Thread: SoO dps

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nolliepop View Post
    with full normal upgraded gear and a legendary cloak you'd have a 564 ilvl. you must be talking about a cleave fight rather than a patchwork because ~370k is a near perfect sim on a patchwork for me with a 574 ilvl. obviously not all classes are balanced perfectly, but i can't imagine a 564 doing as much as a 574 unless you're consistently having ridiculous luck with trinket uptime or you're talking about a cleave fight.
    Nah, you can go 568 with only normal gear if your class doesn't use 4p.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I've done 330k in 560 on juggernaut a couple times (likely with some luck) and the pieces I'm missing are a weapon a trinket and a neck, it's also possible they had some warforged inflating.

If they're more consistent/better/slightly better geared/luckier/better class I could see 350k being doable. I main enhancement shaman which is already quite high up the single target list though with only a handful of specs above.
    This could be explained pretty easy. As far as I know enhancement has really insane burst for on pull where you can pop everything like on Juggernaut. If your raid dps is really high aswell, and not just you peaking up 100k above everything else, the boss will obviously die really fast, and this allows you to main alot of that initial dps you had from the pull.

Quote Originally Posted by nolliepop View Post
    with full normal upgraded gear and a legendary cloak you'd have a 564 ilvl. you must be talking about a cleave fight rather than a patchwork because ~370k is a near perfect sim on a patchwork for me with a 574 ilvl. obviously not all classes are balanced perfectly, but i can't imagine a 564 doing as much as a 574 unless you're consistently having ridiculous luck with trinket uptime or you're talking about a cleave fight.
    www .worldoflogs. com/reports/u1v2lmosiylb2klr/sum/damageDone/?s=189&e=412#Qeu

This is me doing 375k dps in full normal gear on Iron Juggernaut - it does not get anymore patchworky than that (yeah as a rogue you can stay in melee 100%)
    I am not saying anyone can do that or that it is easy, but it is certainly doable.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    OP posed a silly question, because the advised/required DPS for the instance steadily increases.

As far as I know, less than 100k *average* DPS is (more than) okay to clear Flex wing 1. (That of course assume that the group is coordinated, not some lazy pug.) Something a little over 150 is needed for wing 4.

The first wing of normal requires under 150k, because, I know this will come as a shock, but 520-530 gear does not give the average DPS 200k single target with raid buffs.
    It's all well and good talking about first wing, but the actual numbers checks aren't relevant till wing 3/4 - which is what I base my required numbers around. If your group is all doing sub 100k you will not clear flex, so not really sure why it's worth mentioning.

Once again it's all well and good saying first wing requires sub 150k (you might be able to scrape the next 4 bosses, too), but past that you're gonna need the region of 200k. The 520 gear argument also seems pretty irrelevant since most people will be 530+ if they are looking at normal right now, or will be within 2 weeks of doing it + flex.

@Mithbandir I know how my spec works. raid dps has never been particularly high as I often raid with social guilds, sometimes I can get "lucky" and have my third elemental / ascendance combo, but that is still nearly 5 minutes into the fight so hardly a burst period.
    Last edited by Raiju; 2014-03-03 at 12:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hindsgaul View Post

This is me doing 375k dps in full normal gear on Iron Juggernaut - it does not get anymore patchworky than that (yeah as a rogue you can stay in melee 100%)
    I am not saying anyone can do that or that it is easy, but it is certainly doable.
    370K DPSe =p

Quote Originally Posted by mitbrandir View Post
    This could be explained pretty easy. As far as I know enhancement has really insane burst for on pull where you can pop everything like on Juggernaut. If your raid dps is really high aswell, and not just you peaking up 100k above everything else, the boss will obviously die really fast, and this allows you to main alot of that initial dps you had from the pull.
    And this makes the DPS on those fights irrelevant? To me, that makes no sense.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like how someone asks for "good DPS" presumably meaning "good enough not to be booted" and it turns into "This is the best number I have *ever* posted relative to my ilevel in all of the logs in my entire playing history, so, I guess you should shoot for that."

- - - Updated - - -

It's all well and good talking about first wing, but the actual numbers checks aren't relevant till wing 3/4 - which is what I base my required numbers around. If your group is all doing sub 100k you will not clear flex, so not really sure why it's worth mentioning.
    Because ... there are more bosses in the raid than the last 3?

Is a raid something you are supposed to either clear 0 bosses of or all the bosses of?

I like how someone asks for "good DPS" presumably meaning "good enough not to be booted" and it turns into "This is the best number I have *ever* posted relative to my ilevel in all of the logs in my entire playing history, so, I guess you should shoot for that."
    No, it turned into this because some people can't grasp that other people can pull high numbers at all.

