Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    They've done all they can to explain it. They've made blog posts and citied examples to clarify. If people still don't get it then the blame is not on Blizzards side.
    Most will not understand, it will look and feel like a massive nerf on an epic scale and will likely cost them a million of not millions of subs and that will be 100% on Blizzard, but I don't think they care, I think they are tired of developing for WoW and want to move on anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobaltius View Post
    Most will not understand, it will look and feel like a massive nerf on an epic scale and will likely cost them a million of not millions of subs and that will be 100% on Blizzard, but I don't think they care, I think they are tired of developing for WoW and want to move on anyway.
    Once you kill the first mobs in the WoD starting zones that feeling will vanish. Most people won't even notice.

15+ Year Old Account
    The MMO-C devs really need to get on their arses and start working, because according to all these threads about exactly the same topic every single day, the search box is horribly broken.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by Ratyrel View Post
    Once you kill the first mobs in the WoD starting zones that feeling will vanish. Most people won't even notice.
    You'd have to play without damage/healing numbers and use percentages for health not to notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    You'd have to play without damage/healing numbers and use percentages for health not to notice.
    the feel of the kills wont change and that is the primary experience people go through when killing things. The numbers are superficial and people will adjust to them easily because of this.

Also concerning doing old content, especially more recent old content. Blizzard has said they will be making adjustments to old raids to allow for soloing of content by top levels
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2014-03-04 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    Tell me. Do you think the killing speed of newer mobs in the expac will slow down? Cause it is obvious that it will. You will be questing in greens, so you will be doing the damage of a character in greens and would be killing mobs slower.
    Chronomancer Club

Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    Tell me. Do you think the killing speed of newer mobs in the expac will slow down? Cause it is obvious that it will. You will be questing in greens, so you will be doing the damage of a character in greens and would be killing mobs slower.
    Killing the newer mobs will go faster every level, if that's what you wanted to know. Can't really go slower than now, since those mobs don't even exist yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseven View Post
    I really don't know how many times they have to say it. Or how many different ways they can say it.

To get an idea of how those that don't understand how the squish will work, I'm surprised no one has taken that extra 10% from that 100% and inferred that you get 1% more power per level over level 90. So 90 is 100% and level 100 is 110% therefore making things only 10% easier. Blizzard knows to be careful about wording these days because of people that twist what they say into statements as such above. Some people won't get it until it goes live, that's ok let them worry about this "issue" until then its fun to read the threads.

Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    Only 1-85 content is getting squished so there will still be two power jumps at 90 and 100 respectively.
    No. Look at the graphs they posted recently. There will be no power jump until you start gearing up at 100. Until then you get minuscule power increases at each level. Personally, the big jumps in power after level 85 made questing more fun. I will be sad to see that gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    Blizzard has said they will be making adjustments to old raids to allow for soloing of content by top levels
    There are other old content than raids. There is a huge outdoor world too... Making adjustments to older raids will solve only a tiny portion of the problem. Because the squish, lower level players will be much stronger and they stated it also. You won't be able to one shot a level 80 player, what's more they even will be able to kill your lvl 100 toon. How is that sound to you?

sounds great. atleast lower levels will be able to survive a bit against higher levels and higher level chars will have to twist hte blade a bit more to kill them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobaltius View Post
    If we do lose a few idiots in WoD I think it would be for the best, there is nothing confusing or illogical about the squish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Richiebcfc25 View Post
    I can understand peoples anxiety over this

Blizz hasnt done a very good job explaining it.
    I can understand people's apprehension, but it's absolutely not because Blizzard hasn't done a good job explaining. Blizzard has explained in great depth many, many, many times how it works, and they've addressed in detail what has changed, how it will change, and how it impact and not impact the player. They've also answered tons of questions (some of them multiple times) from players via forums and twitters reexplaining or clarifying some of people's concerns. Not to mention we got to play the squish at Blizzcon, and lots of us posted feedback from that, too. I don't think any other feature or change in Warlords has been discussed with the same depth.

Now, I understand if people haven't read or seen that information, because not everyone reads the news on MMO-Champion regularly (or at all), but that certainly isn't for lack of of effort on Blizzard's part.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    They stated this like a hundred times... No it won't change a thing performance-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I can understand people's apprehension, but it's absolutely not because Blizzard hasn't done a good job explaining. Blizzard has explained in great depth many, many, many times how it works, and they've addressed in detail what has changed, how it will change, and how it impact and not impact the player. They've also answered tons of questions (some of them multiple times) from players via forums and twitters reexplaining or clarifying some of people's concerns. Not to mention we got to play the squish at Blizzcon, and lots of us posted feedback from that, too. I don't think any other feature or change in Warlords has been discussed with the same depth.

Now, I understand if people haven't read or seen that information, because not everyone reads the news on MMO-Champion regularly (or at all), but that certainly isn't for lack of of effort on Blizzard's part.
    I dunno, I stay pretty up-to-date on Blizz posts / tweets, and I haven't seen details on how they will address how [the fact that higher level stuff gets squished more than lower level stuff] would not result in a relative loss of power against those lower level things.

I've seen them say our relative power will remain the same, and that if necessary they'll institute zone buffs, but that's it. If there's something I've missed, I'd be glad to see it.

Don't get me wrong -- at level 100, even when weaker we'll steamroll Vanilla content ... and I do believe if they feel it necessary they'll instill some sort of player buff when engaging older content, to the point where I do believe we'll actually come out relatively stronger ... but, again, I just don't recall them having posted details. How big is the buff, and does it adjust by how old the content is ? Would the buff only be in instances ? Is it a buff on us, or debuff on the mobs ? If the buff applies when we're in an old, but un-instanced zone ... what about world pvp in those zones -- if the players are buffed, is only applicable against mobs, and if it's against enemies is it, again, only against mobs ? Say you're fighting next to zone boundaries, would the buff adjust if you cross that zone border ?

I recall seeing plans, but no details. I don't think it's all that far out there to be concerned that they won't be able to live up to their plans. I mean, it's only been within the past week or so that they've told us that Amp and Cleave are off the table as secondaries, after us thinking for months they were going to happen. I think it's very fair to be concerned (although, yes, this is predicated upon the idea I haven't missed them sharing these details)
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I've seen them say our relative power will remain the same, and that if necessary they'll institute zone buffs, but that's it. If there's something I've missed, I'd be glad to see it.
    There's a chance you missed this
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    In fact, to provide some additional peace of mind, we're implementing further scaling of your power against lower-level targets so that earlier content will be even more accessible than it is now.
    That would be a behind the scenes buff you get when fighting lower level enemies. You did mention it directly after the quote, but in a different way.

Makes sense that everything is being squished no sense in leaving old content harder than new