10+ Year Old Account
    There's a link where they talk at length about those incredibly awful contracts the Panthers were giving out, man, they can't even cut Stewart or they eat a $18 mil cap hit, sheesh... I bet that awful GM finds an NFL job again though, nobody seems to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    If you like throwing money away to the other team.
    Yea its not like he threw less INTs than all those guys outside of Rodgers who missed half a season or wouldve thrown more. Its not like he knocked out Brady from advancing in the playoffs. Its not like in their last 8 playoff games Peyton has thrown the EXACT amount of INTs as Brady has. Its not like hes the only player in NFL history to win 5 MVPs when nobody else has even hit 4. Its not like... you know I think Ive made my point

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    you know I think Ive made my point

What is Manning record against brady all time? What are his playoff stats compared to brady all time? All those trophies are nice during the reg season, but what is #18 playoff record? Why does bad defense seem to follow him?

How did #18 fare against brees in the biggest game of that season?

So you would pick Manning over Rodgers right now?

You really don't wanna get into a stat and win debate with Brady and Manning. Manning is a beast in the reg season, but for some strange reason turns into clark kent during the playoffs. Why is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    you know I think Ive made my point
    If you say so.
    You cared enough to post.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Interesting article about the increased Salary Cap and how it will influence the league, and the coming free agent period. http://grantland.com/features/the-money-pit/

Not sure I like the bit where he says it makes it more unlikely for the Patriots to hang on to Aqib Talib though.
    I don't see us keeping Aqib. We are not known to throw top dollar at cornerbacks, he will probably end up in some shit club like Redskins or Titans where he will get paid top dollar, but seem lackluster because the team is crap.

sports memes
    here we go again eh

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    here we go again eh

And my #2 fan comes to the rescue w/o links, facts, or anything to support w/e debate I happen to be in. It is good to know a member of the clique is following my every post about #18. Are the Broncos gonna redo his deal like Romo?
    Last edited by icausewipes; 2014-03-05 at 03:10 PM.
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    I don't see us keeping Aqib. We are not known to throw top dollar at cornerbacks, he will probably end up in some shit club like Redskins or Titans where he will get paid top dollar, but seem lackluster because the team is crap.
    I bet the Raiders, where he'll get arrested before the end of the season for getting into a fight in a club and subsequently piss away his career.

If he goes, our offseason priority suddenly goes from maybe TE and maybe interior D-line to absolutely HAVE to get CB help. We've drafted 8 DB's since 2010, and of them only McCourty really became special....at safety. The rest hasn't looked like they could step in for Talib, at all, so I don't expect his replacement to come from there. So that means either get another free agent (which would mean paying someone and them having to learn the Patriots system, why the hell not just pay Talib then?) or draft a guy and hope he pans out.

Either way, if Talib walks I fully expect our secondary to be a problem again at least untill however we get to replace Talib steps up and delivers. That might not happen at all though, so we might end up getting into shoot-outs a lot again. >.<

My feelings about Talib and Edelman in song form: http://youtu.be/7koS5PMpmbU?t=40s

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not sure if the FO of the Pats is strong at bringing in rookie DBs but this draft is going be be insane as far as CB goes, same with SS. Teams that consider those to be weak links are likely frothing at the mouth at the prospect of this draft.

I know I want the Niners to trade up to get eithet Pryor the SS from Louisville or Gilbert the CB from OK State if Gilbert falls to around #14. If Pryor falls to #21, then I would try and trade with the Packers, because Philly will likely want him too. Barring either of thosse options, stick at #30 and get Fuller in my opinion, and use either of the two second rounders on either Jimmy Ward or Deone Buchannon, both are SS and seem to be in the same mold of what the FO looks for in a safety, decent coverage ability with very solid tackling. I say focus on the defensive backfield because that is what absolutely lilled the Niners down the strech, Carlos Rogers ahould be gone, and Whitner may take a bigger payday elsewhere. WR and backup QB are other things that are needed, but they can be picked up later in the draft.

