Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    Cool great, thanks for the info and sorry for the off topic question. So when I invite my friends to my group they will also be able to see my garrison right?
    Yes indeed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    Cool great, thanks for the info and sorry for the off topic question. So when I invite my friends to my group they will also be able to see my garrison right?
    Yes they will see the Garrison of the party leader.

Deleted
    Do not let your pursuit of optimism cloud your reality, General.

If the beta doesn't drop within the next two week, a june release is off the table.
    Going to call beta on March 13th.

Btw, If Hearthstone was to release on April 15th, wouldn't it have been announced on February 15th?

Quote Originally Posted by GuniorBinda View Post
    Do not let your pursuit of optimism cloud your reality, General.

If the beta doesn't drop within the next two week, a june release is off the table.
    Going to call beta on March 13th.

Btw, If Hearthstone was to release on April 15th, wouldn't it have been announced on February 15th?
    First, there is another thread going on with a theory that in house testing is more important on WoD and we will only be testing endgame, I suggest you take a look at it, it is in fact a very interesting theory and makes quite a bit of sense, it is a bit too optimistic for my taste though. Second, HS is F2P, they do not need to announce a release ever if they don't want to, it could just one day go live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MCBGamer View Post
    First, there is another thread going on with a theory that in house testing is more important on WoD and we will only be testing endgame, I suggest you take a look at it, it is in fact a very interesting theory and makes quite a bit of sense, it is a bit too optimistic for my taste though. Second, HS is F2P, they do not need to announce a release ever if they don't want to, it could just one day go live.
    Off topic but that avatar I swear makes me gag lol
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Off topic but that avatar I swear makes me gag lol
    Oh no, do I need to change it again :P

Deleted
    Think I am gonna go with beta start of April.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MCBGamer View Post
    As much sense as it may be, it's too unrealistic and optimistic. It is in Blizzard's favour to have players test all the content.
    For example, Shadowmoon Valley is complete and no bugs can be detected. Imagine the Jade Forest situation being applied to that. The QQ and flaming wil be beyond comprehension.
    Didn't know about HS though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, I still dont belive that these were slip ups. Both of these showed up weeks before thier respective betas, along with other assests. So unless they're changeing the method in which beta is shown, I'd better advise waiting until some solid deduction of Beta is shown, because aside from Boub saying ''its comeing in Feb/March'' we've seen pretty much no indication.

Quote Originally Posted by GuniorBinda View Post
    As much sense as it may be, it's too unrealistic and optimistic. It is in Blizzard's favour to have players test all the content.
    For example, Shadowmoon Valley is complete and no bugs can be detected. Imagine the Jade Forest situation being applied to that. The QQ and flaming wil be beyond comprehension.
    Didn't know about HS though.
    I'd argue that the theory makes no sense at all. With public beta testing, Blizzard is essentially getting thousands of hours of QA testing done for free. On top of that, they are able to get feedback and see the player reaction to new changes and lore and questlines and systems without risking putting them in the live game. What would Blizzard have to gain by keeping most testing in house? I don't really see anything they would gain other than increased costs and less critical feedback to make good decisions off of.

On top of that, we have had Cory Stockton and Holinka speak about how Blizzard prefers a long and iterative beta process. That doesn't sound like what you would hear from a company about to move most of the testing in house and drastically cut the beta duration that we have seen on the last 2 expansions. I really think this theory is just something people are cooking up because they don't want to accept that a June release is incredibly unlikely at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shampro View Post
    also, i still dont belive that these were slip ups. Both of these showed up weeks before thier respective betas, along with other assests. So unless they're changeing the method in which beta is shown, i'd better advise waiting until some solid deduction of beta is shown, because aside from boub saying ''its comeing in feb/march'' we've seen pretty much no indication.

"i will tear your world apart!!!"
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Also, I still dont belive that these were slip ups. Both of these showed up weeks before thier respective betas, along with other assests. So unless they're changeing the method in which beta is shown, I'd better advise waiting until some solid deduction of Beta is shown, because aside from Boub saying ''its comeing in Feb/March'' we've seen pretty much no indication.
    Well, you can't say he is an unreliable source. Ever since I started visiting MMO-Champion, he has only been wrong once, and that was The Dark Below fake trademark. He was right about WoD (although it was leaked a few days before his confirmation), he was right about MoP (many didn't believe it/expected a mobile game) and he was right about Cataclysm (changing/breaking the whole world? yeah right).

At this point, I take his word. Besides, when someone gives a 'month1-month2' kind of date, I always read it as 'month1 15-month2 15', otherwise it would be stated as month1 or month2. I didn't expect beta to begin early february.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Well, you can't say he is an unreliable source. Ever since I started visiting MMO-Champion, he has only been wrong once, and that was The Dark Below fake trademark. He was right about WoD (although it was leaked a few days before his confirmation), he was right about MoP (many didn't believe it/expected a mobile game) and he was right about Cataclysm (changing/breaking the whole world? yeah right).

At this point, I take his word. Besides, when someone gives a 'month1-month2' kind of date, I always read it as 'month1 15-month2 15', otherwise it would be stated as month1 or month2. I didn't expect beta to begin early february.
    And even with the TDB, all MMO-C reported is that it was filed as a trademark application, iirc. I don't recall anything he was "wrong" about.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

I'm getting hyped again honestly. Maybe its just all of this idle sitting around, but there's a good chance beta is within 1-2 weeks, and I'm almost certain we will be getting some sort of news (and maybe even some beta assets on battle.net) this week. That's something to be hyped for, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post

Oh no no, I indeed trust Boub. What I meant is that so far apart from his statement, there's been no real indication of inminent Beta, if the past is any precedent. That's why I said that I hope that they changed their method for publishing beta over on battle.net, because if that's not the case, things are getting scary, even more so that they already are :P

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    And even with the TDB, all MMO-C reported is that it was filed as a trademark application, iirc. I don't recall anything he was "wrong" about.
    AWWW YOU'RE SUCH A FANBOY.

Although yeah it's kind of true, there's usually a difference between "huh yeah a trademark has been filled and it might be something" and "hey the name of the new expac is that.". I don't feel like looking for the old news but I'm pretty sure the wordings were quite different.

As for the expac beta, we'll see, March can probably still happen without too much problem since we're basically in the phase of "crapton of press tour before people can datamine stuff" and my tiny ears still hint at "soon". Still can't predict random development delays though.

For the time being, you should probably investigate http://i.imgur.com/F1Wbb.jpg (yes I can derail threads it's my site, you can't)

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post

Although yeah it's kind of true, there's usually a difference between "huh yeah a trademark has been filled and it might be something" and "hey the name of the new expac is that.". I don't feel like looking for the old news but I'm pretty sure the wordings were quite different.

As for the expac beta, we'll see, March can probably still happen without too much problem since we're basically in the phase of "crapton of press tour before people can datamine stuff" and my tiny ears still hint at "soon". Still can't predict random development delays though.

For the time being, you should probably investigate http://i.imgur.com/F1Wbb.jpg (yes I can derail threads it's my site, you can't)
    You are amazing.

Still not eating the mice! Some cats never change...

Thanks for the update. Also, that picture...

Well this guy does amazing predictions and posts the important ones on front page news, however it doesn't mean from time to time he can't just shoot a normal prediction as a normal conversation based on common sense without people quoting that as "Boub said it there is no way it can be wrong"; and hanging on it forever!