Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    inquisition takes zero effort to maintain with a 60 second limit. pressing one button every 60 seconds...what's the point other than being needlessly annoying?

"burn phase, oh shit inq is going to run out. better waste my holy power on it!"

at least have it refresh with finishers, a la slice and dice.

Something you guys aren't grasping: Something(s) has to go. Would you rather it be freedom, bop, salv, sac? No everyone would cry. Emancipation? No the pvp kids would cry. HoJ? Good joke. Bubble? Better joke.

If you were to make a priority list of shit that you wouldn't want cut, I'm pretty sure inq would be pretty low on the totem pole.

Lets be real here for a second because again i think people are missing the point.

Bear saying challenge is kinda retarded to me. There is nothing challenging in the gameplay in the slightest. I could kill a heroic boss doing my usual dps half passed out on the keyboard ffs.

I hate the removal of inqu and not going passive how rogue / druid scaling factors are going because I have a complete lack of faith in blizzards ability to properly tune our damage once they remove a core scaling element of the class. FFS does nobody remember MoP beta and the last minute 25% 2h spec going to 20% then plooop 10% in like the closing days of beta. I was floored by the incompetence of the team man-handling ret as per the course.

I hope I'm wrong about this beta. But again as long as SoB is intact and inqu removal is slated it's already setting the stage for a shitshow.

S'nD only refreshes for assaination iirc and they're looking at that in WoD, prob gonna be a talent like it'll be for ferals Savage Roar, could prob make it for ret as well, either pick Inq autorefreshing on finishers or get something you have to play to get.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    No they fucking don't... On one of their dots/buffs maybe but those specs have other things to maintain. Ever played feral druid in mop? They have FOUR things to maintain: Rake, Rip, Thrash and Savage Roar.
    Apparently you did not read the ALMOST word in the sentence you quoted.

Quote Originally Posted by ujx View Post
    Something you guys aren't grasping: Something(s) has to go. Would you rather it be freedom, bop, salv, sac? No everyone would cry. Emancipation? No the pvp kids would cry. HoJ? Good joke. Bubble? Better joke.

If you were to make a priority list of shit that you wouldn't want cut, I'm pretty sure inq would be pretty low on the totem pole.
    Why exactly does paladins need pruned? they nutered us already of abilities each expac.

Bye shield slam, bye SS, goodbye Freedom stun removal, how are you doing magic cleanse goodbye!, oh good evening 3 different healing spells snip snip, Consecration who uses this!.

I'm floored at the idea that paladins even need pruned. Just more illogical shit from the design team putting their hands on paladins.

- - - Updated - - -

I bet salv gets pruned too in the process. Be wonderful! then I lose my get out of jail free card when the incompetent masses are tanking pug content who clearly have no idea what a taunt is for.

Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    "burn phase, oh shit inq is going to run out. better waste my holy power on it."
    That's why you plan ahead, "burn phase is in 15 sec and my Inq is running out in 10, I might as well refresh early and build up to 5 combo points for the burn phase to start!"

They have to maintain Rake, Rip, Thrash
    OMFG a DoT spec has to keep up DoTs?

Those are their attacks that they spend their energy on. That's like saying we have to "maintain" using Crusader Strike, Judgement and Exorcism. Well I guess so if we want to deal damage!

Please refrain from posting meme or meme-like images. - Malthanis
    Last edited by Malthanis; 2014-03-03 at 04:22 PM.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    If the developers were interested in "proper balance" they would have removed DoT snapshotting two expansions ago, instead of telling us in less subtle terms that we had a low skill cap because we weren't allowed to use it to cheat like some other classes. No, I'm interested in good performance, because balance is something World of Warcraft will NEVER have. EVER.

Sadly even if we turn out well, we will simply be nerfed until we're no longer competitive. You said it yourself, it happens in every beta anyway. We had Inquisition in 4.0 and 5.0, did that make us "properly balanced?" And if they're just going to gut our damage again regardless, for the fifth!!!! time in a row (10 second CS, MASSIVE nerfs in Wrath beta, idiotic Mastery AND reversion of the buff to Templar's Verdict before Cata launch, lsoing half our procs/CDs and CONSTANT nit-noy nerfs in MoP beta until I personally called Greg out on his crap), I would rather lose the one spell that feels like a chore, TYVM.
    No because our other scaling factor sword of light was gutted in mop beta and in Cata we went live in 4.0 as literally the only class without a working mastery.

Apparently you did not read the ALMOST word in the sentence you quoted.
    Yes I did, and I responded accordingly. Some classes have mechanics that extend their dots/buffs, make a list of those who have auto refresh on their uptime buffs/debuffs and try to claim that "almost all" have it...

OMFG a DoT spec has to keep up DoTs?

Those are their attacks that they spend their energy on. That's like saying we have to "maintain" using Crusader Strike, Judgement and Exorcism. Well I guess so if we want to deal damage!
    No they have to roll the dots with procs and shit like the rune which is still extremely overpowered for Feral dps.
    It's not mindless ret Hurp durp hitting buttons.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you were being a condescending ass who is unaware of this
    Last edited by Malthanis; 2014-03-03 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Why exactly does paladins need pruned? they nutered us already of abilities each expac.

Bye shield slam, bye SS, goodbye Freedom stun removal, how are you doing magic cleanse goodbye!, oh good evening 3 different healing spells snip snip, Consecration who uses this!.

