Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I personally love the squish. Numbers were getting way too big.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    No it doesnt look awsome from the perspective of my tank bear who gets the shits nerved from 1,5mill hp to shit....
    goodby progress...
    And here is me thinking that progress was measured by what you are able to do . silly me I should of known it was just how big the number was

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    My suggestion for those upset by smaller numbers is that they measure the size of their favorite piece of anatomy in millimeters, so it can be "larger".
    Pure gold

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Pro squish crowd can't make a case without lobbing insults. It's quite funny. Even the moderator says you're shallow if you don't like the squish.
    because there is nothing else to think

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    MonaLisa's comment about being shallow is in no way a compelling argument. Other arguments are, but that was not.
    But it was the truth

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    Resetting numbers would be fine in a game like LoL. This is an RPG, not some MOBA.
    Which part of "the 32 bit engine will break " is actually hard to understand

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    I don't like the squish, yet I know how it works. I even had to explain multiple times to 'pro-squish' people how it worked.
    Then you know the game will break without it and yet you still don't want the squish ............

So, wait -- if this removes those power jumps, what happens to the raid gear from older levels ? Is every level 70 epic the same ilvl ??
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hoofton View Post
    False, they are going to upgrade stats more linearly now, so we wont be up to MoP stats by xpac #7
    Of the various things that have been said about stat squishing, reducing the jumps between new expansions/tiers is definitely not and never has been even for a moment even in the slightest tiniest ambiguous way one of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sul View Post
    Which part of "the 32 bit engine will break " is actually hard to understand
    If it was a 32 bit engine it would have ceased to function long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    So, wait -- if this removes those power jumps, what happens to the raid gear from older levels ? Is every level 70 epic the same ilvl ??
    Possibly, or it could just be the gap will close when they squish the expansion down.

The whole reason the jumps were so huge is that ICC gear had to be significantly stronger than ToC gear, which had to be significantly stronger than Ulduar gear, and so on. Since you no longer progress through those instances, that's no longer the case, so there may be only a couple of ilevels difference between them.

But the important part is that it doesn't matter. Even if ICC gear lasts you all the way to level 85, it's irrelevant because ICC stopped being part of the progression path once Cataclysm came out. So for example, the ilevels may be such that ICC gear is roughly equal to level 85 quest gear. You COULD grind through ICC and be horribly overpowered leveling through Cataclysm... but nobody's going to do that since it would take much longer than just leveling normally.

Fucking hell this thread is a 50/50 mix of idiots with no clue commenting and the rest correcting them. I wish people would just read up on stuff and understand it before mouthing off.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread went insane. People just can't stand a dissenting opinion. Why are you all so angry?

it's all good up until level 100 where the stats are increasaing too much and it gets out of control from right there.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    This thread went insane. People just can't stand a dissenting opinion. Why are you all so angry?
    This is human nature. The majority here agree that this is a "good change" in their view. They can't possibly see the other side view.

Deleted
    If big numbers are important to you (not me, I prefer smaller numbers, easier to work with) then there are addons and script commands that increase the numbers.
    If I recall there was a script command called gold to silver ratio or something like that, that multiplied your gold shown, it didn't actually increase, it just looked higher.
    I think there must be something like that for stats and damage.

I think the squish would also put less strain on the servers just due to the sheer numbers being lower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then you know the game will break without it and yet you still don't want the squish ............
    And guess what? It turns out that this wasn't true. Watcher tweeted about it just today. They were just willing to say anything to sell the squish to people.
    Last edited by SL1200; 2014-03-01 at 11:08 AM.

I think that since it was first discussed in Cata (or before) there must've been hundreds of thousands of pages of threads devoted to discussing this.