In other news, Brandon Browner was reinstated by the NFL, so a team like New England or the Eagles may look at him as a possible budget CB, he won't be veteran minimum, but he is a solid CB who will probably not be suspended for PEDs again. I know I would rather not have the Niners sign him just for the hypocracy that would mean. Many Niners players bashed Seattle for the PED stuff, and even more fans did.
    Last edited by Robbyjawz; 2014-03-05 at 06:43 PM.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

10+ Year Old Account
    the Pats like to throw rookie DBs to the wolves and they generally fare decently

and quit feeding icausewipes, he's a fat enough troll as it is

Infracted: Please do not call other users trolls
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2014-03-06 at 10:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Champ Bailey was released by Denver, saves 10 million bucks in cap space for them. Good move in my opinion, I respect the hell out of the guy, but his age was showing when I saw him play. Denver can chase after Verner, Talib, or some other CB in FA, or look towards the draft, it is deep at that spot as I had said, and the FO may have someone they like already. The move shows that Denver's FO isn't afraid to make moves like that at least, I know that he was well respected and liked as a player by players and fans. That is the kind of front office most teams need.

As much as I would hate to see players that I love go, if they are not cutting it anymore, then it is time to cut them loose. I am glad Gore hasn't slowed down as much as was theorized to this point, he started slowing at the end of the year, but it is his final season with SF, and will likely not be resigned unless it is for insanely cheap.

D'Qwell Jackson signed a 4 year contract worth 22 million with the Indianapolis Colts. Not a bad pickup of a veteran player who is also a leader, the guy played rather well for the Browns. Not a bad deal in my opinion, it adds another LB there, and I am not sure how they are at LB.

Champ Bailey has also apparently issued a statement that he would be willing to play Safety for whoever picks him up, good move on his part, because right now he would make a better FS than CB.
    Last edited by Robbyjawz; 2014-03-06 at 07:29 PM.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like the Saints are looking for takers on Pierre Thomas, Lance Moore, & Darren Sproles.

I was afraid of this, I would really hate to lose Thomas or Moore they contribute a lot to the team's success on third downs and there's been speculation about trading/cutting/re-structuring any or all of them. Plus Moore has the best TD celebrations on the team . Sproles can be a bit too much of a crutch for Brees who will dump off short and punt more often than I'd like, so losing him would be bad but not as bad as losing Thomas for his pass-protection and huge contribution to the screen game.

Looks like the Seahawks wont be keeping Michael Bennett

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, fuck him. Saying he'd take a pay cut to stay here, now this.

And my #2 fan comes to the rescue w/o links, facts, or anything to support w/e debate I happen to be in. It is good to know a member of the clique is following my every post about #18. Are the Broncos gonna redo his deal like Romo?
    I've given cogent arguments before, but I found that the best way to deal with you is to just point out how infatuated you are with sports memes and leave it at that.

Besides, it's not like I'm going to change anyone's mind in a sports thread on a gaming forum. That's a serious combination of the two most stubborn and arguably ignorant groups online.

I do however love to mention Tebow's stats in his first 16 games: awful completion percentage, but 2800 yards and 19 TDs to 9 INTs throwing the ball, plus what he did with his feet ... and an absurd playoff win. Not quite a joke of a player but eh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    I thought he said the opposite

and it begins... Lance Moore got cut, granted his contract was a little heavy for what he does, but then again he has brought so much to the Saints over the years, I sure hope the young guys are ready to step up... *glares at Nick Toon*

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I thought he said the opposite

and it begins... Lance Moore got cut, granted his contract was a little heavy for what he does, but then again he has brought so much to the Saints over the years, I sure hope the young guys are ready to step up... *glares at Nick Toon*
    Kenny Stills has been doing pretty good.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    That was Golden Tate. Bennett never said anything about taking a pay cut.
    I can teach you how to play, but I can't fix stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagonos View Post
    That was Golden Tate. Bennett never said anything about taking a pay cut.
    http://seattletimes.com/html/seahawk...ebar06xml.html

I read it. Where does it say that Bennett said he'd take a pay cut? He came to Seattle for less money THIS year because he felt he could perform really well and then make more money on his next contract. Golden Tate was the one who said he would take a pay cut to come back next year and play for the Seahawks.

“I want to be back here, 100 percent,” Bennett said. “I love the team, I love my teammates. Pete does a great job of letting us play. I want to be a part of that. I know we can go back and win a Super Bowl again with all these guys. It’s a business, but I definitely want to be back.”

Bennett said he turned down more money and multiyear offers to sign with the Seahawks for one season. But he also said, “Any player in any sport wants a multiyear deal.”
    I can teach you how to play, but I can't fix stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    the quote I was familiar with was

"There is no such thing as discount," Bennett said on NFL Network's "NFL Total Access" Tuesday night. "This isn't Costco, this isn't Walmart; this is real life."