SoO dps

Whats good dps for flex?
    Min dps for normal?
    Bare min for heroic?
    On average

Flex: 200k (just a guess)
    Norm: 330k (Raidbots 25M)
    Heroic: 450k (Raidbots 25M)

But the answer, as well as the question, is pointless.

450k dps for herioc? rofl...
    Oceanic spriest, thanks blizz for giving us aus servers. 9/9 mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by dzidek View Post

But the answer, as well as the question, is meaningless.
    Your numbers are crazy high given I imagine you aren't doing 450k on most fights yourself after having cleared 14/14hc and nearly fully geared.

@OP

good dps for flex is 200k. Minimum is probably mid 100's so 150k~ but this will depend on how many healers you take etc.
    Min dps for normal is below 200k, but 250k isn't an unreasonable expectation
    For heroic 280k+, you can once again likely get by with as low as nearly 200k for most fights, but not recommended.

Numbers are "sorta based on the more standard fights", when there's more breaking up the fight like immerseus dps will be lower, when theres free aoe like protectors it'll be higher and use your judgement for everything inbetween.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

330k minimum DPS for Normal? What have you been eating!?

In full normal gear, you can pull around 350-375k, at least I do.

Deleted
    It depends wether its fully single-target or cleave/aoe fights, the more you can whore the more DPS obviously

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Your numbers are crazy high given I imagine you aren't doing 450k on most fights yourself after having cleared 14/14hc and nearly fully geared.

@OP

good dps for flex is 200k. Minimum is probably mid 100's so 150k~ but this will depend on how many healers you take etc.
    Min dps for normal is below 200k, but 250k isn't an unreasonable expectation
    For heroic 280k+, you can once again likely get by with as low as nearly 200k for most fights, but not recommended.

Numbers are "sorta based on the more standard fights", when there's more breaking up the fight like immerseus dps will be lower, when theres free aoe like protectors it'll be higher and use your judgement for everything inbetween.
    I can't remember it perfectly, but how much DPS did one pull on average with ToT normal gear? That should be the "requirement", and I certainly didn't do 250k with 530~ ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by restoxpresso View Post
    I can't remember it perfectly, but how much DPS did one pull on average with ToT normal gear? That should be the "requirement", and I certainly didn't do 250k with 530~ ilvl.
    I did about 160k at 510 ilvl, from memory. as I said the requirement is below 200k but given most people are going to be in 540+ naturally it's hardly unreasonable to expect relevant numbers.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

I did about 160k at 510 ilvl, from memory. as I said the requirement is below 200k but given most people are going to be in 540+ naturally it's hardly unreasonable to expect relevant numbers.
    That's true.
    But to clear normal an average of 200k DPS is enough I think.

We can argue around that range all day 150-250, but in the end it's not mr optimistic's 330k :P

Yeah. As you said, this answer is pretty useless, because raidbot uses the top 100 rankings ( by default ). On most fights, this includes people who pad, people who upload like a 30 second log where they do insane damage, but not the entire fight. It also includes people who have completely overgeared the content ( e.g. people who are full heroic doing a quick normal run with friends ) and this doesn't give a good representation of what you'd have to be pulling in normal ( IMO 330k normal is way more than needed on most fights. )

My personal anwser would be around 150-200k single would be plenty for most flex fights, and for normal I guess it would be between 175k to 250k. For heroic you should be pulling around the 300k for most single target fights ( like Malkorok )

Note that, on raidbot, there is a fairly signifcant difference between the dps people do in 10hc and 25hc. I suppose this has to do with the higher availability of buffs you can receive from other players ( ToT, Skull Banner, Power Infusion )

Another thing is that, on progress especially, dps doesn't matter that much, because even though you're pulling a shit ton of dps, if you ignore everything you will die or wipe anyway

Haha top thread, will bookmark to read again.

AND THIS IS THE BARE MINIMUM DPS. All heroic raiders should be pushing out at least 600k+ sustained single target.

I think someone may have had their RaidBot set to top 100, who knows?

330k for normal also seems kinda low.

Like seriously, 330k?! For normal?! That's higher than the average DPS for heroic rofl.

So talent
    Much impress
    Do want
    Wow

I think it's clear no-one's taking anyone seriously in this thread.

On Topic:

Flex: 100k - 200k
    Normal: 150k - 300k
    Heroic: 250k - 400k

^ More realistic.
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-03-03 at 12:02 PM.

For some classes Immerseus is actually a really good fight on heroic. I play destro lock, so for me, that is a fight where i can pull alot of dps, pretty easily ( I've currently got rank 51 on 10hc, with nearly 540k DPS and 420k dps ( effective )). For some other classes though, that don't have the insane aoe locks do have, this fight is indeed bad for dps because of all the downtime ( like on normal )

Deleted

Please teach me mr. Miyagi!!

Deleted
    I doubt that. Highest dps during tier 14 (about 510 BiS) was about 140k.

On topic though: You can clear normal with about 150-200k dps. This is the dps needed from each player to the boss on each fight, and is not supposed to be the maximum possible dps on a single target. That number is pretty much irrelevant. First 8 heroics you can still get away with your raid doing about 250k on average or even lower.
    Don't know about flex.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    I doubt that. Highest dps during tier 14 (about 510 BiS) was about 140k.

On topic though: You can clear normal with about 150-200k dps. This is the dps needed from each player to the boss on each fight, and is not supposed to be the maximum possible dps on a single target. That number is pretty much irrelevant. First 8 heroics you can still get away with your raid doing about 250k on average or even lower.
    Don't know about flex.
    Just using durumu as only real reference for single target in there, and I probably had ToT weapons/trinkets since I got those fairly early on.

with full normal upgraded gear and a legendary cloak you'd have a 564 ilvl. you must be talking about a cleave fight rather than a patchwork because ~370k is a near perfect sim on a patchwork for me with a 574 ilvl. obviously not all classes are balanced perfectly, but i can't imagine a 564 doing as much as a 574 unless you're consistently having ridiculous luck with trinket uptime or you're talking about a cleave fight.

Quote Originally Posted by nolliepop View Post
    with full normal upgraded gear and a legendary cloak you'd have a 564 ilvl. you must be talking about a cleave fight rather than a patchwork because ~370k is a near perfect sim on a patchwork for me with a 574 ilvl. obviously not all classes are balanced perfectly, but i can't imagine a 564 doing as much as a 574 unless you're consistently having ridiculous luck with trinket uptime or you're talking about a cleave fight.
    I've done 330k in 560 on juggernaut a couple times (likely with some luck) and the pieces I'm missing are a weapon a trinket and a neck, it's also possible they had some warforged inflating.

If they're more consistent/better/slightly better geared/luckier/better class I could see 350k being doable. I main enhancement shaman which is already quite high up the single target list though with only a handful of specs above.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    We can argue around that range all day 150-250, but in the end it's not mr optimistic's 330k :P
    OP posed a silly question, because the advised/required DPS for the instance steadily increases.

As far as I know, less than 100k *average* DPS is (more than) okay to clear Flex wing 1. (That of course assume that the group is coordinated, not some lazy pug.) Something a little over 150 is needed for wing 4.

The first wing of normal requires under 150k, because, I know this will come as a shock, but 520-530 gear does not give the average DPS 200k single target with raid buffs.

I'm sorry guys, I didn't mean to come off as arrogant.

I play a Balance Druid, and I seriously can't see the problem with doing 350k DPS? I mean, it's not that hard, some classes might have problems pulling those numbers, but 350k isn't impossible for me to do, and we're talking single-target fights like Jugger and Malkorok.