Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck me. How can people STILL not understand it does not change anything but the amount of HP is shows you to have. You still do the same percentage of damage and nothing will change soloing wise.
    Aye mate

As Blizzard have said multiple times and even used very easy to understand graphs, the squish will do NOTHING to your solo ability.

If your attack takes 10% of a mobs hp now it will take 10% of a mobs hp post squish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously? How many freaking times do people have to say this? THE STAT SQUISH WILL NOT (according to blizzard) AFFECT OLD CONTENT SOLOING. IN FACT, IT MIGHT ACTUALLY BECOME EASIER DUE TO BLIZZARD MAKING IT SO IF YOURE WAY ABOVE A MOBS LEVEL YOULL HAVE SOME SORT OF HIDDEN ADVANTAGE THAT MAKES YOU DO MORE DAMAGE OR WHATEVER.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivena View Post
    "If it takes you 5seconds to kill a Timeless Isle Gulp Frog, it will still take you 5 seconds to kill a Timeless Isle Gulp Frog." - Greg Street
    This should be a requirement in every member sig.

Blizz quote "It's important to understand that this isn’t a nerf—in effect, you’ll still be just as powerful, but the numbers that you see will be easier to comprehend. This also won’t reduce your ability to solo old content. In fact, to provide some additional peace of mind, we're implementing further scaling of your power against lower-level targets so that earlier content will be even more accessible than it is now."

Now im a cynical bastard who doesn't believe a word anybody says but im gonna trust blizz on this one BUT if they renege on this im gonna be super pissed

Soloing shit is one of the few pleasures i get from wow.

The relaxation i get from farming mounts and hopeing for mog gear is one of the few reason i still sub now until WoD.

Deleted
    A lvl 60 will be able to solo lvl 60 raids now. It'll make PvE twinking really OP. It won't affect lvl 100s though since they'll be scaled back as much as a lvl 100 will be scaled back.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    They said you get some kind of buff to help with old content. I still find it funny people say the squish doesn't change anything.
    The buff is for people like you who need even more assurance that old content will be soloable. Its not needed, but it will make you shut up about killing your level 90 raid bosses and under, at 100.
    Chronomancer Club

10+ Year Old Account
    Best way to explain this is: You can still solo everything that you've been able to solo, just with smaller numbers for HP, damage ect
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Are peoples brains really still having trouble getting this? I don't understand really how many times blizzard has to say that soloing old content will not be affected in any way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSnail View Post
    Now I can easily solo almost all old content for mount drops. What would happen after item squish? Will it become harder or impossible to solo bosses from 1 or 2 expansion behind current expansion?
    It will become easier.....
    Why easier?
    Because the squish has zero impact on the overall mechanics. It's just number crunching. We do less damage, targets have less health, bringing it down to exactly what we have now too. You need 10 hits with 100k right now to kill a 1mio health mob. You'll need 10 hits with 10k to kill the mob which has then 100k health.
    And since you leveled from 90 to 100 and are farming old content, you hopelessly overpower the old content which you farm right now, even more.
    Tempest Keep mob will fall over as trivial then, like Molten Core mob falls over now.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

I can understand peoples anxiety over this

Blizz hasnt done a very good job explaining it.

People have visions that ragnaros in MC will have about 50k health instead of over a mil health and that it will look weird seeing bosses with greatly diminished health pools doing greatly diminished attacks.

I can more or less one shot raggy in MC and at level 100 it wont even be funny so the fact we are suppose to be more powerful but not look as powerful looks strange and weird to people and i can understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Fuck me. How can people STILL not understand it does not change anything but the amount of HP is shows you to have. You still do the same percentage of damage and nothing will change soloing wise.
    For one because it's not just a flat percentage decrease but making all the exponential increases from vanilla to MoP linear. That being said I do recall Blizzard saying that, if need be, they'd apply a buff to a character in pre-WoD zones if you're the only person there for soloing purposes. I'm interested in what they do but I am certainly glad I have nearly every in-game mount pre-MoP and the ones I still need probably won't be too difficult to do even after the squish.

OMG no stop asking these useless questions. Nothing will be affected. It's all relative ffs.

Or we could just wait and see...

But no, let's spend our time trying to predict the future. That works so much better.
    Feel like you have a target on your back around here?

Knowing this place, you probably do.

I'm amazed with people on these forums. Just the other day Blizzard said AGAIN the the soloing shit will not only be the same, but probably easier. And then there are those that say "I don't believe anything that Blizzard says". Good for ya, but that doesn't make you sane

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    I'm amazed with people on these forums. Just the other day Blizzard said AGAIN the the soloing shit will not only be the same, but probably easier. And then there are those that say "I don't believe anything that Blizzard says". Good for ya, but that doesn't make you sane
    That's just what some people do. I ignore it all, but others can't help but get baited into it. Numbers won't be as big on the screen, but things will still die at the same rate and probably even faster next expansion. That's all you need to know. lol

Deleted
    i dont think it will be harder to farm mounts

15+ Year Old Account
    As I understand it, they're reducing the scaling up each old tier received. I don't know if they're just going to flatten the ilvl of all level 60/70/80/85 epics, or just reduce the spaces in between them, but if they do remove them, it stands to reason that they'd be similarly nerfed, for instance you could imagine them bringing ICC down to Naxx levels if the rewards are no longer ilvl 264 but 200 instead. Gives them more space to bring down the quest reward ilvls for the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    A lvl 60 will be able to solo lvl 60 raids now. It'll make PvE twinking really OP. It won't affect lvl 100s though since they'll be scaled back as much as a lvl 100 will be scaled back.
    [citation needed], really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Quote Originally Posted by OldSnail View Post
    Now I can easily solo almost all old content for mount drops. What would happen after item squish? Will it become harder or impossible to solo bosses from 1 or 2 expansion behind current expansion?
    No. /thread

Intel Core i5 4690K 3.50Ghz, OC'd to 4.0Ghz | 8GB Corsair DDR3-1066 RAM | Gigabyte Z97-HD3
    NVIDIA GeForce 680GTX 2048MB VRAM | Corsair 750TX 750W PSU | Phantecks Dual fan PH-TC14PE