Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The Removal of CRZ: Worst Implementation Ever

With the increase in merged realms, and the consistent over-population in some zones, I personally, in my own opinion, think it is time to remove CRZ. Cross realm Zones were a bandaid for a much bigger issue. Now that the issue is being addressed via realm mergers, there is no longer a need to be crossed with realms outside of our own merger.

The rubberband effect when crossing the lines is ridiculous. Trying to chase someone down for revenge is near impossible if they end up in a different CRZ. Going back to grab that rare you spotted as you flew over on a flight path is seldom, if ever, possible.

It's time to rip off the bandaid and let the freshly merged servers heal. Just my 2 cents.

Probably the first of your posts that i agree with.

Even with the server mergers, there really aren't that many people in the old zones. CRZ populates these by combining a ton of servers, not just the ones that are being merged.

That's one reason for CRZ.

The other reason is that these server mergers aren't exactly ideal. I know my old server still has a completely dead horde side, even after the merger. They can't do world bosses without CRZ. Those who are unwilling to transfer rely on it to continue to play.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    With the increase in merged realms, and the consistent over-population in some zones, I personally, in my own opinion, think it is time to remove CRZ. Cross realm Zones were a bandaid for a much bigger issue. Now that the issue is being addressed via realm mergers, there is no longer a need to be crossed with realms outside of our own merger.

The rubberband effect when crossing the lines is ridiculous. Trying to chase someone down for revenge is near impossible if they end up in a different CRZ. Going back to grab that rare you spotted as you flew over on a flight path is seldom, if ever, possible.

It's time to rip off the bandaid and let the freshly merged servers heal. Just my 2 cents.

CRZ was developed for older zones, not newer ones. Which is the reason it wasn't enabled in Pandaria.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

CRZ will still be needed in old content zones. Most likely will be activated in Pandaria come WoD

15+ Year Old Account
    Low population realms no longer have advantage for those farming rare commodities over high population realms. They also actually feel alive again.

Only problem I have with them is that they encourage cross-realm grieving by players whom simply port back to their own realm when they can't handle retaliation.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Deleted
    I transferred to a Horde dominant server to avoid being ganked while leveling. All of the sudden some Alliance douche from Frostmane comes and kills my ass. Please remove CRZ.

10+ Year Old Account
    The point of CRZ is to make sure that everyzone have at least a couple of players there (even if you merge 2 or 3 realms, you will most likely have zones with almost no players)

For the majority of the areas I can see the removal as a step forward, but for other areas like the new upcoming PVP zone in WoD having a large pool of players would make the experience more enjoyable if they are able to implement it right.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    I transferred to a Horde dominant server to avoid being ganked while leveling. All of the sudden some Alliance douche from Frostmane comes and kills my ass. Please remove CRZ.
    If that was really your problem why didn't you transfered to a PVE server instead of a PVP horde dominant server?

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

No what you need is to be on a pve server. If you joined a pvp server you are only getting what you agreed to by joining it.

If you don't like random pvp don't play on a pvp server.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

It always seemed to me that CRZ only actually benefits griefers.

I think that seeing more players in lower level areas (as I have been) is mainly being caused by the effect of realm connecting. I also think it's only temporary. When players have their realm connected to another realm they gain 11 (or more) extra character slots. I expect that a lot of people are rolling new characters because of this. Once the realm connecting has been around for awhile, we won't be seeing as many new characters being rolled out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    If that was really your problem why didn't you transfered to a PVE server instead of a PVP horde dominant server?
    Quite sure it was a joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    You got killed on a PvP server? GASP

I don't see the issue with CRZ, get over it. God forbid you have to compete in an MMO
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

I'm sorta thinking you are kidding.

CRZ will never be removed. The real reason for its existence is to reduce the amount of server shards Blizzard has to run. They are fully aware that it has no benefit on player experience, it's simply another cost-saving measure to improve profits that are constantly shrinking.

What would be advantageous is increasing the spawn rate of "named" mobs so that they are always up, and taking Ring of Blood style quests (which are now absolute hell to complete) and giving them their own phasing for groups.

The other reason is that these server mergers aren't exactly ideal. I know my old server still has a completely dead horde side, even after the merger. They can't do world bosses without CRZ. Those who are unwilling to transfer rely on it to continue to play.
    World bosses can easily be done with the "other raids" tab. It takes all of my characters about 3 minutes tops to get groups for Celestials once I join it (don't have the cloak yet for Ordos).
    Last edited by Farabee; 2014-02-28 at 03:40 PM.

Deleted
    I agree, CRZ brought nothing good to game.

Aside from PvP realm issues it brought competition over resources, over rares and over quest objectives. If quest objectives were shared it could have been a good idea, but they are not - "collect X of Y" quests encourage competition, not cooperation.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Mostly agree. The only activities people do in old zones are level and do achievements. It's not really fun or interesting gameplay to make it more difficult to get X Rare Mount or Y Achievement simply because the entire population of WoW can be merged in a virtual space. They say it is 'how it was intended' when the reality is the game has never been like that. Just sounds like a bit of hypocrisy to keep dangling a carrot really. I think they should make CRZ optional(with a toggle). That way people wanting to do specific activities can choose to only be on their server without other players.
    BAD WOLF

I feel like they manually need to go to each zone and see where it's needed, it's very needed in a lot of places - Not very much elsewhere.