Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    From a PVP standpoint it started out about an 8 1/2 then dwindled to about a 6. Pretty much giving everyone 70% plus dropped the quality of the PVP a few notches for me personally. I don't mind the longer fights and not being able to smoke an undergeared player in 3 seconds. And, undergeared players were supposed to be more useful, but they're not, most of them simply live longer to do still do nothing. The changes made healers that much more of an asset and the role cue system was intended to mitigate this, but the system never worked as intended. Plus, I hated being 40 I-levels below PVE heroes in World PVP.

Deleted
    I give it a solid 8/10, found it to be a good expansion overall, I would argue against people that say there is no main antagonist, the whole point of going into Pandaria and indeed the point in the expansion itself is that YOU (the player) are the main antagonist, via the manifestation of your darkest emotions of hate, fear, despair. Let's be honest here, the main victims in all of this are the Pandaren who have been at the center of the war between Alliance and Horde, it just so happens that some people's emotions are stronger than others to a point that it consumes them (Garrosh).

Raiding content was pretty good, I liked the idea of Flexible raiding and I can't wait to see the new raiding system that implements different tiers to suit everyone's need. Story was decent as well and PvE was great for leveling content. Can't really say much on PvP because I don't really do a lot of it.

6/10

It was solidly built, more or less, but nothing really wowed or surprised me- it was mostly just more of the same. Sure there were some new things, but nothing groundbreaking or revolutionary or whatever other adjective you prefer. That's not to say I really expected anything more than that. It's the way addon content for games goes the vast majority of the time.
    How I waste my time: Biter Comics

5.5/10

I enjoyed the Monk class and it is my main now. 5.2 was the highlight for me this entire expansion with the Isle of Thunder being quite fun and I wish they have more zones with the exact same type of content in it with another awesome location. Warlock green fire quest was fun when it was released. Temple of Kotomngu or whatever was amazing.

I didn't care for most of the new features such as Scenarios and Pet Battles. Raiding content was okay for me with most bosses being boring with a few being the exception. Dungeons were a 1/10 for me as they were boring and dull. Lore was mostly hit and miss with the highlight being 5.2. Ugly mounts and gear with the exception of the Cutting Edge SoO mount. Found PvP frustrating this expansion compared to previous ones.

I love Asian themes in games but it just did not work for me here.
    Last edited by Aruhen; 2014-03-06 at 09:36 AM.

Deleted
    Vanilla - 7
    TBC - 5
    WotLK - 9
    Cata - 5
    MoP 8

Deleted
    overall an 8/10
    with some area's scoring lows like 4's, but other parts being 10/10 in my eyes.

which so far overall made it the most enjoyable expansion so far for me.

Id say 7.5/10. I really liked it overall, but the score gets dragged down by 5.0 dailies and PvP being so insanely CC-heavy all expansion.

If I could split PvE and PvP, PvE would get a 9.5/10. Great raids, great catch-up mechanics, flex mode was amazing, challenge modes, scenarios, just the pesky 5.0 dailies that were annoying.

PvP 5/10
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

9/10 for raid content
    4/10 for overall "feel" of MoP
    4/10 for story/lore
    2/10 for 5mans
    1/10 for new race stuff
    5/10 for new class stuff

Overall I'm going with 6/10 for the whole thing. I more or less only raid so it is better than that for me if I JUST look at what I do.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I made a craptop of gold and had a good time.

Obviously just like everyone else I am tremendously disappointed and WoW is about to die.

So, I would think, sitting on my newly minted multiple gold capped toons and more than a year of pure fun, 0/10, or maybe -0.5/10. I am using the MMO-C rating system.

Deleted
    2/10 a filler expansion, nothing else.

Deleted
    Leveling 85-90 8/10
    (I think that pandarien theme was well implemented and i especially liked klaxxi storyline)

dungeons 6/10
    (could be more of them)

hc dungeons 1/10
    (too easy and not viable gear up option for people who didnt played since beginning of mop)

challenge mode dungens 4/10
    (i don't know if they are good or bad becouse after months of playing mop i wasn't able to get into single challenge group. Imo there should be better reward to keep people more interested)

LFR 1/10
    (incredible dumbfest and especially not fun to play if your main role was tanking)

CRZ 6/10
    (it's still not fully implemented by blizzard... however community made some of the best features wow ever had - oqueue and openraid)

UI improvements 2/10
    (u dont need moveanything addon anymore... it took blizzard only 8years to implement this basic function... buff tracking is still terrible)

Cashshop -10/10
    (i am not ok with this feature as long as there is no way to get these vanity items and op pets such as lil'ragnaros in game too!!!)