Quote Originally Posted by restoxpresso View Post
    And this makes the DPS on those fights irrelevant? To me, that makes no sense.
    What I'm saying is that, your dps will be higher if your raid dps is high aswell, on most fights.

Because ... there are more bosses in the raid than the last 3?

Is a raid something you are supposed to either clear 0 bosses of or all the bosses of?
    To DO SoO that comprises doing all bosses. If you are looking to have ENOUGH dps for SoO, that is enough dps to CLEAR SoO.

Seems quite straight forward.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by mitbrandir View Post
    What I'm saying is that, your dps will be higher if your raid dps is high aswell, on most fights.
    Yeah, but that DPS is still 100% legit.
    If a boss takes 40 seconds, and I manage to pull 1m DPS on it because of CDs and Hero. but over a course of 10 minutes, I would only do 300k, does that mean that the 1m DPS I did wasn't legit? You made it sound like that.

How To Post In A Thread About DPS

Step 1
    Take your average DPS from a kill of a certain boss. Got it? Perfect! Now double it.
    That is now your DPS on that boss, remember, the higher the number the better you are.

Step 2
    Now you have your snazzy new DPS numbers, throw them around in peoples faces; make sure to use 'key phrases' just so every can truly admire how superior you are. Some examples are:

I can easily sustain 600k on Iron Jugg.
    I did 450k and I'm still missing [List Items].
    I weren't even paying attention and I did 2.3M on protectors.

Step 3
    Facts and evidence are for nerds. As an Elemental Shaman I would be in the top 10% of Elemental Shamans on a single target fight (used Iron Juggernaut Heroic) if I broke 375k. Obviously this is a l2p issue on the player-bases behalf, but don't let that stop you claiming things like "I do 375k in normal gear", the community will see you are just vastly superior to everyone else and give you the praise you deserve.

Crap, lunch break.
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-03-03 at 12:57 PM.

Double it? Triple it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    To DO SoO that comprises doing all bosses. If you are looking to have ENOUGH dps for SoO, that is enough dps to CLEAR SoO.

Seems quite straight forward.
    OP asked, which you may not have read:
    Whats good dps for flex?
    Min dps for normal?
    Bare min for heroic?
    On average
    "Good" for flex in the last wing, assuming you are in there by progressing through flex and not just showing up in 560 gear in a pug, is 150-200k. The group needs 150-ish average. More DPS will not make the boss any deader.

Minimum for normal, well, he didn't ask whether it was "minimum required to clear." But assuming he did, 200-ish. Once again, assuming you are progressing and not just showing up in your 570 gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hindsgaul View Post

haha normal gear..... Sureeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

as a reminder wow armory does exist.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Double it? Triple it.
    No shit. ...

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Step 3
    Facts and evidence are for nerds. As an Elemental Shaman I would be in the top 10% of Elemental Shamans on a single target fight (used Iron Juggernaut) if I broke 375k. Obviously this is a l2p issue on the player-bases behalf, and don't let that stop you claiming things like "I do 375k in normal gear", the community will see you are just vastly superior to everyone else and give you the praise you deserve.

Crap, lunch break.
    Yet, Elemental Shamans aren't one of the best specs, and especially not for single-target fights. So now yeah, you should claim that no one else can do it.

Deleted
    Concerning Juggernaut I can dish out roundabout 290k DPS with my Frost Mage @ iLvl 565...as it was said earlier, this fight is pretty much the Patchwerk of MoP.

I would say ~200k DPS and you'll do fine in normal SoO

Yet, Elemental Shamans aren't one of the best specs, and especially not for single-target fights. So now yeah, you should claim that no one else can do it.
    Are we still doing this?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cenxo View Post
    Whats good dps for flex?
    Min dps for normal?
    Bare min for heroic?
    On average
    I've cleared Flex with a team barely topping 130k with the top dps.

Normal? Well, beating enrage timers is probably around 150k, perhaps slightly less.

Heroic? I'm not too sure, but you're probably going to have to have the whole team nudging about 300k or maybe even a little higher. I never pay too much attention to everyone else's dps in my raid group since we've never really had a dps problem.

Quote Originally Posted by dzidek View Post
    Flex: 200k (just a guess)
    Norm: 330k (Raidbots 25M)
    Heroic: 450k (Raidbots 25M)

But the answer, as well as the question, is pointless.
    Did you buy your 14/14 heroic?

330k minimum DPS for Normal? What have you been eating!?

In full normal gear, you can pull around 350-375k, at least I do.
    Show me logs.

I did about 160k at 510 ilvl, from memory. as I said the requirement is below 200k but given most people are going to be in 540+ naturally it's hardly unreasonable to expect relevant numbers.
    Show me logs.