Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk View Post
    I actually came here looking to see if you'd commented about beta's

I'd guessed 1 more with 0.18 active (so those who were so "omg, all the bugs blah blah" would be blown away. It COULD be a really cunning strategy, we'll see.

- - - Updated - - -

I made it to blue but I also had 4 grain solvent (needed for epic metal weapons). It's only 40% though so I didn't risk it As a small tip - it seems once you can handle the elite camps, the bosses in those all have a chance at epic weapons. If it isn't an epic you like, there's your item to de-construct and get grain solvents from. I spotted a VERY easy boss in a public dungeon that had a 50% chance (it seemed) at a rare. Farmed the crap out of him to make sure I had plenty of dwarven oil The elite camp bosses though should be VERY doable with a 2/3 man group. There was one I could solo once I got a couple of levels over it.

Tabbycat - does the crafting continue to be the same - ANY blue can give dwarven oil for example or did they turn that on so we could test and the PTS one it's down to weapon level too?
    Boosters are craft specific. For example, I can use Embroidery (blue booster) to increase the quality of any green item made within the Clothier crafting system (cloth and leather armor). But I can't use Embroidery to improve the quality of items made through Blacksmithing or Woodworking.

So, if you want dwarven oil, you could only extract it from any level Blue weapons and armor made from Blacksmithing. you can also get boosters from refining raw materials used for that profession. So it is possible to get dwarven oil by refining ore into ingots.

Hope that helps.

Check the twitter, announced 13 hours ago, another beta before release.
    Tabbycat is on the PTS beta and has "confirmed" it too.
    Ok... well i've never ever been on their twitter, so I wouldn't see it. But thought I would share in case it had not been confirmed.

I don't know who tabbycat is sorry.

Deleted
    Check the twitter, announced 13 hours ago, another beta before release.
    Tabbycat is on the PTS beta and has "confirmed" it too.
    This was confirmed days ago, on the beta forums. They have announced there will be a beta weekend, with all the bugs fixes, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Hargrik View Post
    Unfortunately, I can only say you should wait. The same thing happened to me. If you google around you'll see that the same thing happened all over the world. You know things are not that bad when you are not the only one that's screwed.
    I know I'm dumb but I can't google it

Deleted
    Oh, and for therecord: during this stress test, i did not encountered with the problems in the previous (loading times, waiting, timeing out, etc). Just the terrible lag sometimes - most likely because of the US servers.

Quote Originally Posted by kalamona View Post
    Oh, and for therecord: during this stress test, i did not encountered with the problems in the previous (loading times, waiting, timeing out, etc). Just the terrible lag sometimes - most likely because of the US servers.
    The game ran great for me and the only problems I ran into were the UI getting stuck while crafting and some bugged anchors.

Quote Originally Posted by Stockers View Post
    Ok... well i've never ever been on their twitter, so I wouldn't see it. But thought I would share in case it had not been confirmed.

I don't know who tabbycat is sorry.
    Here is there twitter so you can bookmark the page if you want: https://twitter.com/TESOnline

And hi there, I'm Tabbycat.

Deleted
    I didn't crash or have stability issues at all last beta, but this beta at least 3-5 times, not including blank-screen forced closures. In the end, I upgraded my Nvidia drivers from the last super stable version I had (314.22 Win7-x64) to the latest stable version (332.21 Win7-x64). That made a perfect difference. I instantly stopped crashing or having any stability issues.

Of course, there were other problems this time too, e.g.

1. the "unknown error" hours-long login-disconnect cycle thing while they were fixing the login servers multiple times over the weekend. Only way to know it was planned was by checking their Twitter feed
    2. the super massive lag sometimes in PvP, generating Skill lag that would often get you killed (even if you were only doing PvE in the PvP zone) because it was as long as one whole minute!
    3. plus the Help system for submitting bugs/feedback disappearing or timing out for something like 1/3rd of the actual weekend playtime in total.

There were also almost all the previous quest and NPC bug problems from the previous patch because this patch was just a stability not content patch. Some of them could be resolved by relogging, but many could not.

So, somewhat more distracting and lower quality than I anticipated, given the game is getting so close to launch. The Help system going down was particularly disconcerting - I do not know if that was at least partly caused by it seeming to be a simple interface to the official Support/Forum website (though that seemed to be working every time I checked).

The above may not be relevant at all for the next beta weekend because we know already that is a totally different patch and they may have different test conditions too.

In terms of the raw game client and server performance, nothing seemed really changed from previous betas. It seems just as solid as ever and no extra complaints from players in chat, when it was working. At least this time there were no client login queues, which I believe was one of the stated objectives for the weekend (despite a much higher volume of players).
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2014-03-04 at 02:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I've decided on a bosmer Templar with a bow. But I can't decide if I want to go daggerfall covenant (Beta faction, like its feel and zones) or dominion (not sure I like Valenwood).
    If only my friends were not closed-minded morons with an IQ below 10, I'd have a better reason to pick one faction over another, but alas I must travel tamriel alone...but at least I'll have my monkey!
    Bah, what kind of thought is that. Of course you should go daggerfall.
    You'd be lame and unkewl not to.