Scenarios 7/10
    (they are fun to play but i would rather have more dungeons or more challenging content in this game)

brawler arena 10/10
    (small little feature but i like it a lot)

pet battles 7/10
    (well done but still a bit unbalanced)

random battlegrounds 1/10
    (playing with bots 24/7 is not fun... i actually didn't noticed bots in expansions before but now they are everywhere)

arenas 7/10
    (finally i can play arenas whenever i want thanks to oqueue)

rated bgs 3/10
    (it's still incredible unbalanced... tbh nothing has changed from cataclysm at all. Wizards are even more powerfull then ever and melees can't even tank anymore)

wpvp 0/10
    (thank you for timeless isle blizzard... thats best pvp content ever made)

new spells 1/10
    (they are all gamebreaking piece of s**t... symbiosis is imo worst spell ever implemented)

proving grounds 1/10
    (imbalanced... it's especially badly designed for ferals who suffer most on cleave fights and this is now supposed to be some sort of skill measurement? rofl!)

hc raiding 11/10
    (Mop have many great boss fights and makes it a bit harder for tanks and healers which is great challenge. My favorite fight as a tank/melee dps was Will of the Emperor.)

legendary questline 10/10
    i liked it!

Overall:
    Mop is good as a singleplayer game... you don't need to be social to see every aspect of this game anymore, which is good if you are asocial person or you are not willing to invest more time into MMO game but it's BAD experience for people who have to carry those hateful trolls, gogo idiots in harder content such as LFR. After playing this game for years i don't feel like playing in hc guild is worth it anymore. I still have plenty of time to play wow but why should i do it when this huge time investment gives you so little in return?

6/10
    Last edited by mmoc639b4181bd; 2014-03-06 at 08:21 AM.

5/10

It has HoF which is the worst raid I have seen going back to BC. I did really enjoy the start of it but it was quickly downhill from there. SoO is decent but it is going to be out for a year so that hurts it some.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by necrobear View Post
    How so? Explain
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by necrobear View Post
    ... And yet did more to advance the story than any other WoW expansion...

I'd say 8.5/10. Had 5.3 been better, had the Timeless Isle been more fun and had weapons been less rare/difficult to obtain, it would've been a 10/10.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Miles Better than Vanilla 7/10
    Almost as good as TBC. 10/10
    Definitely better than Cata 5/10
    About the same as WOTLK 8/10

I give it a 8/10 as far as the over all experience goes.

an 8 to 9 out of ten, theres very little i can think of to improve upon.
    this expac brought the most content and the most varied content to date.

10+ Year Old Account
    About a seven for me. I had plenty to do but---I don't know---something was missing. A lot of people will immediately leap to 'dungeons' but personally that wasn't it. Some of it has to do with while there was a lot to do at end game it was all so heavily weighted toward raids, which I like well enough and recognize that this is a much better than average expansion for that, but raiding hasn't been my primary activity in the game since Wrath.

I thought the story-telling was good and the stories were interesting but the constant need to have voiceover narration running during things became annoying after a while. Something like challenge modes were sorely needed but the race-against-the-clock business of them is not my cup of tea. I think the idea of scenarios is quite wonderful and full of potential but believe that Blizzard missed the boat entirely with them due to a certain cut/paste cookie-cutter feeling to them and generally a lack of creativity. The few solo scenarios were quite good though and I loved patch 5.1. I would have liked to have seen some scenarios for larger groups. In retrospect this may be the single worst thing about the expansion: it could have been better on the creative side. A lot of it felt like it was all too pat and on rails. Timeless Isle was a major disappointment too.

So good but not as good as it could have been for me. Too many things that were a swing and a miss. No home runs. A few weak singles.

On a related note, the community was worse than ever and is really the biggest existing turnoff in the game right now. Blizzard doesn't seem terribly interested in doing much if anything about it, pleading their helplessness which I think is BS. But enough. Now that I read all of this it looks like seven is too high. But I'll leave it like it is.

Next expansion I'll be going with a different class for a main in an effort to shake things up a little bit.

[Last edit]: I think the music in this expansion is as good or better than any of the previous expansions and that's saying quite a lot personally. I also think that visually the expansion zones were quite beautiful.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2014-03-06 at 08:36 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

5/10
    I was moving away from raiding by the time of this expansion so most of my experience was overall underwhelming or filled with frustration and I have always disliked dailies. This is the least I have ever played an expansion and first time to have played for a month of each tier and quit. There was better overall content than Cata and even parts of WotLK, but a good portion of it was out of what I touch which made MoP a horrible fit for me while Cata was personally among the best and its lack of content and grinds fit me and my more casual time commitment which included doing PuG raids at a fraction of the time players spend in queue for LFR and clearing one wing.

I would rate it higher due to the quality of the content, but I didnt ether touch that content or be able to get engaged and drawn into it to be sure of the experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    5/10

It has HoF which is the worst raid I have seen going back to BC. I did really enjoy the start of it but it was quickly downhill from there. SoO is decent but it is going to be out for a year so that hurts it some.
    I did get to touch the opening tiers a tiny bit on normal with PuGs while current. I really dont know what was going on with the developers especially given that you start from vaults to HoF to terrace with terrace IMO being mechanically no harder than ToC at launch especially for DPS. The tuning was tighter, but other wise simple compared to Vaults and HoF. You can tell a lot of resources was spent in the raids, but it seemed to have lacked a focus on flow of the big picture.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2014-03-06 at 08:44 AM.

Deleted
    8/10. Definitely my favorite expansion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Probably around 4. maybe a 5 for adding timeless isle. Didn't like the fluffy pandas, dailies and some other stuff.