But when it happens it will have zero impact on your experience of the game. Shrug.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Unfortunately, they are just bring us back down to Wrath levels at 90. By 100 we will be at ~Cata levels, and by expansion #7 we will need another squish.
    I don't think that's correct. They said that if they'd done it in Cata their projections showed they wouldn't have to do it again for 3+ expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by hoofton View Post
    False, they are going to upgrade stats more linearly now, so we wont be up to MoP stats by xpac #7
    I think stat inflation will continue at max level much as it does now, they still want upgrades to feel powerful. And with 4 tiers of content there will be a big spread of ILVLs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    This is human nature. The majority here agree that this is a "good change" in their view. They can't possibly see the other side view.
    It is a good change, not just in the "pro-squish" crowds eyes, but in general. Even if you dont like it, does not mean its not a good change in general, maybe in your eyes, but not in general. So the reason "pro-squish" crowd argue the way they do, is because they are right, and its not just "in their own view" they are right.

The "anti-squish" crowd does not have an argument other than "omgz my numbers will be smaller". And I am sorry, but that is a shit argument. When it has been explained time and time again that it wont affect your relative power to everything else. I did not like it in the start either, because I too felt it was making me weaker, but then I went and read a bit, and understood what it is doing and why it had to happend. Now I am really looking foreward to it. Also because needing to design all bosses around 2-3-4 healing phases would have been stupid, (which they would have needed to do in the next expansion if no squish) because of the 32bit.

So to put it simple, the "anti-squish" crowd simply does not have an argument worth discussing. "I will feel weaker" is no argument when in relative to all other stuff you will be just as strong as you were before the squish. If you're mad that they "nerfed" your dps from 400k to 4k, just imagine they removed the "," to spaces to the left of your old number.

If you can bring another argument than "I will feel weaker", I will gladly listen, until then, sorry, your opinion and argument is stupid and will be treated as such.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I think stat inflation will continue at max level much as it does now, they still want upgrades to feel powerful. And with 4 tiers of content there will be a big spread of ILVLs.
    They have to if they are holding to what they said about if an item from a new instance (tier) drop, it should always replace what you have on you from older tiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    where BWL gear was not too too tremendously better than UBRS gear.
    You have no idea what you're talking about.

mmm minute before 6.0 goes live my arcane shoot hit a croc for 20% of its health , 1 minute after 6.0 goes live my arcane shot hits same croc for......... 20% 0f its health --what have I lost ???????
    5 years of character progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    We can see the other side's view. And we can see that it is wrong.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    We can see the other side's view. And we can see that it is wrong.
    "Because I'm right" isn't such a good reason as you might think.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I seriously am going to start copying quotes like this. A year after WoD releases, and everyone has gotten good and comfortable, I'm going to create a thread and post all of these quotes from people who can't comprehend that this makes absolutely fuck-all difference other than what your numbers look like, and I'm going to ask, "So, how badly did it nerf you? Oh? You're still end-game progressing? I thought it was a nerf and you wouldn't be able to do it?"

You, Fummockelchen, are person number 13 on my list so far. You have been quoted, and I will make the thread to call you out on it later on down the road.

I have unfortunately bowed out from playing WoW, so I won't get to see how this fares. Well, other than from posts here. But it's something I've been looking forward to, and I'm curious how it'll pan out.
    Its fully understood that blizzard is going to enable us to do the content with the squish. no one here is claiming i cant do my job pre-nerf. and waiting one year later to throw something in someone's face proves what? that he was "forced" to accept the way things are? if the nerf is going through we obviously are going to have to deal with it.. it does not mean we like it but we will deal with it as its that or quit. It is the perceived perception of a character some of us have worked on since the game launched to suddenly loose 6 years of progress that is not sitting well with some of us. the relative power is fine.. but the visual perception is still there.. im hitting only as hard as i was 6 years ago.. hence.. weaker toon

I prefer seeing bigger numbers personally, and it's going to be rather disappointing to see the same numbers I was generating in WOTLK/Cata; even if they're proportionally much higher than in that expansion. So long as things are proportionally higher however, then i'll probably get used to it; in the same way that I got used to playing WoW on widescreen with my new laptop.

I can't help but feel this is just a band-aid however; sooner or later in X amount of expansions, they'll have to bite the bullet and upgrade.
    Last edited by Austilias; 2014-03-01 at 02:21 PM.