Not sure if this has already been posted but:

Emperor PvP in Cyrodiil

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is a look at a Veteran Rank 10 dungeon "Wayrest Sewers" done by the guild "Mostly Harmless"

http://www.twitch.tv/elder_scrolls_online/c/3817328

You get to see a few of the tactics and a small look at a Daedric item near the end.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tabbycat View Post
    Emperor PvP in Cyrodiil
    Couldn't press mute fast enough, but nice gameplay footage. Always hate watching this guys videos because something looks off about his resolution...

I'm stil partially afraid of running into some emperor builds later on in the game.

I need to learn exactly HOW higher magicka/stmaina values impact their damage output (emperor werewolves look like they'll have stam for days... sprinting 24/7 possibly)

10+ Year Old Account
    Which Daedra minion deals more damage? Winged Twilight or Unstable Familiar?

This: http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrolls...elitist_jerks/
    Also this: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/this...ot-be-allowed/

Excuse me while I repeatably cut myself with a rusty knife.

I've had enough of all of this fucking addon/macro bullshit that have plagued MMOs for the longest time.
    Macros themselves need to be deleted from existence.
    Last edited by wombinator04; 2014-03-04 at 03:45 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Materia View Post
    Here is a look at a Veteran Rank 10 dungeon "Wayrest Sewers" done by the guild "Mostly Harmless"

http://www.twitch.tv/elder_scrolls_online/c/3817328

You get to see a few of the tactics and a small look at a Daedric item near the end.
    Anyone notice the guy has 631 EXTRA skill points? Given he didnt use them all but... 631 skill points at veteran 10.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post

I've had enough of all of this fucking addon/macro bullshit that have plagued MMOs for the longest time.
    The game isn't responsible for the macros. People are using AutoHotkey, which is an independent program, and program it to macro. The problem is (and always will be, in any game) addons. Those are the source of exploits, bots, etc. The game is giving way too much away, of their API and people are using it to gain an advantage, as it is with any addon/macro.

Personally, i think they should just remove any macro from the game (since they cant forbid the use of AutoHotkey or any other program... they can forbid it, but cant enforce the ban).

Seriously thought... who didn't see this coming?
    Last edited by mmoc3c164f0e8f; 2014-03-04 at 04:00 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabbycat View Post
    Emperor PvP in Cyrodiil
    Love this clip from it.

What a demon, literally! A whole group sees him coming, think they can range nuke him, then pop a shield, Emperor strolls in all like,

"Hey is there a party going in my empire? Why am I not invited? ... Wait, are you bad people? Time for some beheadings!"

Players pop all cooldowns, make the stupid mistake of remaining in melee range of a DK using Dragon Standard, let alone an Emperor. No shield or cooldown is going to save your while getting 50% less heals, against his 35% damage reduction and 35% damage increase on top of his Emperor buffs! Whole group inside bubble wiped within seconds, the lone little Archer outside the bubble, is like, "WTF is this?! Can I givez apology?" ... then he dies too.

His Ultimate generation is just amazing too. I'm guessing he's a WW on top of Authority passive or something with those back-to-back Standards, though it could just be Authority on its own.

Must be so satisfying playing as Emperor.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2014-03-04 at 04:43 AM.

actually im really enjoying the game, more then Wildstar Beta honestly

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post

It sucks, I know... But I knew it would happen when they said people would be able to mod the game. Basically it just means that PVP is ruined for me. I still can do the solo PVE stuff at least.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm really enjoying the ESO beta. Well, this wave is over now, and now I'm back to playing Skyrim. /sigh

Can't wait for it to come out. Has anyone figured out the highest possible DPS spec for each class yet? I imagine some hardcore number pushers have..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Conqueror View Post
    There's another curious choice they made for endgame:

Loot isn't soulbound. Meaning that if a PvE guild clears veteran content or Adventure Zones they can sell the loot they don't need, which only make the game even more casual friendly.

Want to play solo? Go ahead. Craft yourself legendary gear, buy geardrops from PvE guilds (upgrade them by crafting) and enjoy all the most likely future PvE content updates.

See, I don't mind this actually. It's weird especially on a launch title but I love the different ways to get gear, especially since crafting high-end legendaries will involve more than just buying materials and finding a special forge (also an awesome feature I love). I was going to try the end-game PvE in this game cause why not, but I'm glad to hear there's more than one way to get gear if you just don't have the time a few weeks in a row because of work and classes running late.

Also is there a poll or something to see which faction will/might have the most players? I'll probably make my Breton on Aldmeri Dominion, the damn leader is voiced by Kate Beckinsale!