is a nice idea though.
    Last edited by Huckfealing; 2014-02-25 at 07:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mage (Forums / Skills / WoD Talent Calculator)
    There are 29 Mage talents
    29 implies at least one of the tiers has an irregular amount of options. Looking forward to the update!
    Four of the talent slots have a different talent for each spec. 17 shared + 4 spec-specific * 3 specs = 29
    Mage talents have received significant revision. Currently: 12 brand new, 3 existing/old spells now talents, 4 w/ major changes. (Source)
    This for dk please! our talents are sucking hard

10+ Year Old Account
    I do miss hungering cold. I feel like they dumbed down deathknights WAAAAAAAY too much in 4.0

blood used to be hard, till they dumbed that down in DS
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Basso View Post
    There are 29 Mage talents
    29 implies at least one of the tiers has an irregular amount of options. Looking forward to the update!
    Four of the talent slots have a different talent for each spec. 17 shared + 4 spec-specific * 3 specs = 29
    Mage talents have received significant revision. Currently: 12 brand new, 3 existing/old spells now talents, 4 w/ major changes.
    looks like mages will be getting the makeover warlocks got in mop. shame.

[COLOR="#0000FF"]
    - Master of Ghouls now also makes your crit-chance increase your ghouls damage (20% crit chance = 20% more ghoul damage)
    You know Ghouls do already gain our crit chance? Why make crit a double dip stat, increasing Ghoul crit chance and passive damage in the same stat? This makes no sence.