I'm floored at the idea that paladins even need pruned. Just more illogical shit from the design team putting their hands on paladins.

- - - Updated - - -

I bet salv gets pruned too in the process. Be wonderful! then I lose my get out of jail free card when the incompetent masses are tanking pug content who clearly have no idea what a taunt is for.
    To be fair, paladins and shamans are one of the classes that have a ton of buttons. I probably have close to 15-20 keybinds not counting my razer naga keybinds. Compare that to some pure dps classes. On my warlock I have maybe half the keybinds, same with hunter.

I'm not saying paladin needs any spells removed, but Blizzard is probably going to address it.

For the first time you're correct. We maintain shit to do damage!

To be fair, paladins and shamans are one of the classes that have a ton of buttons. I probably have close to 15-20 keybinds not counting my razer naga keybinds. Compare that to some pure dps classes. On my warlock I have maybe half the keybinds, same with hunter.

I'm not saying paladin needs any spells removed, but Blizzard is probably going to address it.
    Blizzard are fools then. Druids/ shamans/ and paladins should inheirently have a ton of abilities.

- - - Updated - - -

Also forgot holy radiance was pruned from being avail to ret too,

- - - Updated - - -

If the developers were interested in "proper balance" they would have removed DoT snapshotting two expansions ago, instead of telling us in less subtle terms that we had a low skill cap because we weren't allowed to use it to cheat like some other classes. No, I'm interested in good performance, because balance is something World of Warcraft will NEVER have. EVER.

Sadly even if we turn out well, we will simply be nerfed until we're no longer competitive. You said it yourself, it happens in every beta anyway. We had Inquisition in 4.0 and 5.0, did that make us "properly balanced?" And if they're just going to gut our damage again regardless, for the fifth!!!! time in a row (10 second CS, MASSIVE nerfs in Wrath beta, idiotic Mastery AND reversion of the buff to Templar's Verdict before Cata launch, lsoing half our procs/CDs and CONSTANT nit-noy nerfs in MoP beta until I personally called Greg out on his crap), I would rather lose the one spell that feels like a chore, TYVM.
    To be fair the only thing that fucked us in MoP beta was when they gutted 25 spec for 15% of our total dps just before it went live.

Rest is about spot on. Cept you missed HOLY STRIKE for vanilla :P

Yes I did, and I responded accordingly. Some classes have mechanics that extend their dots/buffs, make a list of those who have auto refresh on their uptime buffs/debuffs and try to claim that "almost all" have it...
    I posed a question about the following classes/spec: warriors, warlocks, hunters, moonkins, shadow priests, shamans and death knights. You then replied with something about feral druids...

The bottom line is what I have been saying all along. Blizzard thinks there are problems with ability bloat. Paladin being one of the classes with the most buttons, I would have to assume we would be one of the prime candidates for pruning. If they had to take a spell away, I'm glad it's Inq and not something more integral to our utility or damage.
    Last edited by ujx; 2014-03-03 at 07:08 AM.

Oh and dont forget the allaince VS horde paladin retardedness of TBC. and our tier / class scaling which extended way beyond the problems of the 10 second CS

- - - Updated - - -

Itemization * not scaling.

GODDAMN THIS EDIT BUTTON. SOMEONE HELP WHY WONT IT WOOORKKK!!111!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I posed a question about the following classes/spec: warriors, warlocks, hunters, moonkins, shadow priests, shamans and death knights. You then replied with something about feral druids...
    Savage roar = inqu

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    No they have to roll the dots with procs and shit like the rune which is still extremely overpowered for Feral dps.
    It's not mindless ret Hurp durp hitting buttons.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you were being a condescending ass who is unaware of this
    I know all about DoT snapshotting. I had to learn it on my Warlock six years ago, and I thought it was overpowered (what 100% trinket uptime? GTFO) and stupid then. Surprisingly, my opinion on the matter has not changed. What most Druids would have you believe is that it's like jumping through flaming hoops while doing a triple axle, but the reality is they spend most of their time staring at the screen waiting for their energy bar to refill. I think our "hurp durp" twitch gameplay is much more compelling.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

You're correct, paladins and shamans (somewhat druids) have a lot of abilities in their spellbook, but how many of those are utility/hybrid things left from the old days? Ret has 3-5 buttons we use every minute for our dps rotation, moonkins the same, feral have 6-7 if I count correctly (my alt is druid, former main. I like hybrids) ele has what? 4? Enh idk, prob somewhere around the same as ret does, I count Lightning Bolt + Chain lightning as one, same as TV/DS is one and CS/HotR is combined.
    Remove those utility spells? Sure some could, I think they'll end up merging emancipate with cleanse and such.

paladin4lyfe

If they had to take a spell away, I'm glad it's Inq and not something more integral to our utility or damage.
    Inq is by far the biggest dps factor (and scaling factor) for ret except actual gear improvement.
    They can merge a lot of spells in our utility kit without the need to touch our damage abilities...

Just to add to the "almost all classes have auto refresh on dots..."
    Inq was 30-36 sec before, then it got increased to 1min because ppl had problems with it. In a way those 24 extra seconds we got could've been "every 3 holy power you use increases the duration by X seconds"
    They could've done that instead, imo Inq was more involved before the duration buff...
    Last edited by Huntingbear_grimbatol; 2014-03-03 at 07:21 AM.